Summer 2020 Feedback

Is it better to accumulate a certain amount of doubloons before you spin? I used up all my doubloons so far going for the crow nest, currently got it to level 5. Now I only get 2 doubloons each day, and I don’t know if I should spend the 2 or 4 or whatever when I see the crow nest, or wait until I get like 15 and then spin. Any suggestions?

Chenubic

The Crow's Nest has two animations but one is relatively subtle and the other isn't obvious until after the end of the Summer event. The first is the active people on and next to the lighthouse. The second is that when you collect from it, you get parrots (?) flying off that are less noticeable while the others for the event are flying around all the time.
Ah yeah, not sure how I managed to miss those two dudes rocking back and forth, guess after the Hippo I was looking for something a little more grandiose, and I haven't had the animations on when I collected yet, just when I first fully leveled them, but I'll be sure to look next time I do.

Chenubic

Is it better to accumulate a certain amount of doubloons before you spin? I used up all my doubloons so far going for the crow nest, currently got it to level 5. Now I only get 2 doubloons each day, and I don’t know if I should spend the 2 or 4 or whatever when I see the crow nest, or wait until I get like 15 and then spin. Any suggestions?
Definitely!
This is only my second event, but one indisputable truth with both is that you're better off waiting until you have a decent amount of whatever the currency is, and then going hard after whatever you want when it's available. That, and with this event, it's best to try and pick a time when there aren't many (if any) other people spinning the wheel, so you don't end up having somebody refresh it on you. So far I only had that happen once, when somebody refreshed it on me after I had spun six times going for one of the big FP packs.. Also had somebody snag a crows nest upgrade ahead of me once.

John16309

I went the route of waiting until I had 20 Doubloons saved up before even looking at the wheel. I'm caught up on quests, and was feeling very lucky; got 3 crow's nests for 2, 13 and 14 spins, so I was way below the "average" of 15 spins for a gold prize. With 24 on hand, a neighbor refreshed and another CN came up. Took me 23 spins, clearing almost the entire wheel, before I got the CN. Now I am patiently waiting until I am back up to 20 before considering the wheel again, unless I see a mostly empty wheel with a CN waiting to be plucked.

jreese7990

In comparison to last year, I feel as though there is far more mostly useless junk on the wheel this year. Last year felt like most spins landed you something you were at least happy to get.

Inno has been very penurious in having doubloons show up as Incidents. Since the contest began, I have only found one doubloon. Compared to the other Events, this is abysmal. For the amount of junk on the wheel, doubloons should be freely flowing in the fields outside the city!

Definitely!
This is only my second event, but one indisputable truth with both is that you're better off waiting until you have a decent amount of whatever the currency is, and then going hard after whatever you want when it's available. That, and with this event, it's best to try and pick a time when there aren't many (if any) other people spinning the wheel, so you don't end up having somebody refresh it on you. So far I only had that happen once, when somebody refreshed it on me after I had spun six times going for one of the big FP packs.. Also had somebody snag a crows nest upgrade ahead of me once.
Good to know I’m not the only one with this way of thinking. And it also happened to me when someone refreshed the wheel while I was going for the crow’s nest. He is a guildmate, and afterward, I asked him what he was looking for. He said nothing in particular, just some forge points or goods. I was so mad.

Joeyjojojo

Picture1.jpg
Refreshed the wheel, and this is what it looked like when I finally got the crow's nest kit. I feel like anytime I get a gold prize quickly (first spin) it's some piece of junk I don't want, and when there's something I do want I practically need to clear the wheel to get it. The gold spot should be just as likely to come up as any other spot, but here we can see 3 cleared greens (and 2x on 2 others) and 2.5 cleared silvers before it finally hit gold.

And yes, I know it's just perception bias, and I suspect I'll have some better luck sometime (either later in the event or on other servers) but I had really been hoping to get a crow's nest in that world since it's staying in IA so I won't ever see the AD.

Edit: At least no one else managed to snag it ahead of me.

ffblackice

Quest 39!! Are you kidding me. Iron Age worlds have to do 24-hr productions 10 times!!!! What is this garbage???
You need to be prepared, quest lines are available on internet. In beta only need 8X 24 hours productions, looks like Inno tried to push everyone to upper era.

Nicholas002

It varies by the age you are in. Not from player to player.
I'm sure age has something to do with it, but I also am pretty sure there are other factors (perhaps some randomness?).

Reason is, on the wiki it says produce (8-24) productions, and then another quest will also say produce (8-24) production, and on the first one, I have to do 10, and on the next one I have to do 12. I have not aged up during the event.