• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

mintbunnies

I have relatively good luck with the compass but frustrating luck with the wheel. However I shouldn't really complain, I got my 5th crow's nest literally seconds before one of my neighbors refreshed the wheel.

So I have a newbie question all, my sister is in Bronze Age: should she rush thru to Iron Age so she can participate in GE? I tried to look thru the wiki and most seem doable in bronze. But my eyes are getting crossed and I'm trying to determine whether to recommend her to level up before the next GE starts.

RazorbackPirate

I have relatively good luck with the compass but frustrating luck with the wheel. However I shouldn't really complain, I got my 5th crow's nest literally seconds before one of my neighbors refreshed the wheel.

So I have a newbie question all, my sister is in Bronze Age: should she rush thru to Iron Age so she can participate in GE? I tried to look thru the wiki and most seem doable in bronze. But my eyes are getting crossed and I'm trying to determine whether to recommend her to level up before the next GE starts.
I don't think there's a need to rush, but the GE prizes are too valuable to a new city to linger longer than needed. I say GE sooner than later, but don't rush to hit an arbitrary date. There will always be another GE.

Farfle the smelly

Why did you spin the wheel when there wasn't a Crow's Nest kit on the wheel? I'm laughing at you too.
Oh, no buddy boy. Spinning that wheel in hopes I would see a crows nest. The only time I spin otherwise is the 20 fps option. I’ve tried to be disciplined. It’s been very difficult not to spin just for fun!

Edit: I’ve spent 90% of my time doing refresh spins. My poor neighbors.

mintbunnies

I don't think there's a need to rush, but the GE prizes are too valuable to a new city to linger longer than needed. I say GE sooner than later, but don't rush to hit an arbitrary date. There will always be another GE.
I was mostly thinking in terms of completing the event quests, some of which says "win ___ encounters" but on the other hand this is good advice also. Thanks.

go for it.
thanks I'll let her know! :D

Vger

Scored the last 3 Crow's Nest upgrades I needed today. All 3 times, the wheel was almost completely full and almost completely empty before I won the upgrades. I started with 45 Doubloons at the beginning, and now have 6 left.

A bit close for comfort, but now I've got a second Crow's Nest, which was about the only thing I wanted from the event beyond the Villa. I'll likely go for Ship Upgrades next, it would be nice to have a second Pirate ship, cause, well...
Did the same today. Had 1 upgrade from last year, so needed 7. Only refreshed the wheel once, and that was a brain fart. I let my hoodies do that.

8 Doubloons left and...15 days? Really? 2 more weeks? Maybe I will go for a ship? I was thinking too big and too old buy maybe? Or work on a 3'rd CN? Won't get it here, but the AD will likely let met finish it. HUM....

Farfle the smelly

I was mostly thinking in terms of completing the event quests, some of which says "win ___ encounters" but on the other hand this is good advice also. Thanks.

thanks I'll let her know! :D
In that sense, she MAY come up to some difficulties. There are a number of fighting quests that forced me to attack neighbors because I couldn’t go farther in my c-map, and we were in a seize fire on the GBG map. As long as she doesn’t go too far on her map, I think she’s be okay.

That said, if I was perfect in my recent past life I would’ve spent about a week doing the monotony of simply building up my BA goods. But it’s a real drag, so I wouldn’t judge her in the slightest if she jumped to IA. We all did. :)

mintbunnies

In that sense, she MAY come up to some difficulties. There are a number of fighting quests that forced me to attack neighbors because I couldn’t go farther in my c-map, and we were in a seize fire on the GBG map. As long as she doesn’t go too far on her map, I think she’s be okay.

That said, if I was perfect in my recent past life I would’ve spent about a week doing the monotony of simply building up my BA goods. But it’s a real drag, so I wouldn’t judge her in the slightest if she jumped to IA. We all did. :)
I attacked my neighbors too and sent them an apology letter ^^;;

I accidentally leveled up to Iron Age myself because I was such a noob. Her town is already better than mine was in bronze because I instructed her how to guild hop and she was able to get a full Zeus and near full other GBs plus a butt ton of gold.

Duuuude. Unmedicated ADHDer. There’s no help for my shiny sparky things in this game. THAT was disciplined. Lolol
I feel you Farfle. I have a compulsive need to refresh when my silly neighbors are spinning with no gold/silver prizes. I think I've done it for them at least 5 times.

Nicholas002

Oh, no buddy boy. Spinning that wheel in hopes I would see a crows nest. The only time I spin otherwise is the 20 fps option. I’ve tried to be disciplined. It’s been very difficult not to spin just for fun!

if you are seeking a specific gold prize, 93.75% of the times that you refresh the wheel, it is a wasted doubloon. (since there are 16 gold prizes, and you only want one of them.

If you refresh yourself, you spend on average 24 doubloons per prize (16 to get the prize on the wheel, and 8 to win the prize.)
If you let your neighbors refresh, you spend 9 doubloons per prize ( 9 spins to win prize).

conclusion: if you refresh yourself, you can expect around 4 prizes in total.
If you let your neighbors refresh, you can expect around 12 prizes total. Huge difference, and all it takes is patience.

Lady Gato

Gah!

No, I’m very happy for y’all. What I find really annoying is that in my two cities (which I was focused on crows nest for both), I won 3 wishing wells in one, and 3 shrink kits for the other.

Inno is totally laughing at me.
No -- Inno laughing at me & giving me shards of wishing wells and shards of shrink kits and coins as well.

Falconwing

I have 46 Doubloons left to gain and I need 111 map spaces to finish. That's an average of 2.4 spaces per Compass
Got my two Doubloons from today's log in and quest, both got a one on the ship map. Now I'm at 44 compasses left and 109 spaces. Now I need 2.45 per compass to finish. At this rate, Even if I buy a 20 pack, I might not make it. Complete Effin BS.

DeletedUser36145

Just got my fully upgraded Crow's nest. I had the lvl 1 building from last year, so needed only 7 selections.
Problem is, there is nothing more to play for, except a few Sentinel outposts or upgrades.
Maybe I will go for a spare Governor's Villa, just to have the base for next year.

P.S. I have found 4 coins in incidents on my main and 2 on my diamond farm, so maybe I have been lucky.
A nice event so far, we will see how things turn out with the Villa.

RazorbackPirate

I didn't refresh the wheel once. I just checked it whenever I was on and waited to spin once I saw a CN upgrade. I guess it all comes down to self discipline. The discipline to save up enough doubloons to clear the wheel when the prize I wanted came up, and the discipline to wait until it did.

Save and wait, save and wait. It's a strategy that pays off every event and in life.

DeletedUser31499

I’m trying for the sentinel outpost and it’s upgrade. Had good luck the first couple of days letting someone else refresh the wheel then pouncing when the sentinel was on the wheel. Since then I haven’t seen even 1 sentinel on the wheel.