• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

John16309

I went the route of waiting until I had 20 Doubloons saved up before even looking at the wheel. I'm caught up on quests, and was feeling very lucky; got 3 crow's nests for 2, 13 and 14 spins, so I was way below the "average" of 15 spins for a gold prize. With 24 on hand, a neighbor refreshed and another CN came up. Took me 23 spins, clearing almost the entire wheel, before I got the CN. Now I am patiently waiting until I am back up to 20 before considering the wheel again, unless I see a mostly empty wheel with a CN waiting to be plucked.

Reese7990

In comparison to last year, I feel as though there is far more mostly useless junk on the wheel this year. Last year felt like most spins landed you something you were at least happy to get.

Just An Observer

Inno has been very penurious in having doubloons show up as Incidents. Since the contest began, I have only found one doubloon. Compared to the other Events, this is abysmal. For the amount of junk on the wheel, doubloons should be freely flowing in the fields outside the city!

Tytan the Great

Definitely!
This is only my second event, but one indisputable truth with both is that you're better off waiting until you have a decent amount of whatever the currency is, and then going hard after whatever you want when it's available. That, and with this event, it's best to try and pick a time when there aren't many (if any) other people spinning the wheel, so you don't end up having somebody refresh it on you. So far I only had that happen once, when somebody refreshed it on me after I had spun six times going for one of the big FP packs.. Also had somebody snag a crows nest upgrade ahead of me once.
Good to know I’m not the only one with this way of thinking. And it also happened to me when someone refreshed the wheel while I was going for the crow’s nest. He is a guildmate, and afterward, I asked him what he was looking for. He said nothing in particular, just some forge points or goods. I was so mad.

Tytan the Great

Inno has been very penurious in having doubloons show up as Incidents. Since the contest began, I have only found one doubloon. Compared to the other Events, this is abysmal. For the amount of junk on the wheel, doubloons should be freely flowing in the fields outside the city!
100%. So far I only found 1 doubloon, and won a crap loads of junk on the wheel.

Joeyjojojo

Picture1.jpg
Refreshed the wheel, and this is what it looked like when I finally got the crow's nest kit. I feel like anytime I get a gold prize quickly (first spin) it's some piece of junk I don't want, and when there's something I do want I practically need to clear the wheel to get it. The gold spot should be just as likely to come up as any other spot, but here we can see 3 cleared greens (and 2x on 2 others) and 2.5 cleared silvers before it finally hit gold.

And yes, I know it's just perception bias, and I suspect I'll have some better luck sometime (either later in the event or on other servers) but I had really been hoping to get a crow's nest in that world since it's staying in IA so I won't ever see the AD.

Edit: At least no one else managed to snag it ahead of me.

Nicholas002

Quest 39!! Are you kidding me. Iron Age worlds have to do 24-hr productions 10 times!!!! What is this garbage???
It's a daily quest. you literally have all day to do it, without losing any time.
(hint:if you are impatient, now is when you pull out all those 2 hr mass supply rushes)

RazorbackPirate

It's a daily quest. you literally have all day to do it, without losing any time.
(hint:if you are impatient, now is when you pull out all those 2 hr mass supply rushes)
Exactly. It's not like that 1 doubloon will make much of a difference. Who cares if you get them today, or tomorrow?

ffblackice

Quest 39!! Are you kidding me. Iron Age worlds have to do 24-hr productions 10 times!!!! What is this garbage???
You need to be prepared, quest lines are available on internet. In beta only need 8X 24 hours productions, looks like Inno tried to push everyone to upper era.

Nicholas002

It varies by the age you are in. Not from player to player.
I'm sure age has something to do with it, but I also am pretty sure there are other factors (perhaps some randomness?).

Reason is, on the wiki it says produce (8-24) productions, and then another quest will also say produce (8-24) production, and on the first one, I have to do 10, and on the next one I have to do 12. I have not aged up during the event.

Agent327

I'm sure age has something to do with it, but I also am pretty sure there are other factors (perhaps some randomness?).

Reason is, on the wiki it says produce (8-24) productions, and then another quest will also say produce (8-24) production, and on the first one, I have to do 10, and on the next one I have to do 12. I have not aged up during the event.

It's still age. Everyone in the same age has to do the same number.

Lankybrit

Thanks. But it's going to be hell on my Tiny Town that has no expansions. I only got it to Iron Age before the event, and it only has room for 7 Production buildings.

Nicholas002

Thanks. But it's going to be hell on my Tiny Town that has no expansions. I only got it to Iron Age before the event, and it only has room for 7 Production buildings.
Isn't a tiny town supposed to be a challenge? I thought that was the whole point of a tiny town. Obviously having no expansions makes the game more difficult, and it was 100% your choice to do so.

I don't understand why you are complaining: either get more expansions to make the quest easier, or enjoy the challenge of a tiny town.