• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

ffblackice

I still haven’t found a doubloon in a city incident.
got 3 from incidents so far. I saved all the incidents and click every morning, I used this method in the soccer event which got over 2000 drinks, but looks like isn't very effective in the summer event, I am hoping at least get 10 doubloons from incidents.

Nicholas002

Little shout out for the stop button. It won me 2 CN kits today.
A neighbor was refreshing every 20 seconds or so, while I lurked behind the other side of the wheel, waiting to pounce on that CN, should it pop up.
Sure enough, it did twice, and both times I won it on my second spin, just before the neighbor refreshed again.
If I had not used the stop button ASAP to get in 2 spins for my neighbor's 1, I would have won nothing, and yet here I am, with 2 more. only 1 to go, and about 70 doubloons to spend.
one of my neighbors must have read my post in this thread about selling doubloons ( or fools seldom differ), because he spammed the hood with an offer to pay FPs for hoodies to refresh for him. after I finish the CN, I might sell to him. he seemed willing to pay a bunch, so we'll see
literally 10 seconds after posting this, I checked the wheel, a neighbor was refreshing, and I did the same as the above, and won the last upgrade!!!!!

Last edited:

Tytan the Great

Another update: this is my luckiest event ever since I started playing from Thanksgiving last year. Got my 7th crow’s nest with 5 spins, and the 8th with ONE spin. I’m done. It’s only quest 44, so I still have the 10 doubloons milestone reward, plus the 3 daily for the remaining days. Now I’m don’t know what to aim for. Nothing really interest me. I guess I’ll go for the sentinel upgrades since I still have 3 level 1 towers. It’s unreal. However, knowing my luck, the next event is gonna be a b*tch and a half.

DSEllenwood

So if I'm understanding this all, about event #43 the quests are taken down to ONE per day, but the doubloons go up to Two?
11 days left, 11 more quests to complete. I hate math, but this looks like a pattern. :/

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    357.2 KB · Views: 9

Nicholas002

So if I'm understanding this all, about event #43 the quests are taken down to ONE per day, but the doubloons go up to Two?
11 days left, 11 more quests to complete. I hate math, but this looks like a pattern. :/
since quest 34, all the quests have been daily quests, meaning you can do one per day. (they dostack up though, and act as rush quests until you catch up to the daily quests). the daily quests were also giving one doubloon until, I think, yesterday.

Iroh the Tea Maker

Feedback 'cause there's a thread for it:

1. Find this event to be boring with not much to do other than two clicks once the currency is won. Find myself less interested in the event and more interested in GE/GbG (which is unusual compared to other events, esp. the St. Patricks event and the soccer event).
2. The random specials are pretty useless, except the obvious CN kit or for some players Shrine or WW. The rate of return here is pretty poor compared to past 4 events I have played.
3. May be doubloons are extremely valuable but the incident doubloon or ones that come with diamond offer is pretty low compared to other event currencies.
4. Event building looks good on paper, but imho is pretty ugly, especially at lower levels. I generally absolutely love Inno's building aesthetics (and have spent time just looking at how well designed they are, artistically) but this looks like an Iron age building with the red rooftile. A lords manor looks better than this. Will try my best to win this building. Will try my best to put it in a less visible corner of my city. But likely a non issue for many players.

And that's about it!! Thanks for this event.

Red Fox 1

It seems to me that the current levels by normal play are two short to bring at this time the governors mansion to level 9. The last event had similar results.
Now if there are 39 sail positions per reward that would mean 78 sail positions to get the next upgrade. And when the algorithms are modified as game play progresses the "ODDS" are hence stacked in favor of the house. It was bad enough going from ten to complete sailing but moving on it became 13 sometimes 14 uses of coin to achieve the same thing. But rolling 4 aces for sailing didn't even get me a snake eyes reward. Hehe I know the company uses the beta to test and to modify the game play to make it more difficult but the main complaint is the diamonds. The wishing wells dried up and the prices for coins has increased also. 50 bucks for 18. Let me see if my calculations hold true. That might get your sail 1.5 way to the upgrade and you would have to pay more. It is your guys business but I hope you do not loose more players as a result. I used to spend a little money, now i do not care to spend anything.

Nicholas002

Has anyone tried selling doubloons for FPs?

Theoretically, you could find out if a neighbor is targeting a specific prize, and offer to refresh the wheel for them until that prize comes up, then stop, wait for them to win the prize, and then keep refreshing. Unless the neighbor is super patient, and would otherwise wait until the prize arrived before spinning, this would save them all the doubloons that they would have wasted refreshing.

cost? this depends on how valuable the prize is for them.

A fully upgraded Crows nest, gives 12.8 FPs a day (plus other goodies including diamonds)
this is 397 FPs per month. if the neighbor would get a max CN with your doubloons, but miss it without, your help would be worth up to 397 Fps per month.

so I don't know what a reasonable price would be. maybe between 20 and 50 FPs per doubloon?
(also, INNO sells them for 110 diamonds per doubloon, so 50 FPs would be undercutting the market in a big way)

Obviously, I wouldn't consider doing this until I get a max CN myself (I am well on track to get more than enough kits)

Anyway, it's an interesting idea, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this, or would consider trying it.
OK, I guess if no one else has tried it, I'll have to be the Guinea pig, now that I've maxed the Crow's nest.

I worked out a deal with a neighbor. he will pay me 50 FPs per doubloon. We will both get on the wheel when no one else is on, and I will refresh for him.
Not a bad deal for me. I get 50 FP per doubloon, plus whatever the wheel gives me.
Not bad for him either: he will have a much higher chance to max his CN.

wolfhoundtoo

Most of the events have an element of chance to what you can achieve and some will require 'perfect' play to get the max upgrades possible. As for the odds being stacked in favor of the house...…..yes Inno designs the game to make it worthwhile for players to spend money to get the rewards/benefits that they want to get better results in their city. If they didn't how would they stay in business?

You don't actually need the max upgrades for the villa to be useful for your city and you can complete it either next year for this event or in the AD (eventually).
'

Lankybrit

Most of the events have an element of chance to what you can achieve and some will require 'perfect' play to get the max upgrades possible. As for the odds being stacked in favor of the house...…..yes Inno designs the game to make it worthwhile for players to spend money to get the rewards/benefits that they want to get better results in their city. If they didn't how would they stay in business?

You don't actually need the max upgrades for the villa to be useful for your city and you can complete it either next year for this event or in the AD (eventually).
'
Not really. Most of the events are progress along with clicking on a player/flower/something that moves you a specific distance. The randomness of the ship compass is so annoying.

Aggressor

I think I’m going to start playin’ again in Beta to help test out the events. Maybe my comments will help the game devs plan a better event, before it reaches the live worlds. Overall, I’m enjoyin’ the Summer Event in my higher-age cities, but me and me friends in the Iron Age and Early Middle Ages are not. The supplies, coins and goods requests are high for the players in the lower-ages. For a few days now I’ve been tryin’ to pay the 18,000 supplies in one of the quests.

I am an avid fan of FoE but I also still have a job to report to (thank goodness) so sometimes I can’t collect goods on time. Even if I’m 5 minutes late, a plunderer will steal what I have saved up for the quest I’m workin’ on. To me, these players who like to plunder are like bullies, pickin’ on someone much weaker than them. But that’s the nature of the beast. They will get their comeuppance sooner or later when another play much stronger than them plunders their city.

One more complaint I have about the Summer Event. It takes many players in the lower-ages 8 hrs or more to exchange 4 items in the Antiques Dealer, if we have even built it yet. We only get to unlock the research for it in the Early Middle Ages, and can only exchange one item so far every 2 hrs.

Many of you may not agree with me but having an event switch its quests to daily quests once/day helps the players in the lower ages catch up. We just may have a chance at getting all the upgrades for the Governor’s Villa.
I have two cities, a well developed LMA city and a good Iron Age fighting city (its a little more important to me than just diamonds)
In LMA i havent had a problem yet. The most time consuming quests were production quests. I also did prepare for the event by having AD items ready to collect, leaving incidents ready to collect, not collecting from my tavern and not sitting in other peoples taverns. Overall its been easy
In my Iron Age city, it has been just as easy. Sure, some quests take a little long, but so far I havent had any major setbacks. Since i have a Himeji Castle supplies arent a problem. I have a lot of barracks and no houses (Inno tower gives me population) so coins can get low. Ive only had one crisis where I had to go on an aiding and plundering spree to get enough coins to buy 5 FPs. I am about equally far along in the event in my cities and I've found it to be quite nice.
Prizes have been a lot better for my LMA city though. I increased my attack defense a decent amount in LMA plus a few other nice prizes. IA hasnt been as generous.
My one main complaint about this event is that I have gotten only 2 doubloons from incidents. One from my IA city, one from my diamond farm. That's pitiful and I wish there were more of those incidents. Thats all :)

planetofthehumans2

Other than contributions to someone's GB, I wasn't aware you could 'pay' / transfer FPs to someone. If this is the case, I need to start mugging folks! ;)
Haha maybe I should offer my neighbors some FP for refreshing the wheel to the prize I want to get and then waste my 20 dablooms and still not get it.

Joeyjojojo

I've enjoyed the summer event in the past, but not this time. I don't know if it is just really bad luck or if the event is just worse than it has been in the past (or if my memory is faulty). The main issue is that there are too many garbage prizes, particularly gold: store building is NOT a gold level prize, the lv1 gov villa is just dumb since there is no way to level it up to max (if you're paying diamonds to get lots of upgrades...you get additional lv1 villas so the one on the wheel is completely useless), since there is a "the ship" selection kit the 3 related selection kits are really just filler (I know there are other things they give, but FPs are already on the list and otherwise...meh). In the worlds where I'm looking to get crows nest, I'm spending an average of near 20 dubloons per kit...and that's with a couple lucky spins. IMO the only other thing worth getting is the sentinel outpost, and having so much filler crap, combined with the mechanic just makes actually trying to get what you want an exercise in frustration. I haven't done the figuring yet on maxing out the villa, but it's close at best and really not looking good across the board.

Edit: yes there have always been lots of garbage prizes, but there's basically 1 silver and 2 gold prizes that I am at all interested in getting and not even enough FPs to count as an ok byproduct.

Last edited: