• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26965

We will be having a live Q&A session on Facebook and Instagram with FoE's game designers. It will take place on Thursday, June 29th at 17:00 CEST (that's 11:00 AM EDT for our US players).

The attitude and manner which the game designers take towards Q&A's needs to change, fine for new releases, not fine for Q&A. Also they need to filter questions as well, get common questions answered by a Facebook Mod in text only and feed the game designers good, relevant questions to be answered thoroughly and thoughtfully, not stock/canned short replies of "soon" "we're aware and working on it", instead of them trying to read and answer at the same time.

qaccy

I'm with others who are concerned as to exactly when this shindig starts and finishes.
If Panecea could get back to us with the times stated in UTC it would be really, really nice! Of course that would be breaking with tradition but it is worth a shot ....

It's very easy to check the ending time for this, and any event in-game. The event window always has a ? button in the upper right corner (next to the X) you can click on that displays a countdown timer, to the second, to when the event is over. Much easier than having to deal with multiple timezones in an official announcement that people aren't going to read anyway and STILL ask when an event is ending or be 'caught off guard' that it ended without them knowing about it.

The game grows steadily less appealing the more we players feel we're being outright extorted for Expansions / Diamond purchases by Mafia Bosses.

This is hilarious. You know you can tear buildings down in order to build new ones, correct? You've been doing this with each new age you've researched, since you started playing the game. Why do event buildings have to come with more space? A big part of the strategy of this game, insofar as city building goes, is making decisions on what's worth having and what's not worth having. If you're complaining that you have no space for event buildings, you clearly want to have them, so take out something else from your city that isn't as good as the event buildings to make room for it...just like when you advance in age and replace your outdated stuff with new stuff. There is no 'extortion' going on here, you're just forgetting one of the big aspects of gameplay.

DeletedUser28970

It's very easy to check the ending time for this, and any event in-game. The event window always has a ? button in the upper right corner (next to the X) you can click on that displays a countdown timer, to the second, to when the event is over. Much easier than having to deal with multiple timezones in an official announcement that people aren't going to read anyway and STILL ask when an event is ending or be 'caught off guard' that it ended without them knowing about it.

Oh, okay ... then you can tell me when this starts? Down "to the second" of course. Right? This simple thing seems to be a problem for you? You seem very upset ....
:-(

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Oh, okay ... then you can tell me when this starts? Down "to the second" of course. Right? This simple thing seems to be a problem for you? You seem very upset ....
:-(

Doesn't make too much of a difference when exactly it starts, does it? Unlike knowing when the event ends, when you may have tickets you're looking to acquire and spend and don't want to just lose them, you don't really lose anything by not catching the event the instant it starts. Knowing the day is really all that's needed.

Algona

HOFs and SoKs were not available on Beta- BIG thumbs down! Will they be available multiple times on live servers?

Who are you? The owner of this name was the founder of my Guild. I believe he passed away from Cancer in 2015.

DeletedUser22283

I have been AMAZED at the number of forge points that 80+ Shrines of Knowledge could allow some of my guild mates to acquire, in order to level up their Great Buildings to wonderful effect -they are highly effective guild-mates and seem to play the game on "easymode" compared to the rest of us non-premium (non-"whale") players. It looks exciting! So, this summer I finally wanted to use the Summer Event to actually buy Diamonds, in order to buy tickets, in order to buy/gamble for Shrines of Knowledge... because last year's Summer Event 2016 allowed players to gain 4 SoK's from one Wheel of Fortune. It WAS a great way to strategically husband your resources (summer event tickets) to tactically spend them to gain up to 4 SoKs with a good degree of likelihood.

Sadly for the Summer 2017 Event, Inno has made each WoF only hold up to 1 SoK. No way! That's 1/4th the payout for the same amount of effort and money. So you'll get no $$$ from me Inno... you had a money making opportunity, and destroyed it with this year's version of Summer Event.

DeletedUser25431

This is hilarious. You know you can tear buildings down in order to build new ones, correct? You've been doing this with each new age you've researched, since you started playing the game. Why do event buildings have to come with more space? A big part of the strategy of this game, insofar as city building goes, is making decisions on what's worth having and what's not worth having. If you're complaining that you have no space for event buildings, you clearly want to have them, so take out something else from your city that isn't as good as the event buildings to make room for it...just like when you advance in age and replace your outdated stuff with new stuff. There is no 'extortion' going on here, you're just forgetting one of the big aspects of gameplay.
YOU CAN DELETE AND REBUILD???!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE OF US DID!!! You have saved me, my Gameplay and ALL THE REST OF US PLAYERS who are clearly incompetent, retarded and have no hope whatsoever of being the rocket scientist, millennial, company shill, or higher level player you are who knows the basics that the rest of us will never notice - while you also want no company at your own level given the changes since you joined. Thank God you saVed me from my FORGETFULNESS. And thank God the rest of us Players are not ordered by you and the rest of the 4th Reich to play this game by your German Rules (you were nice to the guy about the event timing though - kind'a hard to snip a sentence out of his observation and take it out of context, wasn't it). Again, Inno-boy, McDonalds is hirin'. I'm sure you won't make management, but there are "Fries served with that" in your future. YOU - ARE - HILARIOUS and familiar (perhaps your bosses should find new shills). Perhaps others whom have been trashed by ilk of your like on this forum will now return to speak. I'll bet you and yours hope they don't start. ;-D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

hey, just wondering why would an expansion never be considered for a top prize? Would it really hurt the game if it was offered once a season/year?
Expansions are always asked for, in any form, probably one of the most common frequent asked for things in the game. They get that same question every event, they give the same type answer every time.

DeletedUser28126

Expansions are always asked for, in any form, probably one of the most common frequent asked for things in the game. They get that same question every event, they give the same type answer every time.
It just does not make any sense to have all these huge sets as "prizes" Once you get 1 or 2 sets from other events, why go after another? The set pretty much offer the same thing. There is no incentive and they take up more room than some of the GBs.

DeletedUser27040

Likely a ploy to see if they can siphon another boatload of money from the whales again. Some players in the spring event dropped hundreds or even thousands of dollars to acquire as many sets as possible. This is wonderful for the rest of us as it helps to keep the game running. However, the devs appear to have interpreted that as a cash piñata that they can toss out several times a year. Why else would this event offer not one, but two building sets in one event? Especially considering that 2 of 5 pieces of one are only from the wheel, with the entire second set coming exclusively from there.

Given the size of the new sets, I cannot see many people collecting multiple like the cherry blossom set. Also reducing desired prizes and total number of tickets was a low blow. Doing either would have caused players to become upset at the nerf, but both at the same time was a bad call. I don't care how infrequently desired prizes showed up on the wheel last year, I had way more tickets to burn knowing that I would eventually find a wheel with at least 4 of what I wanted. Not so this year...

Additionally, where is the corresponding increase in Reno and 1-up kit rewards? The set buildings from this event will bump us to 18 total set buildings, along with well over a dozen special event buildings over the past couple years. However, the kits to level them are still uncommon or rare. (I acknowledge that most people will only place a fraction of all these buildings, but even a single set can be costly to upgrade...)

DeletedUser

The set buildings from this event will bump us to 18 total set buildings
Won't bump me up. On the 2 worlds where I have the other sets, I won't be going after these, and on the one world where I might go after these, I don't have the other sets.

On a separate note, this event still doesn't start for 2 days, yet this will be the 38th post of feedback on it. LOL

qaccy

YOU CAN DELETE AND REBUILD???!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE OF US DID!!! You have saved me, my Gameplay and ALL THE REST OF US PLAYERS who are clearly incompetent, retarded and have no hope whatsoever of being the rocket scientist, millennial, company shill, or higher level player you are who knows the basics that the rest of us will never notice - while you also want no company at your own level given the changes since you joined. Thank God you saVed me from my FORGETFULNESS. And thank God the rest of us Players are not ordered by you and the rest of the 4th Reich to play this game by your German Rules (you were nice to the guy about the event timing though - kind'a hard to snip a sentence out of his observation and take it out of context, wasn't it). Again, Inno-boy, McDonalds is hirin'. I'm sure you won't make management, but there are "Fries served with that" in your future. YOU - ARE - HILARIOUS and familiar (perhaps your bosses should find new shills). Perhaps others whom have been trashed by ilk of your like on this forum will now return to speak. I'll bet you and yours hope they don't start. ;-D

You sure didn't disprove my points, though, did you? Not a very good attack on your end. But congrats on the high-five from the person who also couldn't argue against the points I made. Must mean I actually know what I'm talking about, eh? Sorry the language isn't as flowery as you want it to be, but I don't really have any obligation to do that.

DeletedUser26965

Inno really getting stingy with diamond rewards all Events so far this year. I don't think there's been a single diamond reward in any event (aside from maybe if you got one as a random reward from a quest). Will this trend continue for the 2017 Fall and Winter Events as well?

Summer Event
2017 - No diamonds
2016 - 100 (from quest reward)
2015 - 250 (from quest reward)
2014 - 250 (from quest reward)
2013 - (no quest reward I could find online) (50 & 200 rewards wheel I think)