1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Vesta the Violet

Vesta the Violet Member

As long as each palace is touching all 4 different pieces, it doesn't matter if the 2x2 pices are shared. I've done a bit of chaining in my city, and it works great!

2. ardak kumerin

ardak kumerin Well-Known Member

173b207e5e9b30469197b38004b80b67.png

And I love it.
    My neighbors love the fact I don't plunder.

big harvest - Copy.png
    https://postimg.org/image/xbrbo8atx/

Before and after for Forge Points, coins, supplies, medals and Contemporary Era and Arctic Future goods.

These totals include everything during the time I was collecting my city production.
    What I earned from recurring quests is included in the totals.
    I mostly won coins and supplies for my recurring quest prizes, twice I won medals.
    I placed all my Forge Points on a single Great Building, including two 5-FP packs won from quest prizes.

Forge Points

FP before and after.png

Coins

coins before and after.png

Supplies

supplies before and after.png

Medals

medals before and after.png

Contemporary Era goods.

CE before and after.png

Arctic Future goods.

AF before and after.png

This is everything my city and quests produced.
    There are still a few buildings outside the main time cycle, but they'll synchronize after a week.
    This is what I will get every day for the most part.
    Some days less medals, but more goods instead.
    It depends on the recurring quests.
    Way over 5,000 Medals every day without fail.

download (7).jpg

And nary a plunderer in sight.

alkayman likes this.
  3. Mandelynn

Mandelynn Member

Week 5. En server didn't change which means the US won't change neighborhoods.
    My issue with that is I'm getting a black eye from a neighbor that had the time to level up two ages and beat the carp out of me now.
    I was dumping all my fp's not into the tree but GBs so haven't leveled.
    This person (I'll call him Santa), knows when I've been sleeping, he knows when I'm awake. He's had more then enough time to take notes and loves to make sure I know about it.
    He even plunders a 5 minute blacksmith for the sake of letting me know...oO(he's out there) :eek:

I'm tired of switching my collection times around and going to the 24 hour thing. He checks constantly.
    I'm disconnecting all but my GBs and taking a break until the next neighborhood change.

Just don't know what else to do at this point as this is getting monotonous.

4. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

I can guarantee that almost no one cares about your post. I know I don't; it really doesn't have much to do with the neighborhood changing other than you don't plunder. We get it, you are better than the rest of us mere mortals.

ardak kumerin likes this.
  5. ardak kumerin

I'm two eras a head of more than half my hood.
    Arctic Future to their Tomorrow era.
    There's maybe 10 other AF players, about that many Future Era players.

images (5).jpg

And the rest are two eras below me.

6. opplol

opplol Member

Compared to my far end game city, we get similar coin, goods, and medals. You get a lot more supplies because I don't run supply buildings. You crush me in attack boost by 50% and I have you beat by 70-100 fp (I'm almost at 300/day).

Your arctic goods are worth more than my of goods which is a big deal. I'm surprised those sets made your city that competitive that quickly, congrats.

7. Vesta the Violet

Vesta the Violet Member

Yea, verily I shall :eek::eek:

That's one doozy of an upgrade! And here I am all happy with my piddly two palaces and some extra towers. :D

I still have to build out more room for the elephant fountains. I'll be expanding for months just to have space for my event winnings!

8. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Why would you disconnect your GBs?

9. Vesta the Violet

Vesta the Violet Member

Well, as I specifically asked him for these screenshots and he replied to both of us in the same post, maybe your snarking is misplaced.

10. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

It's my view that people who avoid using as many 2x2 roads as possible are among the true masters of this game.

They did the same thing with the Carnival event. It started a week after the refresh, and ran for about 4 weeks. However, it took another week after the end of the event to switch hoods, so I was stuck in the same hood for 6 weeks. I hated it, largely because there was a guy at the top of the hood who'd attack nearly every day with a grenadier and 7 rogues, and his defense was far too high for me to break through. And by the end of it, the hood had a lot of people going inactive and others were leveling up, so my targets were getting fewer and fewer. I didn't care much for that hood to begin with, so it was getting frustrating.

It's not as bad this time, I started out #4 in the hood, and I'm at #3 currently. There were fewer people going inactive, I think they were hooked on the wheel regardless of my raids. They're dropping off now that the event is over though. Quite a few people have leveled to Colonial, and I've even managed to nab goods off one of them. I could use some fresh bood at this point though.

Vesta the Violet likes this.
  11. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

This is much of what I am talking about. I started with 80 people in my hood. I am now down to 72 and I'm pretty sure a few of them (or more) are going inactive. Their GBs don't get any movement and those one can plunder, never even have coins to take. At least 8 that are left don't even have any GB (CA/IA mixed neighborhood).

The mix up every two weeks usually keeps your hood full of more active people from what I've seen.

12. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Yeah, Inno should time long seasonal events that the entire neighborhood participates in to coincide better with the hood shuffles rather than having an extra week on either end of the event. Makes things better for both the attackers and the victims.

Vesta the Violet likes this.
  13. Lord Muggle

Lord Muggle Well-Known Member

Just to help clarify, hope you don't mind: all BUT her Great Buildings.

14. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Much appreciated. I couldn;t even begin to figure that logic.

Of course I can't understand disconnecting everything because one person takes one production per day ether.

But then again apparently I can;t understand simple English either!

Algona scores an Incomprehension Hat Trick!

15. Mandelynn

Mandelynn Member

LOL what the heck is that? wow

Get a drink, take a pill, chill

Vesta the Violet and Algona like this.
  16. Mandelynn

Mandelynn Member

I've been here for over a year, every day, even the week I was in the hospital. Had my laptop brought to me so haven't missed one day. It's
    not the plundering as it is his stocking. He only gets things like a house or a 5 minute blacksmith I've purposely left for him/her.
    It's constantly juggling my collection times around.
    I really need the break.
    They're now 3 levels above me and there is no way I have the energy to deal with that for 6 weeks straight.
    The reason I posted this here is it's the event that triggered the neighborhood staying put. During the event is understandable, but 5 soon to be 6 weeks?

17. Lord Muggle

Lord Muggle Well-Known Member

I salute you, great one!

18. Vesta the Violet

Vesta the Violet Member

Yeah, the tîme is pretty long for us to be stuck in the same hoods. Maybe put a 3-day shield up and just take a break? I know that doesn't help the stupidly long hood period, but maybe it'll help your sanity.

19. ardak kumerin

And since you asked nicely, I'll show you yesterday's collection.
    I didn't caption today's because I used my Mobile to collect.

Before and After for Coins, Supplies, Forge Points, Medals and Arctic Future Goods.
    I emptied my FP bar before counting and Recurring Quest rewards are included in the totals.

coins before and after.png

Supplies before and after.png

Forge Points before and after.png

Medals before and after.png

Arctic Future Goods before and after.png

I switched my military buildings for goods production buildings.
    My Alcatraz production took care of my needs in only a couple days.

added goods production.png

I'll rock and roll this configuration for awhile, then install more Great Buildings in their place.

20. Vesta the Violet

Vesta the Violet Member

You're a star. :)

That's a pretty epic return. I'd say summer event went well for you indeed!