• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser29055

I don't care if things are the best prizes ever... but don't put something crappy in a gold "Grand Prize" border, and then be surprised when people think that's a lousy prize.
I am actually glad if there is a worthless price in gold. Meaning I can get that only once and the higher the chance for another, better prize!

DeletedUser13942

I really like your post, I don't enjoy how every thread seems to turn into 20 pages of back and forth debate myself, especially feedback threads. And yes I 100% understand the irony of posting a non-feedback debate l just felt the need to point out:

Though Panacea named this topic feedback the wording of the post, and the link to it in the announcement pages specifically said 'discuss' instead of feedback. I took this to mean "We're free to talk amongst ourselves all we want but we're not even going to bother pretending that this is for feedback which will be sent up the chain anymore"

Fair enough. i guess the wording of the thread title opens the door for whatever. I'll go away now. Forums managed like this are a waste of time. Any valid point is going to be buried under the garbage anyway

DeletedUser10933

If you have seen this complaint a lot it must mean that lots of players all think the same. I cannot agree about the refresh scenario giving control, how can it? Refreshing does not take away the issue that there are not 4 of every reward on the wheel like last year. Also there are less tickets on offer this year than last year, last year there were tickets available outside the city but not this year.

I agree with you sir, I have all of 15 tickets and completed 11 quests I believe it is, hardly enough tickets

DeletedUser

So, I thought I'd try a few spins with the 4 tickets I have. Refreshed and spun, because there was nothing worthwhile on the first wheel. Got a Champion, but...there was a Reno Kit on the wheel now! 2nd spin...Shrine of Awe. :( 3rd spin...Motivation Kit.:(:( 4th and final spin...CoA BP. :mad: Oh, well.

Algona

Forgive me my irritation. But, I beleive the point of this thread is feedback. In short, that means you give your views on the event because allegedly, Inno wants to know. If you do not agree with someone's feedback, then tough sh**, shut up, move on. Attempting to negate or argue away their opinion is not the purpose of this thread. I honestly don't care if you feel the need to "White Knight" or "Perma-bash" just state your opinion and go away.
If you cannot respect other people's opinions, perhaps you should move to the middle ages and see how that turned out.
The constant argument detracts from the quality of the feedback and likely is why many beleive Inno doesn't read this stuff. If you have more than 1 post on this thread, or 2 for clarification of your first post, then YES I MEAN YOU

Disagreed. Uncritiqued feedback is worse then useless, it often is harmful.

Some folk post errors, lies, distortions, misunderstandings, and mistakes. Inexperienced players take often mistake these as truth.

Some folk make vague suggestions which INNO implements poorly. We're seeing the results of two of those in this Event. Set pieces were asked for, but we (me included!) did NOT ask that they autoupgrade. Nor did any of us think they would be taken to the extremes of being almust worthless unless fully complete and ridiculously large. We asked (me included again) that they bring tickets back to the Town Hall without asking that the number of tickets not be reduced. INNO keeps proving that they listen, and unfortunately we sometimes get exactly what we ask for.

Some folk have legitimate disagreements on whether they like some aspect. When discussed possibly a meeting of minds can be reached resulting in valuable concencus. If no agreement, at least the issues can be clarified for further discussion or so that INNO can have some basis for their decisions.

Not giving feedback and not discussing feedback is much more harmful to the game. As you should know having been b these forums as long as you have.

Fair enough. i guess the wording of the thread title opens the door for whatever. I'll go away now. Forums managed like this are a waste of time. Any valid point is going to be buried under the garbage anyway

Only if posters like you have their way. Rationale posters can and do eventually come to agreement.

DeletedUser29530

I've probably played about a dozen freemium games over the years, and there's always that one apologist fanboy. It can be clash of clans, releasing content that takes 3 years to upgrade, or $10,000 (which yeah, some people paid), and there's a fanboy saying that's fair and that's how the game is.

Some folk make vague suggestions which INNO implements poorly.

So you're saying that Inno are , hack game-designers, and that we must censor ourselves before inno does something dumb?

Algona

• No military buildings
  • I've yet to see a SoK
  • Set pieces are insanely annoying (too much space for too little reward)
  • No tickets in the bushes around the town

I'm disappointed by #1 as well. BI understand it. I used Winter 15 and 16 to advance in Era, score Hravy Barracks in both and used that to my advantage by camping at the start of the Era and having a huge advantage on neighbors. I suspect INNO decided to put a stop to that.

#2 is scary, me too. Ylisaveta in a post above described their expreeince in beta where they scored 3 SoK, so i'm hoping patience gets us there.

#3 Agreed. And yet this is a case of INNO giving us what we asked for.

#4 is a self inflicted wound also. Summer 15, the Tickets were in the Twon Hall. Summer 16 they expereimebted with hiding for tickets in the wilderness, there was some grumbling about that. This year they moved it back.

This change back means a loss of about 15 Tickets compared to last year..

So to sum up. my complaints so far:

Loss of Militayr Buildings. Loss of Tickets. Set pieces too large Set pieces near worthless unless complete. BBAOD. Far and away the worst: Reducing to 1 the top tier prize per wheel.

EDIT: Forgot loosing a Diamonds Quest. Please note, I think some of those changes are not unreasonable and prolly good for the game. That doesn't mean I have to personally like them.[/EDIT]

About the only good changes are scaling by Era the Medals 'Hood Award and reducing the Coins/Supplies Prizes.

But the Event is young, we'll see what happens over the next 3 weeks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I've probably played about a dozen freemium games over the years, and there's always that one apologist fanboy. It can be clash of clans, releasing content that takes 3 years to upgrade, or $10,000 (which yeah, some people paid), and there's a fanboy saying that's fair and that's how the game is.
Nothing in his statement even vaguely resembles an "apologist fanboy". It's simply a statement about feedback. And a very accurate statement at that.
So you're saying that Inno are shitty, hack game-designers, and that we must censor ourselves before inno does something dumb?
No, but apparently you should start censoring yourself before you make any more dumb statements like these. Kind of undercuts the value of your other opinions.

Algona

Yup, that's me: apologist fanboi. INNO never does anything wrong. It's always the player's fault. Anyone who dares question INNO is crazy, lying, malicious, or some combo.

So you're saying that Inno are shitty, hack game-designers,

Nope. Didn't say that at all. Please don't put words in my mouth.

There's pretty fair proof that INNO regularly makes silly and easily avoidable mistakes in QA but they seem to have gotten a handle on the worst of that. I hope.

The ongoing and much worse problem is that INNO is doing a piss poor job of thinking through the long term implications and effects of some of the changes they make. Arc, High Era Treasury Goods. Arc, Set piece buildings. Arc. Recurring Quests. Arc. Spamming Events. Arc. Making Events worse. Arc.

that we must censor ourselves before inno does something dumb?

What;s the wise old Chinese caution?

"Be careful what you wish for."

If you do a bit of digging in the forums or read it daily for any length of time you'll see that there is at least one person at INNO who is a bit sadistic and enjoys giving us exactly what we ask for.

Censor ourselves? No. Think things through before screaming for change? Yup.

'Cause Lord knows if INNO won't do it we need to.

Or i suppose we can go on bitching at INNO because it hurts so much when we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

DeletedUser29530

Think things through before screaming for change? Yup.

You obviously think the community, and yourself, have much more influence on this game than we do. Will Inno make any change? Nope. Will Inno make any change that makes them more money? Yup.

You sure seem to have a stick up your butt about Arc. If you want to play a bland, perfectly balanced game, with many less events and all the other boring stuff you asked for, go play Elvanaar by Inno. Same game, so much more bland. Only nice thing is it's fun, poppy fantasy art.

The ongoing and much worse problem is that INNO is doing a piss poor job of thinking through the long term implications and effects of some of the changes they make. Arc, High Era Treasury Goods. Arc, Set piece buildings. Arc. Recurring Quests. Arc. Spamming Events. Arc. Making Events worse. Arc.

If all those things were fixed, I wouldn't play this game. You perfectly described Elvenaar, which I'm still playing atm, but it's quite boring and I'm never excited about anything. I'm hoping they fix it to be more like FoE.

qaccy

You obviously think the community, and yourself, have much more influence on this game than we do. Will Inno make any change? Nope. Will Inno make any change that makes them more money? Yup.

You sure seem to have a stick up your butt about Arc. If you want to play a bland, perfectly balanced game, with many less events and all the other boring stuff you asked for, go play Elvanaar by Inno. Same game, so much more bland. Only nice thing is it's fun, poppy fantasy art.

If all those things were fixed, I wouldn't play this game. You perfectly described Elvenaar, which I'm still playing atm, but it's quite boring and I'm never excited about anything. I'm hoping they fix it to be more like FoE.

One opinion to another, I actually think Elvenar's a much more engaging city-builder than this game is. The battle system is hands-down better here though, as are the social features.

Anyway, to get back on topic, Inno does listen and respond to community feedback more often than the naysayers would like to admit...it's just that it's almost always for the beta version of the game. Once a feature leaves beta, it's true that feedback seems to by and large 'fall on deaf ears' so in light of that, I'd encourage anyone who wants to be 'heard' about something to keep tabs on what's happening with beta and post over there. Try to actually test out the feature though as well! Too much 'feedback' is nothing but people leaving emotionally-charged comments without any firsthand experience to back them up.

DeletedUser18851

From people who've actually recorded their results over the course of the event,

Lets see your "evidence". Any idiot who looks at the wheel can tell how it's shifted to be total . You don't even have to spin it once to know it's true. Ignoramuses like you are why Inno gets away with this .

DeletedUser24787

Been puzzling over this one - what is the point of the single ticket prize?
to spin again and get your hopes for something better :) or to refresh the wheel and maybe get a better random loot wheel set up

Algona

Wrong. INNO makes changes the players recommended. Will INNO only make changes that make them money? derrrr. A business making changes the customers want and that make money.?

Such a concept.

It's nice you have experience with a lot of other games. Dunno how long you've been reading these boards, but that you may think INNO doesn't take player suggestions tells me you don't pay attention or are new here.

You sure seem to have a stick up your butt about Arc

Yes, I do. I'll give you credit for picking up on that. I thought i might have been too subtle for you.
Also gotta give you more credit for working hard at being an offensive twerp, but you have a lot of room for improvement. I recommend you study the postings of the poster above me. Deathmjp does the job right.

In one post you've gone from calling me an apologist fanboi to kvetching that I have a problem with Arc and that I want INNO to fix serious problems and think about the consequences of changes.

If all those things were fixed, I wouldn't play this game.

Look! Up in the forums! Its a bird! It's a plane! NO! It's contrarian boy.

Got beat up a lot in school and still working that out, huh?

Carry on cntrarian boy and save us from the evils of apologist fanboi.

DeletedUser29530

Also gotta give you more credit for working hard at being an offensive twerp, but you have a lot of room for improvement.

Because you're such a charmer, right?

One opinion to another, I actually think Elvenar's a much more engaging city-builder than this game is.[/quote[

Out of curiosity, why do you feel it is? To me, it's just like almost every other freemium game out there. Manage a very small number of resources. Hit upgrade. Pay diamonds so you upgrade faster. The GB are boring, and limited to 20 levels. Most of them are traps for noobies. Like, it takes several thousand KP to get +5 kp a day? Plus them nerfing your resource gain as you level them up....

Also, overall, they've tightened down your ability to compete unless you pay out the butt for diamonds. FoE is $180 for all expansions across 6 years of ages. Elvvenaar is $900 for all expansions across 2 years of ages. Unless you're completely ontop of tournaments, you have to spend diamonds to finish them. Premium residential and workshops are incredibly expensive... $15 of diamonds each, at the last age. Unlike FoE.... There's no way to get ANY diamonds for free each week. Not even 1.

DeletedUser

I farm all year for this event while a bit disappointing that there is no longer 4 chances on the wheel. I have picked up 7 rogue hide outs for those that complain there in no military building 2 SOKs 2 WWs and a full set of the elephant thing while definately alot of space I am sure that I can plunder those buildings just like the zen things, no compliants so far free stuff is free stuff