• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

I need the excess land to build barracks i dont need or supply buildings or housing ..... yes that is a farm world .....one i dont necessarily need to visit everyday....and yet there's the doubloons ready to be utilized
You're playing INNO new version of FoE whilst I remain true to the original game from 2012/3.....

There is a lot of unused space there in the middle though, I'd tighten things up and make it more efficient myself. For example that big graveyard could probably get shifted up into the row above and use that row to double up on the 3x3 culturals you have. And you really don't need to be hanging on to those IA premiums. The Fan Shops aren't bad, especially for the DCs, but if the're lower than LMA, they're less efficient than the supply buildings for your age.

The event was okay, but paled in comparison to last year's Summer Event. The ships aren't bad, but they are big. It's good that a player could earn one by diligently completing the event quests. The prize kits I think came up too often on the wheel; it's great if you wanted to build multiple ships, but otherwise, it ends up being a choice of disposables. Bad prizes included normal buildings on the wheel, which can be acquired easily enough in the GE and DC, and they were very unwelcome on the silver spaces. I missed having the summer avatars.

The older summer buildings that were missing was something of a disappointment; I suppose the Bazaar, Caranvansary Tiger Dens, and Ziggurat, as well as decos like the Sphinx were poor fits for the theme (plus the Caravansary is a bit outdated) and the Bazaar is often featured in events and can be won in the DC. Last year's sets have their own dedicated DC chests, which is a good reason for them not to be here. The Oasis, Fishing Hut, and Pole House as well as the decos went well with the theme though, though I'm really stocked up on Palm Trees (which I get often enough in the DC...) and Baobabs now, yeay. I missed the Beach Bar though, that wouldn't have been out of place here along with the Witch Doctor IMO. It also would have given the prizes some much needed variety too -- the Fishing Hut and Oasis are similar, as is the Pole House and Stranded Boat. The Beach Bar and/or Witch Doctor would have provided a supply producer to the mix here which would have been good for variety. I managed to get each of the new summer buildings on my main, though I'm not sure if I'll use any of them, even the ST. Also won a ST on my WW farm.

DeletedUser31592

There is a lot of unused space there in the middle though, I'd tighten things up and make it more efficient myself. For example that big graveyard could probably get shifted up into the row above and use that row to double up on the 3x3 culturals you have. And you really don't need to be hanging on to those IA premiums. The Fan Shops aren't bad, especially for the DCs, but if the're lower than LMA, they're less efficient than the supply buildings for your age.

The event was okay, but paled in comparison to last year's Summer Event. The ships aren't bad, but they are big. It's good that a player could earn one by diligently completing the event quests. The prize kits I think came up too often on the wheel; it's great if you wanted to build multiple ships, but otherwise, it ends up being a choice of disposables. Bad prizes included normal buildings on the wheel, which can be acquired easily enough in the GE and DC, and they were very unwelcome on the silver spaces. I missed having the summer avatars.

The older summer buildings that were missing was something of a disappointment; I suppose the Bazaar, Caranvansary Tiger Dens, and Ziggurat, as well as decos like the Sphinx were poor fits for the theme (plus the Caravansary is a bit outdated) and the Bazaar is often featured in events and can be won in the DC. Last year's sets have their own dedicated DC chests, which is a good reason for them not to be here. The Oasis, Fishing Hut, and Pole House as well as the decos went well with the theme though, though I'm really stocked up on Palm Trees (which I get often enough in the DC...) and Baobabs now, yeay. I missed the Beach Bar though, that wouldn't have been out of place here along with the Witch Doctor IMO. It also would have given the prizes some much needed variety too -- the Fishing Hut and Oasis are similar, as is the Pole House and Stranded Boat. The Beach Bar and/or Witch Doctor would have provided a supply producer to the mix here which would have been good for variety. I managed to get each of the new summer buildings on my main, though I'm not sure if I'll use any of them, even the ST. Also won a ST on my WW farm.

The Caravansary is outdated, but they are finally doubling the coins like it should have been all along. I used to have 5 or 6 of those things in my city. Back in the day when it was released (pre-Arc!) medals were hard to come by. So population, goods AND medals in one building? I was a fan!! Even if they were HUGE.

DeletedUser35712

This was the dark ages still. No Arc. Only 3-4 events per YEAR. No GE. Specialty buildings were almost non-existent. People playing the game now have no idea how insanely easy it is now compared to a few years ago.
I've watched a couple of the older videos of this FoE YouTuber, and the graphics back then were also potatoes compared to now.

DeletedUser35712

The ships aren't bad, but they are big.
They're big, but they are extremely convenient for me to put in my city. Thanks to the ship and oasis, and fishing hut from the event, I was able to connect them all with just one piece of road behind the town hall.
ebvJHqJ.png

I also got 5 SoK's from this event along with the pole houses. I don't know if I sound like the Alabaster god when I say this, but I like the pole houses if they're in the same age as my city. They provide happiness, some population, and produce coins. If I had cultural buildings, I would have wasted that coin production. Also got 3 ST's (one is in the inventory). I enjoyed this event a lot (with the exception of losing ~20 doubloons chasing an SoK).

DeletedUser31592

All of my doubloons are gone. I'm mostly satisfied, but as always, luck plays such a large role. You can be very successful in one world and have an awful event in another. Of course, the neighborhood factors into that with this event.

My results, sorted by my target/goal. Only SoKs, Wishing Wells, and Sunken Treasures were counted. I have a plethora of other stuff, but I didn't care to count.

Strategy: Wishing Wells
C- 5 WW, 3 SoKs, 1 Sunken Treasure
R- 1 WW, 3 SoKs, 2 Sunken Treasures (this was my bad luck world)
X- 5 WW, 2 SoKs, 2 Sunken Treasures
Y- 4 WW, 3 SoKs, 2 STs
S*- 3 WW, 1 SoK started this world 4 days ago. Only completed 19 tasks, which isn't bad since it is very coin-intensive. Since I am giving up GE in most of my cities, I need more WIshing Well farms. I only wish I had decided to do this BEFORE the event so I could have accumulated more. But 3 isn't bad!

Strategy: SoK or Sunken Treasure- would spin for either
A- 4 SoKs, 9 STs (this was my luckiest city!)
Z- 5 SoKs, 5 STs

Strategy: Map Pieces!! Basically, I spun the wheel when it was favorable. I don't need any of the other prizes.
Q- 7 SoKs, 1 ST I didn't count WWs for this city, so I'm not sure if I won more than the map reward one. I DID spend some of my GE diamond hoard to go after a 2nd ship. It cost way more than I thought it would, so I am a bit disappointed. I had to buy 3 sets of extra doubloons. This is the only city I bought doubloons in.

Overall, 28 SoKs, 22 STs, and 18+ WW (only counted WW where it was my strategy)
Not too bad.

RazorbackPirate

Wow. Just 2 hours and 44 minutes left on the event clock and I just got a doubloon in each of my cites. With so little time remaining, I'm surprised to get them.

DeletedUser30791

Overall I'd give the Summer 2018 event a B which is a downgrade from the Summer 2017 event which I'd give an A. This year was not as enjoyable but I was quite satisfied with the loot I received. The 2017 event had much more strategy on when to spin the wheel or refresh and spin. This year was just hoard the doubloons until the end unless the item I was looking for (Sunken Treasure) showed up on the wheel. Sunken Treasure is an excellent addition. Having different level 7 ships to choose from is an excellent addition.

The changes made in beta made the event much better. I most likely would have given it an F without them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

The Caravansary is outdated, but they are finally doubling the coins like it should have been all along. I used to have 5 or 6 of those things in my city. Back in the day when it was released (pre-Arc!) medals were hard to come by. So population, goods AND medals in one building? I was a fan!! Even if they were HUGE.

Coins, yay. ;) The Caravansary's biggest problem is the Oasis/Tribal Square. They're smaller but have the same goods production making them more efficient , and the Caravansary's medal production is tiny like all other medal producers. I won one last year, but I opted for a pair of Tribal Squares instead, and I'm not keen on using a Reno n it to bring it up to speed.

DeletedUser31592

Coins, yay. ;) The Caravansary's biggest problem is the Oasis/Tribal Square. They're smaller but have the same goods production making them more efficient , and the Caravansary's medal production is tiny like all other medal producers. I won one last year, but I opted for a pair of Tribal Squares instead, and I'm not keen on using a Reno n it to bring it up to speed.
Yeah. This, of course, was pre-Tribal Square. Probably pre-Oasis, too. If the Oasis was around, it was super duper rare. And I believe I actually built them for the medals, lol. Just like my level 10 Colosseum. Those were the times... People complain about Victory Towers being useless. I would have killed for a few of those back in the day!

DeletedUser26120

The Caravansary's biggest problem is the Oasis/Tribal Square. They're smaller but have the same goods production making them more efficient
It's funny because oasis/tribal themselves are outclassed now :) By either royal cascade or athlete's quarters.

I wanted to post on beta about bazaar daily selection not offering a single useful building compared to the ones released in FoE this year but don't see them changing it except in a overhaul of the system.

I was surprised at how well you can fit ships into your city. Top hood in Z has so many, some are at 4-6, others have 10+.

Someone even went with trader's ships for the majority. Really interesting to see the different playstyles. :)

Sunken has been a godsend for completing quests, and getting goods. 32 is 480/day.

DeletedUser35770

I thought the event was great. Came out with a full ship, 6 sunken treasures, and 6 SoK. I didn’t play last years event so I can’t compare the two. I didn’t have to spend a dime to earn any of my rewards. My city is far better off because I played the event. No more blacksmiths

DeletedUser30312

It's funny because oasis/tribal themselves are outclassed now :) By either royal cascade or athlete's quarters.

True enough, but the Cascade is pretty much limited to one copy people got from the Rosa Parks event unless they popped up in one of those daily offers, and the Athlete's Quarters was only offered in two events so far. The Oasis and Tribal Square are still much easier to come by through the DC and GE respectively. The Caravansary has definitely fallen more in comparison since it usually only shows up in the Summer Event and didn't do so this year.

RazorbackPirate

@m9silent12 I don't think you can do this on a laptop. Maybe this is only a feature for mobile devices.
It's not a feature anywhere. Inno has confirmed and it has been verified with in game behavior that the stop button does nothing to influence the prize. Your prize is determined the moment you press Spin before the Stop button even activates. Yet the myth continues.

Re-read the last sentence in the post you quoted and responded to.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30791

It's not a feature anywhere. Inno has confirmed and it has been verified with in game behavior that the stop button does nothing to influence the prize. Your prize is determined the moment you press Spin, before the Stop button even activates. Yet the myth continues.

Re-read the last sentence in the post you quoted and responded to.
Hitting the stop button allows you to get to the next spin quicker. Which gives you more shots at the Sunken Treasure before some idiot refreshes the wheel.