• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser35938

I played beta, and no, there were no ship upgrades as a wheel of fortune prize. However, the map pieces that one is awarded through wheel of fortune prizes are used for a treasure hunt feature, and that feature gives ship upgrades. Base ships can only be rewarded through the pirate selection kit (and one more selection kit, I forgot if there were other ones that reward base ships), and those kits are a prize on the wheel of fortune.
Royal selection, I believe - unless they change that, too

RazorbackPirate

at first it was, but they messed with it and it's just a worthless trinket

My understanding is they nerfed the medals after screwing it up royally with the first iteration. C'mon, 140 medals per hour in EMA? When a level 9 Deal Castle give 170 in a day? Complain all you want, but no way it should have stayed the way it was. Seems to now be on par with other multi-prod event buildings like the Magnum Opus which has the same footprint.

IngeJones

The selection packs all offer a base ship as one option. With the Tholos I got too many upgrades for the base units I could get. This one is going to be completely the other away around!

DeletedUser30312

So let me see if I understand how the wheel works this year: green spaces give 1 map piece, silver 2 and gold 3? Doesn't look too bad, just got to keep an eye on what the neighbors are doing. There's 3 upgrades just from the quest line, which means I just have to pick up 3 more for a pirate ship (because who expects me to build the others? ;)).

I saw a 6 hour supply rush on one of the silver spaces, I haven't seen those before. Looks decent for a disposable.

Inno continues to annoy us with their Big Bouncy Pointers of Doom. This one looks like it won't go away until I use a spin, boo. I don't want to blow a doubloon just to get rid of that.

Boo on coin and supply packages on the wheel. What players actually need to win coins? I'm sitting on a pile of 100 million coins. My city makes at least half a million a day. What possible use could I have for winning 30,000 coins from a green space prize? I daresay that anyone spending money one game likely has even less use for coins.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJDuke

So I guess the 2 doubloons per quest rewards was just to quell the uprising on the beta server?

DeletedUser30312

I just read the prize list over on Wikia and boy did the prizes take a nose dive this year!

I already griped about the coins and packages. More complaints!

Normal buildings from my age. Junk, junk, JUNK! This is where people say, "But Orius, this is helpful for people who just leveled up." Well, I just leveled up to PE on Tuesday, and they're STILL junk to me. Normal residential buildings - ha, ha, ha, no. I have a Habitat (yes, I know I should have built the Inno) and Oasis-type buildings and I still have over 5,000 extra population. Granted, I still need to build the barracks for Conscripts and Snipers, but that requires less than half of my excess. Supply buildings HELL NO. That's either a Garage that needs to park itself on a 2 lane road, a Lamp Factory with its awkward-ass 3x6 footprint, or the ridiculously large Cattle Ranch that's bigger than most GBs. PE has the worst supply buildings I've seen in the game so far, which is why I haven't bothered to build them. Culture buildings? I have a PE culture building alright -- it's called Alcatraz! :D Then throw in the Hagia, FoD, a Tiger Den, various set pieces and unique event buildings and I think I was at 17,000 extra happiness at last count. Decorations? Do I really need to get into just how much decos suck again? And to top it off, I'll probably win plenty of this junk in the GE anyway, so that makes them even less appealing, if that were possible.

Where's all the buildings from the previous Summer Events? Okay, so I won't miss the crappy Straw Hut or the Witch Doctor with its wonky motivation bonus, but I was hoping to win some Beach Bars to make up for PEs crappy supply options. There's no Bazaar, or the set pieces from last year's Summer Event, but those are available in the DC, so that's not a serious loss, and I get tons of Palm Trees anyway. OTOH, the Oasis, Fishing Hut, and Tiger Den are on the list, but they're DC prizes now too (although the Oasis and Tiger's Den aren't bad buildings).

Edit: Palm Trees are on the wheel, saw one on my main. We kind of don't need them given how often they pop out of the Summer Chest on the DC, but they do kind of fit the theme.

And where are the avatars? Their removal means more junk green spaces clogging up the wheel now (which is probably how Inno likes it), and they were the only event avatars besides Frosty that ever made a return for the benefit of new players.

This time it's a cartoon SABRE of some kind 16th - 18th century type ?

I believe that's a cutlass actually. That's as classic pirate at parrots, pirate talk, rum, and the Jolly Roger.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35264

Is there a time limit on the ship upgrade? Meaning only one upgrade per 24 hours! I have 3 ship upgrades but it will not let me upgrade past level 2.

DeletedUser35712

Is there a time limit on the ship upgrade? Meaning only one upgrade per 24 hours! I have 3 ship upgrades but it will not let me upgrade past level 2.
That is bizarre, contact support. I don't think that is a feature.

DeletedUser29623

I believe the upgrade temporarily removes the ship from your city, and you need to have enough population to lose however much the ship gives, if only for a second.

DeletedUser35475

I have a feeling I am going to have a lot of Tiki's to go with my Face of the Ancients and Gate of the Sun Gods!

DeletedUser26916

I don't know if i'm blind or missing something, but i'm very confused. Where is the Ship itself? I got my first upgrade kit for ship from wheel, but checked my inventory and don't see a ship...

RazorbackPirate

You can't upgrade because you don't have enough spare population. When you upgrade the ship, it is temporarily removed from your city, the upgrade is applied and it's dropped back in. Like any other residential building, if you don't have enough pop to support everything else, you can't delete it.

RazorbackPirate

I don't know if i'm blind or missing something, but i'm very confused. Where is the Ship itself? I got my first upgrade kit for ship from wheel, but checked my inventory and don't see a ship...

Unless you win one from the wheel sooner, you'll get a base ship after completing Quest 4. Seriously, people. Don't you even look at what's right in front of you? It's like spoon feeding infants sometimes.

Summer.png