• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser6892

Yes, any one of those gives you THE base ship. The differences between those packages are the other prizes you can choose if you don't choose the ship.

The sixth upgrade to THE ship is the ability to make it one of the three distinct types. Until that last upgrade, the ship is just The Ship.

Thank you! That's the clarification I needed:)

Salsuero

if they are just another base ship why then are there 3 different types : trader, royal and Pirate?

Because events are themed and they wanted to provide a variety of different options to players. The creative choice was to offer several different kits where you could pick a prize and just label them based on the theme of the event. The name of the kits matters not. It's just a way to differentiate between different prize pools. Think of them like opening up a pack of baseball cards where you're always guaranteed a choice of 4 players, but one of them is always the same player (the level 1 ship). The other three are different, depending on the pack you get, and you can only keep one from any pack you open.

OldTyme72

Just curious if they have premium (diamond) buildings on the wheel. It's been a few days & I haven't seen them once. (VF)

DeletedUser30312

Unbelievable.

The wheel on my main city had not one, but two coin packages filling up green spaces earlier, one worth 30k the other 60k. I refreshed the wheel in disgust only for the fresh wheel to put both spaces on the wheel AGAIN where I promptly landed on the 30k space, which has only 1 map piece instead of the 2 on the 60k. Yuck. And the Victory Tower I see has been trotted out as silver space filler.

Is Inno trying to discourage players from spinning at all? Okay, I know there needs to be filler prizes to balance things out, but seriously. I already state that I rake in more coins a day with normal city productions, and there's almost nothing to spend it on. I'm cheap with buying FP, and I don't make goods. Plus there's Incidents, aiding my guild and friend list, and GE and DC rewards (though I usually reject the DC coin chests). When I can win extra coins on par with these packages on a near-daily basis, these "rewards" are not appreciated. This isn't 2013 anymore. A once a year event should have prizes that feel special; coins, supplies, and maybe even medals don't these days. Of course the changes introduced last year with 4 common, 2 silver and 1 gold feel even worse this year, especially since the avatar spaces aren't around any more. Now the trash ratio has gone up more.

Luckily, there's nothing I feel a burning need to acquire on the wheel, I have extra SoKs and Rogue Hideouts still in my inventory, I don't do heavy GvG so I don't need several age-locked Champion Retreats, I do fine with the one I keep leveling up, I don't do WWs in my main, and I have a pair of HoFs, which is enough for me. The popular event buildings have become easier to acquire with the DCs, and they usually appear in the big events because Inno knows they make money. If they need wheel filler, there's 5 years worth of summer-related stuff they can trot out, only 5 summer buildings and last year's sets are available in the DC. Boosts, unattached units, FPs, and BPs are fine for filler (though not BPs on the gold) too.

It will be sooner than that. You are in fall event territory by then. Fall is September. Halloween October.

(aka too many freaking events nowadays!)

Agreed, I expect Genghis Khan to drop first week of September at this rate, with the Fall Event closely afterwards. There's three more Historical Events afterwards, William Shakespeare, Marie Curie, and a Chinese woman I'm unfamiliar with. I suspect we'll have one in early October and the other two back-to-back in November. Late October is Halloween and Winter Event through most of December until January 4-5 is how FoE has long done things.

Yeah, this year has been loaded with events. Inno should seriously cut the historicals back to a maximum of 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

Yeah, this year has been loaded with events. Inno should seriously cut the historicals back to a maximum of 6.

Um, NO. You might not appreciate more opportunities to win diamond, but many of us do. If you find the events too overwhelming then just don’t participate

DeletedUser30312

I don't mind the diamonds, but it has been almost non stop, back-to-back events since the beginning of the 2017 Winter Event last December. That's a very busy pace, and likely Inno uses the events to make money, but too many also runs a risk of player burnout.

Agent327

I don't mind the diamonds, but it has been almost non stop, back-to-back events since the beginning of the 2017 Winter Event last December. That's a very busy pace, and likely Inno uses the events to make money, but too many also runs a risk of player burnout.

To avoid player burnout they have given you the option not to participate.

Jools1956

OMG people, quit whining. It would be nice to see more of a constructive forum. A forum with more suggestions and tips rather than a place for incessant whining. But since free speech is still the rule here's a few pet peeves and MY "whines":

1. Yes, there are a lot of events. So, don't play them, play what you want and what works with your strategy. I don't think anyone plays them all. At least Inno takes the time and develops a lot of different events so there IS an opportunity to do something other than the same thing every day.
2. Yes, the game is advertised for "free". So are all of these online games. But to go further and "win" in any game it takes money - none of them are "free".
3. Be glad that some people buy diamonds, if they didn't you wouldn't be able to play at all - Inno is not a charity, it's a business.
4. Every prize is not going to be one that YOU like, buy maybe someone else will. If there's nothing you like anywhere, again, don't play.

It's like real life - you don't get everything YOU want, all the time.

DawnLight the Just

The Genghis Khan Event is a Historical Questline similar to the Sacajawea Historical Questline that ran just prior to the Soccer Event. The Genghis Khan Historical Questline ran on the Beta server between the Soccer and Summer Events. It has yet to run on the Live servers.

The dates for Genghis Khan have not been announced, but with the Summer Event running through August 23rd., I would expect the Genghis Khan Historical Questline to kick off the second or third week of September.
I don't do beta, and I recall already doing a Ghengis Khan event.

DeletedUser34800

OMG people, quit whining. It would be nice to see more of a constructive forum. A forum with more suggestions and tips rather than a place for incessant whining. But since free speech is still the rule here's a few pet peeves and MY "whines":

1. Yes, there are a lot of events. So, don't play them, play what you want and what works with your strategy. I don't think anyone plays them all. At least Inno takes the time and develops a lot of different events so there IS an opportunity to do something other than the same thing every day.
2. Yes, the game is advertised for "free". So are all of these online games. But to go further and "win" in any game it takes money - none of them are "free".
3. Be glad that some people buy diamonds, if they didn't you wouldn't be able to play at all - Inno is not a charity, it's a business.
4. Every prize is not going to be one that YOU like, buy maybe someone else will. If there's nothing you like anywhere, again, don't play.

It's like real life - you don't get everything YOU want, all the time.

I play all the events, and I enjoy them all. I started playing right before the Winter Event last year, and have participated in every event Inno has come out with since.

I think they're great. Not only are they different things to do besides the repetitive stuff (weekly GE, daily aid, etc), but the buildings are both great looking and really powerful, especially for a new player. Also, the Historical Events are incredibly easy, and still have powerful buildings. Magnum Opus? Obelisk (basically an SoK)? Great.

Most people didn't like the Winter Set. Too many pieces they said. I love it. I got the optimal 'layout', which gave me 7 FPs a day, back when I only made 24 from hourly, as well as getting some SoKs. Pillar of Heroes, Grand Bridge, Cherry Blossom sets lvl 2, all increased my daily FPs.

Thanks to these events, and leveling my GBs, I am now making around 150 FPs a day. Great for someone playing less than a year.

Others may not like these events, but I do. I will take all the free, powerful buildings Inno wants to give me, as well as paying for what I feel like to give me more buildings/items to help me along.

RazorbackPirate

I don't do beta, and I recall already doing a Ghengis Khan event.
Do you have this building in your city? What does it do?

latest

DeletedUser28907

We hope you enjoy spinning the wheel and winning the prizes! You have until 23rd of August to do so.
If you'd like to discuss the event, please place your comments and feedback here in this thread.

An additional piece of advice: keep an eye on our Instagram handle where we will run a contest giving you a chance to win some additional Doubloons!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires and... enjoy the summer! :)

Sincerely,
The Forge of Empires Team

Sorry but your event UPGRADES do not even work on the level 1 ship that goes with the event. I have the level 1 ship built and have acquired the first upgrade but after clicking on the upgrade and trying to apply it to the ship nothing happens. Its like the upgrade does not recognize the ship. Did you not test this before releasing it ?

DeletedUser28907

anyone know, how we can get ship upgrade?
all I can see is only from milestone reward and grand prize..
is there any other option?
Thank you

They do not work anyway. I have the level one ship and the first upgrade and it does nothing when trying to apply it.

DeletedUser34800

@toolmanfixit You need to have the available population to upgrade it.

The ship needs more and more people for each level. If you don't have the population, it won't upgrade.

I have 3 ships all upgraded. It works just fine.

Agent327

@toolmanfixit You need to have the available population to upgrade it.

The ship needs more and more people for each level. If you don't have the population, it won't upgrade.

I have 3 ships all upgraded. It works just fine.

It doesn't need population. It gives population, which means it can not be deleted for the next version if your population drops below 0.

DeletedUser27857

Can someone explain to me why the 3 special multi reward prizes on the wheel, Royal, Pirate and Trader only give you a new Basic Ship, rather than an Upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade?

DeletedUser30900

Can someone explain to me why the 3 special multi reward prizes on the wheel, Royal, Pirate and Trader only give you a new Basic Ship, rather than an Upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade?
Because,the 3 special multi reward prizes on the wheel, Royal, Pirate and Trader only give you a new Basic Ship, rather than an Upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade