• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 feedback

DeletedUser25252

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook!.

DeletedUser29646

is it too late to change the Grand prize to a ship instead of a big wishing well that only gives half the diamonds worth?

Kesto11

is it too late to change the Grand prize to a ship instead of a big wishing well that only gives half the diamonds worth?

It gives 12.8 FP and 20 goods per day on average. Coins, medals, and population too for those that need them. That beats the vast majority of buildings for FP efficiency if I am not mistaken, plus provides goods and the occasional diamond loot. That's a very nice haul. Plus it does not eat a motivation/polish. Very well done on that building after improving it from the initial release on Beta.

The Pirate Guard post on the other hand, could use the removal of polishing capabilities. Love the size but I really don't want to see 2 aids per day being wasted on polishing these things.

DeletedUser4441

SOK, 2x2 1 FP a day 4 tiles
Crows Nest 5x5 8 FP a day 25 tiles (same as 8 SoK no Mopo) If you hit one of the bigger prizes its just bank. It will become the prime target for BG charges, imagine hitting 8 fp+ 12FP then doubled...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29646

I mean, it does give other stuff besides the chance at these random prizes...

By other stuff u mean same stuff a wishing well would give, though i understand the fp it gives is good and all if u do get it but still dissapointing. I understand it gives population but with all the previous event buildings giving population i dont think population much to be excited about though newer players it be good.
If it could be motivated so gives 2x the gold like other event buildings that would be nice like my 900k gold ship :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesto11

SOK, 2x2 1 FP a day 4 tiles
Crows Nest 5x5 8 FP a day 25 tiles (same as 8 SoK only needs 1 Mopo) If you hit one of the bigger prizes its just bank. It will become the prime target for BG charges, imagine hitting 8 fp+ 12FP then doubled...

Exactly. 6 SoKs would take up more space due to roads, produce less FP, and require 6 motivations. This building is definitely BG meat with the 8 FP base, before even considering the 80% chance of 12 FP or 50 goods.

DeletedUser29646

Level 8 Crow's Nest does not give the same stuff, nor the same amounts or %'s as a wishing well.
ideally u comparing it to more then 1 wishing well based on its size, so chance to give 50 goods, thats 2.5 wishing wells worth of goods, and chance to give medals thats something only new players may care about. so having 4 wishing wells with 1% chance at diamonds still equals 4% chance at 50 diamonds.

Kesto11

By other stuff u mean same stuff a wishing well would give, though i understand the fp it gives is good and all if u do get it but still dissapointing.
If it could be motivated so gives 2x the gold like other event buildings that would be nice like my 900k gold ship :(

The building is very good without the addition of diamonds. That's just the cherry on top. WW/FoY are far worse with their other rewards, and the diamond/square ratio is pretty close anyway. So what we are getting is an incredibly efficient 5x5 building that doubles as a big WW.

Crow's Nest: 25 diamonds x 5%= 1.25 diamonds/day. 1.25/25 squares= 0.05 diamonds/square per day
WW/FoY: 50 diamonds x 1%= 0.5 diamonds/day. 0.5/9 squares= 0.056 diamonds/square per day.

The Crow's Nest has a very slight disadvantage in diamonds/square (without factoring necessary roads). Some believe the diamond probability is as high as 1.25% on WWs, which would yield a .0694 diamonds/square per day ratio (without roads). That small difference may be wiped out entirely if necessary roads are factored in, but that's a bit beyond me.

ideally u comparing it to more then 1 wishing well based on its size, so chance to give 50 goods, that's 2.5 wishing wells worth of goods, and chance to give medals thats something only new players may care about.
Wishing well doesn't give population. Wishing wells have a higher chance to give gold, supplies, and medals than the other good stuff combined. Crows' Nest doesn't even have gold or supplies on the random loot table, that alone gives you a significantly higher chance of getting a good item vs WWs. You have a 40% chance of getting 12 fp with CN vs 10% per well. 40% chance of 1 type of good vs less than 10% per well. The diamond part is the only part I feel was better before they changed the CN loot but the 8 fp you get every day (again 8 fp that's not part of the random loot, every day) makes up for it imo.

Watching people complain about the Crows' Nest while comparing it to the WW reminds me of the people that complained about 1/3lb burger from Wendy's because they thought it was smaller than the 1/4lb burger from McDs.

Super Catanian

I understand it gives population but with all the previous event buildings giving population i dont think population much to be excited about though newer players it be good.
Well, it means that I don't need a lot of two-lane roads nor other Residential Buildings that consume my precious Supplies.