• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 feedback

DeletedUser29623

is it too late to change the Grand prize to a ship instead of a big wishing well that only gives half the diamonds worth?

It’s news to me that wishing wells give 8 fps per day, everyday. I guess mine must all be broken!

BruteForceAttack

SOK, 2x2 1 FP a day 4 tiles
Crows Nest 5x5 8 FP a day 25 tiles (same as 8 SoK only needs 1 Mopo) If you hit one of the bigger prizes its just bank. It will become the prime target for BG charges, imagine hitting 8 fp+ 12FP then doubled...

BTW CN doesnt need mopo and cannot be plundered either.

UBERhelp1

I started what became my main on August 28th, so I never had the chance to get a Ship, other than buying it with diamonds (which I didn't do), so this event will be awesome for me.

Pirate ship, here I come. If things go well, I also want a trader ship on my TT.

DeletedUser40495

First of all: kudos to Inno for the Crows Nest. It is super unique and seriously changes up the typical event buildings we see (you know, they are all super similar, just each new one is usually more FP efficient than the last - not complaining about that though :))

But yes I think the Crows Nest is good for the game (it mixes things up a little). But how good is it really? I did the math below using the information from the wiki to determine the average daily production of the Crows Nest at max level (and efficiency per tile).

Collection options:
  1. Coins (based on age) Everyday
  2. Medals (based on age) 15%
  3. Goods (50) 40%
  4. FP (12) 40% + 8 everyday
  5. Diamonds (25) 5%

Production per day:

• Coins: Depends on age (I didn’t do the math for all ages)
  • Medals: Depends on age (I didn’t do the math for all ages)
  • Goods: 20
  • FP: 12.8
  • Diamonds: 1.25

Per tile efficiency:

The building size is 5 by 5 (25 total tiles)
  • Coins per tile: Depends on age
  • Medals per tile: Depends on age
  • Goods per tile: 0.8
  • FP per tile: 0.512
  • Diamonds per tile: 0.05
So overall really good. If you are simply looking for diamonds I would recommend wishing wells instead (they provide 0.05555555... diamonds per tile and the Crows Nest is only at 0.05). Not much difference, but if you want the best possible efficiency in your diamond farm worlds, Wishing Wells are still better (barely). They also become much more efficient when they are shrunk with the shrink kit, so especially in that case, wws are still the kings of diamond production.

In terms of everything else this building is incredible (the diamonds are just icing on the cake). The FP production is top notch.
Here is the list of the top 4 most efficient (non great building) FP producing buildings as of today (not including required road connections). If I missed any let me know. (All buildings listed are at max level)
  1. Shinto Temple (1 FP per tile)
  2. Yggdrasil (0.8 FP per tile)
  3. Crows Nest (0.512 FP per tile)
  4. (Tie) Altar of Athena and Greater Runestone (0.5 FP per tile)
So it’s the most efficient FP producing building ever offered in an event (and 3rd all time). It gives other resources, not to mention population. It also does not require a motivation. My humble opinion: It’s the best event building of all time. It is definitely more than an “oversized wishing well” (although it has the same random effect)

So overall I am very excited for this event. Great grand prize and The Ship is being offered again. Should be really fun for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jern2017

The Crow's Nest seems like a powerful FP producer. I'm also excited about the Ship upgrades and will certainly try to obtain second Pirate Ship, so that's something I'll be saving the event currency for.

The Guard Posts don't seem that great, so I'll skip those.

Kesto11

First of all: kudos to Inno for the Crows Nest. It is super unique and seriously changes up the typical event buildings we see (you know, they are all super similar, just each new one is usually more FP efficient than the last - not complaining about that though :))

I like the Crow's Nest a little more every day. Having one on Beta has been a very nice addition.

Quick correction on your numbers for goods on the Crow's Nest (only to better promote the efficiency of it). Crow's Nest has a 40% chance of 50 goods (you had 40 goods listed), so daily average is 20 with 0.8 goods/tile.

On a more nitpicking note, considering additional WWs/FoY road connections, the diamond/tile ratio of the Crow's Nest is probably closer to equivalent to WWs/FoY when roads are considered. That of course is more complicated to calculate since roads can be arranged in many variations, but I would lean in favor of it being equivalent numerically when this is considered. :)

DeletedUser40061

This will be my first time playing. I hope one of the prizes is a WW?..fingers crossed.

DeletedUser40495

Thanks for the numbers correction @Kesto11, I fixed that ;)

As for the road connections I chose to leave that out of the equation, as it would make direct comparison harder especially in practical situations (It’s impossible to only have only one road connection for every building), but yes you are correct in the fact that adding road connections changes it a bit. I have done the comparison between Wishing Wells and the Crows Nest with 1 road connection each below:

Wishing Well (plus one road connection):

Tiles: 10
Diamonds per day: 0.5
Average per tile: 0.05

Crows Nest (plus one road connection):

Tiles: 26
Diamonds per day: 1.25
Average per tile: 0.048076923...

So Wishing Wells are still slightly better, but obviously the road connections make it a closer call.

Kesto11

Thanks for the numbers correction @Kesto11, I fixed that ;)

As for the road connections I chose to leave that out of the equation, as it would make direct comparison harder especially in practical situations (It’s impossible to only have only one road connection for every building), but yes you are correct in the fact that adding road connections changes it a bit.

Glad I could help! Yes, roads are messy business with calculations. I like to think of it as we need 2.5 WWs to get the same rate of 1.25 diamonds/day from Crow's Nest. Best case scenario then is 1 road for CN, 2.5 for WWs. A more standard scenario is 5 roads for CN and 7.5 for WWs. If that is the case, they are exactly the same.

Standard Roads:
CN with 5 roads: 1.25 diamonds/30 tiles = .04167 per tile
2.5 WWs (22.5 tiles) with 7.5 roads: 1.25 diamonds/30 tiles. .04167 per tile

So after all that math, it is mathematically dead even based on how most players would likely place roads to accommodate several WWs compared to a single or multiple Crow's Nests. However, there is an ever-so-slight advantage for Crow's Nest if less than 5 roads are used, and an even slightly higher advantage for WWs that require only one road connection.

My final conclusion would be to say it's a draw. The only way either one of them has an advantage in diamond production/tile over the other comes down to how a player chooses to use road layouts.

DeletedUser33179

... My final conclusion would be to say it's a draw. The only way either one of them has an advantage in diamond production/tile over the other comes down to how a player chooses to use road layouts.

Or, you shrink the WW. WW shrink kits are as easy to get as WWs in events, so little WWs really should be considered. Now that smaller WW has a distinct advantage over CN for diamonds/tile

DeletedUser33179

Glad the CN can't be plundered. Considering it can't be motivated, no way I would've had it in my main city otherwise. In general, I dont care if I get plundered (just part of the game). But, IMO CN gives too big a haul to see a plunderer get it... although, I admit I would've enjoyed reading here from the plunderers going after it.

UBERhelp1

Glad the CN can't be plundered. Considering it can't be motivated, no way I would've had it in my main city otherwise. In general, I dont care if I get plundered (just part of the game). But, IMO CN gives too big a haul to see a plunderer get it... although, I admit I would've enjoyed reading here from the plunderers going after it.
Imagine a plunderer getting your diamonds though....