1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Summer Event 2019 feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Menace, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Crollito

Crollito Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Qunrir
    If you're in a more advanced age I think doubloon incidents are rare simply because it's almost impossible to spot incidents within such a large city. I find around double the incidents on my off worlds that have much smaller cities compared to my main. I wish they'd do something to make city incidents more visible...some are literally hidden behind buildings.

Algona and UBERhelp1 like this.
  2. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

So do I. The new stuff isn't all that interesting, though topping last year's ships is going to be tough. And a choice from a trio of decos on a gold space is a big letdown. The really good stuff are last year's prizes like ship upgrades and Sunken Treasures, and those are potentially available in the Dealer now. The rest of the wheel prizes are rather poor. And the compass one gets from spinning the wheel isn't as good as the map pieces from last year, because the map pieces as least gave more incentive to spin even when the prizes were poor.

DevaCat likes this.
  3. AyeMatey

AyeMatey Member

Then you won't see the artistry of the Crow's Nest. Part of it'll be hidden by the Pirate Ship.

4. AyeMatey

AyeMatey Member

This is the first time I found 10 diamonds in a Treasure Chest. Don’t have the space to build military buildings? Then go on a Guild Expedition.

GE Diamonds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2019
  5. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Active Member

So I finally found a doubloon in my main but I still feel like they're to rare.

6. 22prentwil

22prentwil Active Member

At max level it gives an average of 12.8 FP per day, and it’s only a 5 by 5 building. It’s the 3rd most efficient FP producing building in the game (not counting great buildings).

Just curious - how is that not attractive or the least bit of value to you?

The ship is being offered again, so if you want it again you can get it again. I personally have already obtained a Royal Ship from scratch (I spent 42 doubloons to do so). This means that I should be able to get a second Royal Ship without spending a single diamond. To be honest I think the ships are easier to get this year (if you are patient and watch the wheel waiting for them to show up - refreshing the wheel to get to them yourself is a waste of doubloons).

But other than that this event is a bit dull (almost identical to last year and the new buildings besides the Crows Nest suck).

Lauramiller likes this.
  7. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

s
    same here, it also happened today for me

8. samuelvimes

samuelvimes Member

Make the wheel consistent. That would bring some level of skill into it. As it is, you can push the stop button and how much more it turns varies widely. The way it is, the only thing the stop button does is gives the players the illusion that they have some control

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  9. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

Along time ago, A REALLY long time ago, you were able to stop the wheel 2 prizes before te one you wanted to land on the one you wanted.that was back in like elephant/palace set times..

10. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

That was also an illusion. You have never had control of where it stops. As soon as you push "Spin", the end point is determined, and it's always been that way.

11. Lauramiller

Lauramiller Well-Known Member

What I like about this event is the fact that the wheel can change at any time, including at the player’s demand if they want to pay a doubloon. It’s a lot more engaging than waiting for days unti, the daily special becomes something desirable, and I find myself logging in more often.

12. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

The trick is to wait until someone else refreshes the wheel for you and it has the prize you want on it.

Sir Brandon Starr likes this.
  13. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right!!. That must have been in 2011!!!

14. Orius Maximus

I refreshed it earlier because there was nothing I wanted on it, just a Selection kit and a bunch of trash. The gold space turns up a SoK which I didn't really need (see here). I spent 6 or 7 doubloons to win it anyway because I didn't like the idea of a neighbor getting a SoK from my refresh.

15. Agent327

You do know that with another refresh it would be gone?:rolleyes:

Sir Brandon Starr and 22prentwil like this.
  16. Orius Maximus

If I'd refreshed the wheel again, there'd be a risk of another good prize coming up for the hood and one less doubloon for me to try to earn it with. Plus who knows what I'd get with a blind refresh? Assuming that's what you're talking about. It suited my purpose better to clean out the good prize on the wheel leaving the junk behind so another neighbor could spend their doubloons refreshing the wheel.

17. wakener

wakener Member

As opposed to spending 6 or 7 doubloons on a prize you didn't want with the exact same chances that the next gold prize would have been one that you did . . .

18. Agent327

It's called logic ;)

19. Orius Maximus

That would matter if I cared about the doubloon cost. Honestly, I'm not all that invested in this event, so messing with the rest of the hood entertains me.

20. Agent327

If you did not care you would not have this urge to tell about it.

22prentwil likes this.