Summer Event 2019 feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Menace, Jul 30, 2019.

1. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Just a heads up Pony..all caps are considered insulting on this forum...I can understand your frustration but there is no reason to yell...I'm sure you understand, so thanks.

2. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

I was talking about me.

3. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Nah, he's looking for new levels for the 2017 buildings from the sound of it, so basically a Level 2 Maharaja's Palace. Seems Inno is fine keeping them they way they are.

Super Catanian likes this.
  4. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't gotten a hit on one in way too long. Anyways, I've retracted my previous post.

5. WiseNoblekhan

WiseNoblekhan Member

Out of my 7 cities I only managed to build one Royal Ship while playing the event. It’s hard sometimes to get the six upgrades. In one city I only managed to get only one ship upgrade. The random generator can really work against you. Though I am close in some of my cities with 5 upgrades.

6. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari FOE Team Co-Community Manager

Don't feel lonely, I got a full ships worth in 2 cities so far, and bupkiss in 2 others. I guess I used all my luck on the 2. Nice thing is the upgrades on AD now, so you can still get them along the way.

7. lemur

lemur Well-Known Member

I just noticed that the highest level of the grand prize lighthouse has a red blob hanging off the side. It looks like a swollen tumor. What is that supposed to be?

crow2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  8. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

It very clearly looks like a half round room of windows. Seems a nice lookout spot.

AceGoober likes this.
  9. lemur

lemur Well-Known Member

But there are multiple windows on the lighthouse itself that offer a vantage point that is higher, more protected, and more structurally stable.

I looked on-line and didn't find any pictures that resemble this InnoGames artwork. The original "crow's nest" was a structure on the mast of a ship.

crow4.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  10. freshmeboy

It's actually what we call a bartizan in the trades. Usually cantilevered from the main building and with a roof of its own attached to the side. Expensive to engineer and build but they can be an awesome addition. You see fantastical ones in the Harry Potter movies, some that defy gravity. Would have been better to place it in the front but maybe INNO thought the profile looked better...

11. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

Bartizan is the word and factoid of the day in my world. Thanks for the info.

12. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Looks like they're operating some kind of crane from it.

13. bonimir

bonimir New Member

Who won the 45 Dobloons from youtube?

Regards

14. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

It does. Maybe that's to get all the supplies up without going up all the stairs

Nice trick but only works on mobile due to desktop using hover

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  15. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

A fine Event. 3/3 on lvl 8 Crow's Nest Fell1 upgrade short of a full Ship in my startup but did scorre a couple SoKs there. Added ships in my 2 established cities. Lots of AD fodder, Questline was not difficul, prizes were fine, another good Summer Event.

Thanks, INNO.

16. qaccy

qaccy Well-Known Member

Went in to get an additional 2 Crow's Nests (total of 3) and added 4 more ships to my city as well. Along with the move up to SAM I've lost enthusiasm in my city for the first time in about 5 years. I have to find about 50k more happiness from somewhere that preferably isn't decorations or culture buildings...no regrets though, I much prefer large buildings to small ones and both big-ticket items here fit that bill very well.

17. Sir Brandon Starr

Sir Brandon Starr Active Member

Got a Lv8 CN on my main as well as one of my diamond farms. I missed the first week of the event so missed out on 7 doubloons but was able to get lv8 each time with about 5 doubloons left (my incident luck was pretty decent). I also got a pirate ship on my main along with some other nice gold prizes and a good amount of WW/WW shrink kits on my other cities. Pretty nice event...though I still miss the days when you could get 4 wishing wells on the same wheel HAHA

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  18. freshmeboy

I ended up buying diamonds for the free dubs in my youngest city. There was no way I could make the last upgrade without help. I saw how others were averaging one trip on the ship every ten compass turns and I was nowhere near that average. I had one trip with 12 single moves by the compass. It just looked absymal. The good news is my main got a fully maxxed Nest with one dub to spare. Overall, a great event and diamonds or no diamonds, it's magical watching that one building net me 20 fps ...

Algona likes this.
  19. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Nice event that I realy enjoyed.
    I was a bit sad when I saw that the last day was also when the last quest was offered, not counting the extra 4 hours of the next day. Some other events had an extra day after the last quest, which might make it a bit easier in case something happens unexpectedly in the last day. Still got that maxed out Crow's Nest.

20. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I deeply appreciate this offer:

You still have chances to join our Instagram giveaway! Follow us now and find out how you can win 45 Doubloons!

Popped up this AM in all 3 cities. Although it's dated 8/7.