• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 feedback

DeletedUser40495

My bad @Lowmeadow, should have been more specific. Sorry I couldn’t give you the link right away, I haven’t been able to log in all day.

DeletedUser40061

there are some high points and low points in this event. the low point is one quest only give 1 doubloon for spending 32 fps...people know me by my nickname, oswyn the skint. the high point is, some of the prizes are cool. like 2 crows nests.and i picked up 1 wishing well on another world. yes, as you progress through the event, youll get 10 dobby coins..but 1 dobby in quests should be increased. this game definately isnt for skint fans. all-inall, the event is innovative and colorful. better than the previous ones.

DeletedUser6120

I really like Special Events,and I loved the Summer event from last year. But I have to say that the Summer Event this year is at best, dull. The lighthouse, or Crow's Nest, is not attractive and not especially valuable. Very much unlike the three grand Ships that were offered as prizes last year. And with the exception of the guard towers, there are no special event buildings themed for this particular event. There are repeats of buildings from previous events, which is nice, but usually each special event offers buildings themed for that event. That is part of the excitement that gets you playing the event game. And the rewards on the wheel are very uninspiring. Coins, supplies, blueprints, troops, all of which I get plenty of from my city every day. And offering buildings as "prizes" on the wheel that you can just get from your regular building menu is not much of a prize. Now, if they were offering a chance at getting a premium diamonds only building, that would be worth trying for. But otherwise, why bother? Compared to previous summer events, this one is very unimpressive.

DeletedUser30312

Is it just me, or is the storyline behind the quests the exact same one they had last year? I didn't pay much attention to it last year, except to note that "Damnation" was a a pretty badass name for a pirate ship, but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same stuff.

DeletedUser29623

there are some high points and low points in this event. the low point is one quest only give 1 doubloon for spending 32 fps...people know me by my nickname, oswyn the skint. the high point is, some of the prizes are cool. like 2 crows nests.and i picked up 1 wishing well on another world. yes, as you progress through the event, youll get 10 dobby coins..but 1 dobby in quests should be increased. this game definately isnt for skint fans. all-inall, the event is innovative and colorful. better than the previous ones.

I don’t really understand this complaint. You didn’t buy the doubloons with Forge points, getting nothing in return. You put them on GBs or used them to pay for research just like any other Forge point. What were you going to do with them that these quests prevented you from doing?

DeletedUser28147

So far it looks like I'm only going to be able to get 6 of the 7 upgrades I need. I haven't found any extra doubloon incidents around my city and with the way the main prizes are set I'm going to need to find at least 1 upgrade on the wheel in order to get a 7th one. I'm a little disappointed as I really wanted a fully leveled crow's nest. Maybe I'll get lucky.

DeletedUser28147

So finally found a doubloon incident...in a city I didn't need it in. Maybe next year Inno you should make them not quite so rare.

DeletedUser33179

So far it looks like I'm only going to be able to get 6 of the 7 upgrades I need. I haven't found any extra doubloon incidents around my city and with the way the main prizes are set I'm going to need to find at least 1 upgrade on the wheel in order to get a 7th one. I'm a little disappointed as I really wanted a fully leveled crow's nest. Maybe I'll get lucky.

There won't be any CN upgrades from the wheel, only from the map/compasses aspect (every other prize).

We're only 4 days in, with 17 more to go. It's too early to be so discouraged, just keep looking for those incidents :)

Freshmeboy

I'm pretty sure getting all the upgrades for the Crows Nest will cost diamonds ...13 full trips to gather them all is 260 spaces...the math just won't bear out. That's OK though..it's a freaking monster of an fp producer and INNO shouldn't just give them away. I may spend the bucks for diamonds to get a fully upgraded one simply for the aid to fp to tile ratio. Meanwhile, ship upgrades on the wheel is an excellent prize and kudos to INNO for not making past event prizes obsolete....

DeletedUser33179

I'm pretty sure getting all the upgrades for the Crows Nest will cost diamonds ...13 full trips to gather them all is 260 spaces...the math just won't bear out. That's OK though..it's a freaking monster of an fp producer and INNO shouldn't just give them away. I may spend the bucks for diamonds to get a fully upgraded one simply for the aid to fp to tile ratio. Meanwhile, ship upgrades on the wheel is an excellent prize and kudos to INNO for not making past event prizes obsolete....

I'm not sure that you math & assumptions are correct.

Here's what I tally...

CN is 8 levels in total. If you complete the entire questline, you get CN levels 1 thru 3. The remaining 5 levels must come from the ship map/compass - winning another CN level for the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, & 9th complete trips.

Each doubloon used will provide 1 compass for the ship map. Each map trip is 20 spaces that your ship must move via the compass, with each compass giving you either 1, 2 or 3 spaces. So far in all my worlds, I've been averaging 10 compass spins - average of 2 spaces moving each time - to complete a trip (have ranged between 8-12 compasses depending on randomness, but average amongst all is 10 for me).

While I've no proof 10 is actual average (too small sample size, etc), for discussion's sake if I assume it is... We need to make 9 trips to get remaining 5 CN levels, each trip averaging 10 doubloons to complete -- for total of approximately 90 doubloons needed overall.

Doubloons we can get:
3 - to start the game
20 - for the two questline milestones of 10 each (the other 3 milestones being the 1st 3 CN levels)
56 - one per completion of each quest except last quest gives two, with 55 total quests
21 - daily freebie for logging in, one per day for 21 days of event

Total = 100
... which doesn't include any doubloons found in incidents or the 2 freebies you can collect via Inno's event annoucement email sent to your registered email address (note: if you play multiple worlds, make sure you log out first, so you're sure to open the world you want them in when you click on the email's free doubloons button).

It's a tight fit, with not much extra room for very bad luck with compass movements on ship map. But it does seem possible to get fully leveled CN without diamonds.

Freshmeboy

You are right Clara..my math was off...But it will take very good luck with the compass to gather the last upgrade. It is possible...but not certain. And that's my point. Far too often complaints are lobbied about the futility of trying to get the grand prize in these events ...and what a rip-off it is, how bad INNO is, etc., etc. Entering this event knowing it isn't a certainty, and being prepared to spend if you want that last upgrade is better than being surprised and disgusted at its end...

qaccy

Is it just me, or is the storyline behind the quests the exact same one they had last year? I didn't pay much attention to it last year, except to note that "Damnation" was a a pretty badass name for a pirate ship, but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same stuff.

Yeah, it's the same story. I believe the only change was with one quest early on where the parrot chimes in that the NPC is simply retelling the same story from last year. Kinda cute, but I was a bit disappointed overall.

That's actually how I feel about the event as a whole. It seems like very little was done with it this year. Four new buildings, three of which are decorations and one of which is only available from the grand prize list. Quality of the prizes aside, that feels rather tame to me compared to previous events but perhaps that's just my perception. In any case, the wheel itself doesn't really interest me at all this year and that's a first.

UBERhelp1

Yeah, it's the same story. I believe the only change was with one quest early on where the parrot chimes in that the NPC is simply retelling the same story from last year. Kinda cute, but I was a bit disappointed overall.

That's actually how I feel about the event as a whole. It seems like very little was done with it this year. Four new buildings, three of which are decorations and one of which is only available from the grand prize list. Quality of the prizes aside, that feels rather tame to me compared to previous events but perhaps that's just my perception. In any case, the wheel itself doesn't really interest me at all this year and that's a first.
Same. Last year, the summer event was my favorite and I was really looking forward to it this year. Sadly, I don't think that it will live up to my expectations.

DeletedUser32973

If you're in a more advanced age I think doubloon incidents are rare simply because it's almost impossible to spot incidents within such a large city. I find around double the incidents on my off worlds that have much smaller cities compared to my main. I wish they'd do something to make city incidents more visible...some are literally hidden behind buildings.