• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 feedback

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, it's the same story. I believe the only change was with one quest early on where the parrot chimes in that the NPC is simply retelling the same story from last year. Kinda cute, but I was a bit disappointed overall.

That's actually how I feel about the event as a whole. It seems like very little was done with it this year. Four new buildings, three of which are decorations and one of which is only available from the grand prize list. Quality of the prizes aside, that feels rather tame to me compared to previous events but perhaps that's just my perception. In any case, the wheel itself doesn't really interest me at all this year and that's a first.

So do I. The new stuff isn't all that interesting, though topping last year's ships is going to be tough. And a choice from a trio of decos on a gold space is a big letdown. The really good stuff are last year's prizes like ship upgrades and Sunken Treasures, and those are potentially available in the Dealer now. The rest of the wheel prizes are rather poor. And the compass one gets from spinning the wheel isn't as good as the map pieces from last year, because the map pieces as least gave more incentive to spin even when the prizes were poor.

DeletedUser28147

So I finally found a doubloon in my main but I still feel like they're to rare.

DeletedUser40495

The lighthouse, or Crow's Nest, is not attractive and not especially valuable.
At max level it gives an average of 12.8 FP per day, and it’s only a 5 by 5 building. It’s the 3rd most efficient FP producing building in the game (not counting great buildings).

Just curious - how is that not attractive or the least bit of value to you?

Very much unlike the three grand Ships that were offered as prizes last year.
The ship is being offered again, so if you want it again you can get it again. I personally have already obtained a Royal Ship from scratch (I spent 42 doubloons to do so). This means that I should be able to get a second Royal Ship without spending a single diamond. To be honest I think the ships are easier to get this year (if you are patient and watch the wheel waiting for them to show up - refreshing the wheel to get to them yourself is a waste of doubloons).

But other than that this event is a bit dull (almost identical to last year and the new buildings besides the Crows Nest suck).

DeletedUser32211

Make the wheel consistent. That would bring some level of skill into it. As it is, you can push the stop button and how much more it turns varies widely. The way it is, the only thing the stop button does is gives the players the illusion that they have some control

DreadfulCadillac

Make the wheel consistent. That would bring some level of skill into it. As it is, you can push the stop button and how much more it turns varies widely. The way it is, the only thing the stop button does is gives the players the illusion that they have some control
Along time ago, A REALLY long time ago, you were able to stop the wheel 2 prizes before te one you wanted to land on the one you wanted.that was back in like elephant/palace set times..

DeletedUser29623

What I like about this event is the fact that the wheel can change at any time, including at the player’s demand if they want to pay a doubloon. It’s a lot more engaging than waiting for days unti, the daily special becomes something desirable, and I find myself logging in more often.

DeletedUser30312

The trick is to wait until someone else refreshes the wheel for you and it has the prize you want on it.

I refreshed it earlier because there was nothing I wanted on it, just a Selection kit and a bunch of trash. The gold space turns up a SoK which I didn't really need (see here). I spent 6 or 7 doubloons to win it anyway because I didn't like the idea of a neighbor getting a SoK from my refresh.

DeletedUser30312

If I'd refreshed the wheel again, there'd be a risk of another good prize coming up for the hood and one less doubloon for me to try to earn it with. Plus who knows what I'd get with a blind refresh? Assuming that's what you're talking about. It suited my purpose better to clean out the good prize on the wheel leaving the junk behind so another neighbor could spend their doubloons refreshing the wheel.

DeletedUser25171

If I'd refreshed the wheel again, there'd be a risk of another good prize coming up for the hood and one less doubloon for me to try to earn it with. Plus who knows what I'd get with a blind refresh? Assuming that's what you're talking about. It suited my purpose better to clean out the good prize on the wheel leaving the junk behind so another neighbor could spend their doubloons refreshing the wheel.
As opposed to spending 6 or 7 doubloons on a prize you didn't want with the exact same chances that the next gold prize would have been one that you did . . .

DeletedUser30312

That would matter if I cared about the doubloon cost. Honestly, I'm not all that invested in this event, so messing with the rest of the hood entertains me.

Volodya

So do I. The new stuff isn't all that interesting, though topping last year's ships is going to be tough. And a choice from a trio of decos on a gold space is a big letdown. The really good stuff are last year's prizes like ship upgrades and Sunken Treasures, and those are potentially available in the Dealer now. The rest of the wheel prizes are rather poor. And the compass one gets from spinning the wheel isn't as good as the map pieces from last year, because the map pieces as least gave more incentive to spin even when the prizes were poor.
I think 2% attack in a 2x1 space is pretty valuable.

DeletedUser40495

I think 2% attack in a 2x1 space is pretty valuable.
Yes it isn’t worthless, actually pretty good. But it’s a grand prize. How many of them would you have to win to make a serious difference? To equal what buildings like the Pirate Ship give? How many doubloons will that cost?

More than what a small bit of attack bonus is worth in my opinion.