• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 feedback

Graviton

Here's my Summer Event feedback for today:

Level 5 Crow's Nest: 4 FPs daily production
+ 6 FPs random production
+ Blue Galaxy 2x bonus
----------------------------------
20 FPs.

:D

EDIT: I didn't actually pay attention to what the total was...would the BG double only the base 4 FPs or does it include the random production as well? Whatever, 14 or 20, either is pretty good, and the building is only at level 5.

DeletedUser38138

If you're in a more advanced age I think doubloon incidents are rare simply because it's almost impossible to spot incidents within such a large city. I find around double the incidents on my off worlds that have much smaller cities compared to my main. I wish they'd do something to make city incidents more visible...some are literally hidden behind buildings.

Run a sweep with a large production or some other large building in building mode across your city. This will pick up all hidden incidents.

DeletedUser38138

Looks likely I will get all level 8 crow’s nest in all of my seven cities without spending any diamonds. I swept my cities daily for the extra doubloons. The Blue Galaxy will help with the double collection in 4 of my cities. I think the Crow’s Nest is one of the best buildings so far even with the 5 x 5 footprint.

DeletedUser28147

Well, 6 quests to go and if I manage a level 8 CN it will be by the skin of my teeth and only because I managed to find 3 doubloon incidents in my city, otherwise I wouldn't be getting it. I really hope the compass doesn't screw me and give me all 1's.
Again, I'm going to say up the chance of finding a doubloon incident a little.

DeletedUser30312

Yes it isn’t worthless, actually pretty good. But it’s a grand prize. How many of them would you have to win to make a serious difference? To equal what buildings like the Pirate Ship give? How many doubloons will that cost?

More than what a small bit of attack bonus is worth in my opinion.

Not just that, but it's a deco, so it's going to suck up aid.

Mustapha00

My only real complaint is that, once again, the grand reward from the Event is a building that adds a very large number (at later Ages of course) of population, which often is about the last thing you need at later Ages.

If I swap out a Terrace Farm for a fully upgraded Crow's Nest in Arctic Future, I'm adding right around 6500 to my population (4880 from the CN plus the 1600 from storing the TF). I don't need the extra population, and I really have better uses for my limited space than to place more +Happiness buildings and better use for my limited FP production than to level my +Happiness GBs.

Could we PLEASE get reward buildings that don;t add population (or, if they do, add Happiness equal to the population boost)?

DeletedUser32973

Could we PLEASE get reward buildings that don;t add population (or, if they do, add Happiness equal to the population boost)?

I'm mildly confused by this. My city has in excess 70k happiness and 30k population (Oceanic). It's mostly composed of event buildings. Neither of my happiness GBs are stratosphered. There might be some underlying problem that you need to fix? Or is this a common problem and am I an outlier?

DeletedUser29623

I'm mildly confused by this. My city has in excess 70k happiness and 30k population (Oceanic). It's mostly composed of event buildings. Neither of my happiness GBs are stratosphered. There might be some underlying problem that you need to fix? Or is this a common problem and am I an outlier?

I have 24K+ surplus pop in my city and have not had to worry about happiness. It’s all event buildings and GBs and the only happiness GB is a low-level FoD, so I’m pretty sure it tends to even out

DeletedUser

If I swap out a Terrace Farm for a fully upgraded Crow's Nest in Arctic Future, I'm adding right around 6500 to my population (4880 from the CN plus the 1600 from storing the TF).
Actually you're only adding 3280. You're adding 4880 for the CN, but you're subtracting the 1600 from the TF that you are removing.
I would think it's an underlying problem. My OF city has 22k+ excess Happiness with no cultural buildings or decorations, and my Happiness GBs are nowhere near hyper leveled.

Algona

If I swap out a Terrace Farm for a fully upgraded Crow's Nest in Arctic Future, I'm adding right around 6500 to my population (4880 from the CN plus the 1600 from storing the TF).

Actually you're only adding 3280. You're adding 4880 for the CN, but you're subtracting the 1600 from the TF that you are removing.

Err, maybe it's a lack of sleep, but...

Before I build TF I have 36,423 pop. After I build TF I still have 36,423 pop. If I Store / delete the TF, I still have 36,423 pop.

All adding or removing TF does is change the available pop. Or is that sleep deprivation speaking?

Anyway, pretty sure that adding or removing TFs has no effect on Happiness since it has no effect on the total pop.

Agent327

Err, maybe it's a lack of sleep, but...

Before I build TF I have 36,423 pop. After I build TF I still have 36,423 pop. If I Store / delete the TF, I still have 36,423 pop.

All adding or removing TF does is change the available pop. Or is that sleep deprivation speaking?

Anyway, pretty sure that adding or removing TFs has no effect on Happiness since it has no effect on the total pop.

Must be sleep deprivation

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Terrace_Farm

It's one of the big reasons players are against down kits.

DeletedUser37581

Nice one Agent. So the Terrace Farm uses population. It doesn't affect Total population, just Available Population. And Happiness is only affected by Total Population, not Available Population.

Algona

Must be sleep deprivation

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Terrace_Farm

It's one of the big reasons players are against down kits.

I spent a minute trying to understand your post, you seem to be telling me I'm wrong, but the link supports my point. Another one of your wild goose chases or did you miss the point?

What he says:

...the Terrace Farm uses population. It doesn't affect Total population, just Available Population. And Happiness is only affected by Total Population, not Available Population.

Agent327

I spent a minute trying to understand your post, you seem to be telling me I'm wrong, but the link supports my point. Another one of your wild goose chases or did you miss the point?

What he says:

Must be sleep deprevation.

Algona

Must be sleep deprevation.

Maybe you should get some sleep too then?

That's OK, you're in good company, SL and Mustapha are two other smart posters who made the same mistake. Although you perpetuated the mistake after it was pointed out.

Try not to do that, OK? We get enough of that from not so smart posters.

----------

Meanwhile back on topic,

I don;t have a major problem with the pop thing on SBs, it's a boon to pre pop GB cities.

They (we) get to eliminate mundane Housing and get the huge benefit of sweet powerful SBs.

In my IA city I was able to dump 5 Cottages when I placed the CN, in essence getting the space for the CN for almostnothing. 8 FP costing me 5 tiles? I'm so in to that...

DeletedUser27537

WELL, HERE WE ARE AGAIN AGAIN WITHOUT ELEPHANT FOUNTAIN AND PALACE UPGRADES FROM 2017

BUT, ARE WE GOING TO SEE LEVEL THREE CHERRY SETS?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

Just a heads up Pony..all caps are considered insulting on this forum...I can understand your frustration but there is no reason to yell...I'm sure you understand, so thanks.

DeletedUser30312

Nah, he's looking for new levels for the 2017 buildings from the sound of it, so basically a Level 2 Maharaja's Palace. Seems Inno is fine keeping them they way they are.