• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 Progress

Super Catanian

All of you Forum regulars know the deal, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyways, woke up a few minutes ago and have completed some quests. The trick is to not collect everything as soon as you can. That way, when a quest requires you to collect some stuff, you already have some stuff contributing to the completion of that quest.

Will have to go for a few hours now, but I'll be back to complete the rest soon enough.

UBERhelp1

Progress - bad.

For some reason the wheel is lagging a lot (could be my connection, though. It's been bad lately) and so it basically freezes until a reward popup shows. So..... the stop button is out.

And I miscalculated the number of productions I would need for various quests off by one, messing up a whole lot.

Not the best start, lol.

ODragon

Also messed up on my main. Collected traz but forgot to have age/agebefore troop buildings. Had already finished GE so no troops that way. Going to burn a level of Traz at 1.9 to fix it.

Super Catanian

Aw, man! Hope it gets better soon. Right now, the WW Shrink Kit is the DS at the moment, and I am just waiting for it to be The Ship Upgrade.
I saw that from the quest line, you will get 2 Crow's Nest Upgrades. Hopefully I can progress far enough to get all the Upgrades!

UBERhelp1

Aw, man! Hope it gets better soon. Right now, the WW Shrink Kit is the DS at the moment, and I am just waiting for it to be The Ship Upgrade.
I saw that from the quest line, you will get 2 Crow's Nest Upgrades. Hopefully I can progress far enough to get all the Upgrades!
You can change the gold special by refreshing the wheel :)

And I think it is easy enough to get all the upgrades. Only need 5 from the wheel/map.

Super Catanian

Built the Crow's Nest in my smallest city in Arvahall. Still need to clear up a bit more space to build it in my two main cities.
I just realized that the wheel's special prize changes with each refresh.

Below are the different items that I saw as specials...
The Ship Upgrade Kit
Wishing Well
Pirate Selection Kit
Guard's Post Selection Kit

Super Catanian

Here are some memes to cheer you up about the Summer Event...

When you're trying to get the special prize but the wheel keeps landing on Coins...
CYkT9pKUEAAKXjz.jpg
When you finish saving up Doubloons but someone gets the special prize...
31bbd844219e1fc5751b8ae813c2c2ce.jpg
Me looking at the Antiques Dealer after obtaining dozens of Palm and Baobab Trees...
tumblr_onweywGmsY1shr96eo1_400.jpg
There will be more to come...

DeletedUser36020

My luck on the wheel has been garbage. Got a selection kit so far so i can get a base ship. That's out of roughly 30 spins on 3 wheels. Need 3 more upgrades for max.... doubt that happens

Super Catanian

Another meme for you...
When you realize that you can get a Level 1 Crow's Nest as a special prize from the Wheel of Fortune...
tumblr_m5p30oYfD81r9m22a.jpg
Me after finally getting the special prize from the Wheel of Fortune...
FmHD5W0ShLSYZ0rwa9huRJ_vNSDEEY7hXJVHvm3sTEU.jpg

DeletedUser30312

The offerings on the wheel have been pretty "meh" so far. Best I've seen has been staples like SoKs and WWs, but they're easy enough to get these days anyway. The selection kits from last year haven't wowed me since I already have 7 in my inventory, and I'd rather use them to build new ships which requires upgrades. Not really interested in winning extra Crow's Nests. The Guard Posts are okay, but I haven't seen many of them, and they're just decos. Silly stuff like FP or medal packages on gold aren't worth a spin. We don't even have map pieces on the wheel like last year to provide inducements for spinning on mediocre prizes.

All of you Forum regulars know the deal, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyways, woke up a few minutes ago and have completed some quests. The trick is to not collect everything as soon as you can. That way, when a quest requires you to collect some stuff, you already have some stuff contributing to the completion of that quest.

Will have to go for a few hours now, but I'll be back to complete the rest soon enough.

Yeah, that's how the events go generally. Hold back on the collections while you plow through the initial set. It helps to have a list of the quests from Beta too, so you can plan ahead with supply productions and continent map scouting. Once you get caught up to the dailies, you don't need to worry anymore.

For some reason the wheel is lagging a lot (could be my connection, though. It's been bad lately) and so it basically freezes until a reward popup shows. So..... the stop button is out.

Stop button is an illusion. The game determines where you will land as soon as you hit "spin". Stop just ends the animation faster.

Last edited by a moderator: