• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2019 Progress

DeletedUser31397

No doubloons spent yet in any of my worlds, haven't seen any real opportune wheels yet. I have seen the WW quite a bit in my main though :rolleyes:

DeletedUser28371

This is good advice for pretty much anything. I currently have 5,6 million Supplies in my main city (I moved to the Modern Era a while ago). Although this is enough to get me through any quest that requires paying Supplies, even I feel that that is too little for my age.
you should have 10 times that. Im in tommorrow and Mine doesnt move downward because I have so much supplies.

DeletedUser31397

1st ship upgrade: 15 tries
2nd ship upgrade: 12 tries
3rd ship upgrade: 26 tries (yes I actually cleaned out the entire damn wheel and the rest was junk)

Now I need to get 3 upgrades with about 40 doubloons, still feasible but if this joke of RNG doesn't improve I'll most likely have to wait to get them from the antiques dealer...if they sell them...

Edit: And all those compasses yielded a net of -5 (26 for 47 points)...ah geez

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Catanian

1st ship upgrade: 15 tries
2nd ship upgrade: 12 tries
3rd ship upgrade: 26 tries (yes I actually cleaned out the entire damn wheel and the rest was junk)

Now I need to get 3 upgrades with about 40 doubloons, still feasible but if this joke of RNG doesn't improve I'll most likely have to wait to get them from the antiques dealer...if they sell them...

*(Sweating heavily)*

Vger

It took me awhile to figure out what you meant by "-5 (26 for 47 points)", but I think I've got it.

You are assuming you should average 2 spaces per move. 26*2 = 52 moves. But you only moved 47. A difference of 5, so I assume that's where the -5 comes from?

You might assume 2 spaces per move based on this post:
Each doubloon used will provide 1 compass for the ship map. Each map trip is 20 spaces that your ship must move via the compass, with each compass giving you either 1, 2 or 3 spaces. So far in all my worlds, I've been averaging 10 compass spins - average of 2 spaces moving each time - to complete a trip (have ranged between 8-12 compasses depending on randomness, but average amongst all is 10 for me).

I don't believe 2 is the right number. I think it is 1.8 (but only if the compass is truly fair, and we don't know that it is).

The math isn't all that hard. There are 5 slots. So you have a 20% chance of hitting any 1 slot.
2 slots move you 1 space. (40% chance that will happen).
2 slots move you 2 spaces. (40% chance that will happen).
1 slot gives you 3 spaces (20% chance that will happen).

So if you do 10 spins, you would expect to get (ON AVERAGE!!!) :
1 space: 4 times (40%)
2 spaces: 4 times (40%)
3 spaces: 2 times (20%)

Which works out to:
4*1 + 4*2 + 2*3 = 18 spaces for 10 spins.

Or 18/10 = 1.8 spaces per spin.

So with 26 spins, you should get 26*1.8 = 46.8 spaces. You got 47, so you are slightly ahead of the curve.

Interesting number: excluding incidents, rewards, or diamond buys, everyone that logs in every day and completes all the quests should have 100 doubloons to spend. 100 * 1.8 = 180 moves. 180 moves / 20 moves per crossing = 9. The exact number you need for level 8. Coincidence?

So anyone can get to lvl 8, right?

Well, yeah...except....bell curve? LOL.

DeletedUser31397

The number icons on the compass can just be for show though. Since 'Going North' is the theme of the event, the further you are from North the lower the number. It could be possible, but I am under the impression the RNG is equal chance for each number.

DeletedUser33179

It took me awhile to figure out what you meant by "-5 (26 for 47 points)", but I think I've got it.

You are assuming you should average 2 spaces per move. 26*2 = 52 moves. But you only moved 47. A difference of 5, so I assume that's where the -5 comes from?

You might assume 2 spaces per move based on this post:

I don't believe 2 is the right number. I think it is 1.8 (but only if the compass is truly fair, and we don't know that it is).

The math isn't all that hard. There are 5 slots. So you have a 20% chance of hitting any 1 slot.
2 slots move you 1 space. (40% chance that will happen).
2 slots move you 2 spaces. (40% chance that will happen).
1 slot gives you 3 spaces (20% chance that will happen).

So if you do 10 spins, you would expect to get (ON AVERAGE!!!) :
1 space: 4 times (40%)
2 spaces: 4 times (40%)
3 spaces: 2 times (20%)

Which works out to:
4*1 + 4*2 + 2*3 = 18 spaces for 10 spins.

Or 18/10 = 1.8 spaces per spin.

So with 26 spins, you should get 26*1.8 = 46.8 spaces. You got 47, so you are slightly ahead of the curve.

Interesting number: excluding incidents, rewards, or diamond buys, everyone that logs in every day and completes all the quests should have 100 doubloons to spend. 100 * 1.8 = 180 moves. 180 moves / 20 moves per crossing = 9. The exact number you need for level 8. Coincidence?

So anyone can get to lvl 8, right?

Well, yeah...except....bell curve? LOL.

Yep... averages are just that... averages. Of course your 1.8 number assumption has the same issue my 2 number assumption does -- way to small a sample size with which to draw accurate assessment.

I currently need 1 more upgrade from the compass map so that I can get a fully upgraded CN (with the very last event quest giving me the final piece) in each of my 5 WW/event worlds without spending any diamonds. I get every daily freebie doubloon & will be able to complete all event quests. Like everyone else, getting an incident doubloon has been fairly rare for me - maybe once every 4 days at best.

Here's the breakdown for those alternate worlds of how many more compass map spaces I need to move to get the upgrade I need & how many doubloons in total I'll have to available use to try to get there (includes what little I have currently + the daily freebie + for completing each remaining event quest; does not include any potentials from incidents as is too infrequent to rely on it):

#1- 11 map spaces with 24 doubloons
#2- 13 map spaces with 20 doubloons
#3- 18 map spaces with 19 doubloons
#4- 24 map spaces with 21 doubloons
#5- 4 map spaces with 17 doubloons

For me, looks that despite the expected variability I can definitely get fully leveled CN in each world.

(I didn't include my main world in these numbers, as I did my usual of spending a few free WW diamonds for extra chances for what I wanted, in this case for 1-Up kits)

DeletedUser38173

I hate the wheel. I hate the compass. Yeah, I’ve loved the other events, but this one’s just awful. Too little control. I’ll admit I suck at the wheel. If I see another decorated baobab I’m gonna scream! So yeah 2 big fat thumbs DOWN on this event.

DeletedUser31397

Got my 4th ship upgrade in 5 tries so that is a lot more reassuring. I still have approximately 38-40 doubloons obtainable in the event.

With 59 compasses, I have gotten 114 points (4 below average) so I'm still making good pace for the Lv 8 crow's nest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Catanian

I've realized that if you stop the Wheel at the right time, you'll have a good chance of getting something good. That's how I managed to get several Gold Prizes in a row.

UBERhelp1

I've been trying to get 2 sunken treasures for my tiny town... saved up 40+ doubloons and thanks to... less skilled players... refreshing the wheel I still have gotten none. I may just start waiting for the winter event to get sleigh builders :)

Agent327

I've been trying to get 2 sunken treasures for my tiny town... saved up 40+ doubloons and thanks to... less skilled players... refreshing the wheel I still have gotten none. I may just start waiting for the winter event to get sleigh builders :)

So if you refresh the wheel you are less skilled????