• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2022 Feedback

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
With this event (as well as the upcoming Fall event)...regarding the bonus prize buildings obtained through the "event pass" (Forge Fountain and Cobalt Blue Lagoon)...the 1200 (1800?) diamond cost is pretty steep...especially considering that they "expire" after a few days. WTH?

I'm a collector and have enjoyed getting all the possible buildings...but even with the random diamond rewards from recurring quests (and with the diamonds I occasionally harvest from wishing wells) this is quickly devolving to a point of spending diamonds to get special buildings vs. spending diamonds to get expansions in order to place said buildings. Something's gotta give.

I can begin to sell wishing wells to make space but that's cutting my nose off to spite my face. Yeah, I've dropped a little real world cash for diamonds on occasion but it's gotta be worth it and tiny buildings that expire after a week and revert to a dilapidated visual state are NOT worth it.

Is there some mechanism planned for the future where these buildings can be reactivated (without spending additional diamonds I might add)?
I am afraid we are not aware of any changes at this time.

Not sure whether to put this here in feedback or in suggestions/improvements thread - In the Winter Event, the prize sleigh is in the city, separate from the event screen, however the new Piggy Bank is included in the main event screen, which can then be misconstrued as a claim prize which is also on the main event screen. Would it be more player friendly to have the Piggy Bank outside of the event screen, similarly to how the Winter prize sleigh is outside of the event screen to reduce confusion and avoid people spending 3k diamonds inadvertently by thinking they are claiming the main event prizes? It would also be fun to see a giant pig just hanging out in the city for a couple of weeks during the event, and then we the players can go in to that screen and claim the prizes and pay the diamonds should we choose. Thoughts?

Sharmon the Impaler

Not sure whether to put this here in feedback or in suggestions/improvements thread - In the Winter Event, the prize sleigh is in the city, separate from the event screen, however the new Piggy Bank is included in the main event screen, which can then be misconstrued as a claim prize which is also on the main event screen. Would it be more player friendly to have the Piggy Bank outside of the event screen, similarly to how the Winter prize sleigh is outside of the event screen to reduce confusion and avoid people spending 3k diamonds inadvertently by thinking they are claiming the main event prizes? It would also be fun to see a giant pig just hanging out in the city for a couple of weeks during the event, and then we the players can go in to that screen and claim the prizes and pay the diamonds should we choose. Thoughts?
Fitting that it is a big pig :)

Last edited:

Oswyn the noble

Trying to per-fect my spinning the wheel just right to get that one coveted prize. Stop the wheel too early no good. Letting it spin around 2 times not good. Clearly having fun here devs

Xenosaur

@LeCron @mellofax - any reaction from the FOE Team or response on my question regarding mechanisms for reactivating the Forge Fountain?
There are already multiple beta suggestions that very limited use/duration (ie: disposable) premium-line event buildings,which have little true value after they exhaust their primary benefit (IOW - residual happiness each day after exhausting the primary.benefit, isn't true value in my book...), are not the way go for premium dollars or diamond expenditures by players.

Your suggestion makes way too much sense. Creating a class of buildings that could be "recharged" or reactivated after it "expires" is the way I think they should be considering, too. Yes - from a "recharge" kit you win/earn/buy in various venues or facilities.

There are already multiple beta suggestions that very limited use/duration (ie: disposable) premium-line event buildings,which have little true value after they exhaust their primary benefit (IOW - residual happiness each day after exhausting the primary.benefit, isn't true value in my book...), are not the way go for premium dollars or diamond expenditures by players.

Your suggestion makes way too much sense. Creating a class of buildings that could be "recharged" or reactivated after it "expires" is the way I think they should be considering, too. Yes - from a "recharge" kit you win/earn/buy in various venues or facilities.
I'd even watch an ad or two.

ScreamingZiva

I am not sure I am going to finish the boathouse without spending diamonds.

I have:

x1 Boathouse level 1
x1 Boathouse selection kit
x6 Boathouse upgrade kit

Final event prize:
x1 Boathouse upgrade kit

This means I need two more upgrade kits and I am currently at 203 on the grand prizes and out of sails for the day. I'll get another upgrade kit at 220 and then at 260.

I think I am going to be cutting it very close.

Pericles the Lion

I have:

x1 Boathouse level 1
x6 Boathouse upgrade kit

Final event prize:
x1 Boathouse upgrade kit

This means I need two more upgrade kits and I am currently at 203 on the grand prizes and out of sails for the day. I'll get another upgrade kit at 220 and then at 260.

I'm in the same spot on all 5 worlds that I play. It's looking like I'll come up about 10 doubloons short on all. If so, this will be a first.

ScreamingZiva

I have:

x1 Boathouse level 1
x6 Boathouse upgrade kit

Final event prize:
x1 Boathouse upgrade kit

I am now at 217 so that means that in the last 8 sails, I moved 14 spaces for an average of 1.75 spaces per sail. I have 43 spaces left to get to the last upgrade I need and there are 28 remaining sails if my math is right. I will need to average just over 1.5 spaces per sail to make it.

Jester74011

I am now at 217 so that means that in the last 8 sails, I moved 14 spaces for an average of 1.75 spaces per sail. I have 43 spaces left to get to the last upgrade I need and there are 28 remaining sails if my math is right. I will need to average just over 1.5 spaces per sail to make it.
Yeah I’m going to be cutting it close also

KeithOfTheForge

I'll finish my boathouse but I spent some diamonds earlier finishing a Governor's Villa.

Are incidents supposed to have any doubloons for this event? I've picked up every incident every single day and haven't seen a single doubloon.

AyeMatey

I really, really dislike the Wheel of Fortune. Should be called the Wheel of Frustration. I don't know what I'm carrying on me ship that makes it heavy.
Gettin' so many 1's in a row each time I spin the compass makes me feel like jumpin' overboard.

I'm up to Quest 53: 19th Day with two more days to go, and have a level 9 Privateer's Boathouse. Don't think it's possible to get the fully upgraded
boathouse unless I get a huge amount of doubloons and order me crew to start rowin' to make the ship travel faster... or get me compass repaired.

CDmark

Well, I spent all of my doubloons, 129 as of right now. This means I got 6 from incidents based on 135 total from questline and milestones, 12 more coming for sure. So, I can get to L9 right now and I have the last milestone for L10. I will have another via grand prize. I did nothing special so I think everyone should get it. I did average 1.96 advances for the 129 (253/129), which is about right.
Just spent 130 in my other world, 1.92 advances for the 130 (249/130). 7 doubloons via incidents, same L9 right now, and getting 2 more upgrades.

Last edited:
I am afraid we are not aware of any changes at this time.
@LeCron @mellofax - I will say I am encouraged by the beta announcements for the Fall and Halloween events with regards to the additional buildings. For the Fall, getting the Donkey Enclosure that is not limited makes the Event Pass worth it for me. For the Halloween, though both new buildings are limited - having a way to obtain them without the Event Pass is really nice. I know - I need to put these comments in the eventual feedback thread for those events.

We'll just move on and forget the Forge Fountain mistake like it never happened.

I just hope they do pursue some mechanism at some point for reactivating the limited buildings.