• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event Feedback

DeletedUser26671

I'm on the quest to contribute forge points to great buildings OR research a technology. I don't have access to great buildings so I spent some on researching a technology BUT the points spent aren't being counted towards the quest. ACK - what am I missing?

DeletedUser8152

I'm on the quest to contribute forge points to great buildings OR research a technology. I don't have access to great buildings so I spent some on researching a technology BUT the points spent aren't being counted towards the quest. ACK - what am I missing?
It will finish as soon as you complete the research. It doesn't count up the FP for that (it doesn't know how many you'll need).

DeletedUser24270

Can we get the Fishing Hut added to the 'aid priority' list, like Caravansary and Oasis, since it otherwise functions the same way?

GeaugaDog

The 20 medal prize should be increased for people way up in further ages... For me it's fine since I am just looking to hit 1,000 for an expansion but I see why someone would be upset

DeletedUser9433

The 20 medal prize should be increased for people way up in further ages... For me it's fine since I am just looking to hit 1,000 for an expansion but I see why someone would be upset
In my main world I am in FE, have used all the medal expansions and still have 1.6 million in medals, so 20, 50 or even 100 doesn't really matter.

DeletedUser23363

I am almost afraid to jinx myself but here of late the wheel has been pretty good to me. Got 2 fishing huts, caravansary, mobile homes, wishing well, and luau (0f course the coins and supplies and wont mention the color guard) Then with the lottery I got the bazaar... So now have a combo jungle/desert theme going on with my city. LOL so this year, although it started out slow with lots of portraits, not doing to bad at the moment. Now if I can win tonight's lottery....I will be do ecstatic happy dance. lol
The color guard is useful for when you have to delete military units come future tasks.

Perhaps I've missed it, this is my first visit to this thread and I've skipped a few posts, but does anyone know when the tougher bonus quests will begin?

DeletedUser23363

I run two worlds - one is in the Contemporary Era, the other is Progressive. It's 20 medals in both worlds.

DeletedUser25294

There is a lot of room for improvement from INNO but I have to admit the Summer Event has been fruitful to my worlds. For the most part, I waited for either Wishing Well or SOK to show up on wheel before spinning. All told, I have gained, in 5 worlds, 21 Wishing Wells, 12 SOK's and 5 Reno Kits. I gained a lot of other nice items as well.

DeletedUser25294

There is a lot of room for improvement from INNO but I have to admit the Summer Event has been fruitful to my worlds. For the most part, I waited for either Wishing Well or SOK to show up on wheel before spinning. All told, I have gained, in 5 worlds, 21 Wishing Wells, 12 SOK's and 5 Reno Kits. I gained a lot of other nice items as well.
Without spending any Diamonds

DeletedUser23123

Awesome Event! No complaint. Got just about everything I've been wanted. The Supplies and Coins reward was very helpful. Medals and Premium Building was also great. Units got very handy to finish "Recruit Quest". 4 world with 400 Rocks was Cool! Only spent 10 Diamonds to finish Province. Didn't have the Units Attack Boost to fight'em. I really got loaded on some excellent prizes this time.

DeletedUser18851

Why must this event allow the thoughtless fools in our neighborhoods to ruin the entire event? I spent 20 tickets refreshing the wheel to get what I wanted to show up. It finally shows up. I spin 15 times, and the rigged game doesn't give me a single wishing well. Now I've spent 35 tickets and gotten nothing but crappy coins, supplies, a unit here and there. Crap I don't need or want. Then some idiot refreshes the wheel and those 35 spins were for nothing.

Thanks Inno. You're incompetence ruins the day yet again.

Algona

Why must this event allow the thoughtless fools in our neighborhoods to ruin the entire event? I spent 20 tickets refreshing the wheel to get what I wanted to show up. It finally shows up. I spin 15 times, and the rigged game doesn't give me a single wishing well. Now I've spent 35 tickets and gotten nothing but crappy coins, supplies, a unit here and there. Crap I don't need or want. Then some idiot refreshes the wheel and those 35 spins were for nothing.

Thanks Inno. You're incompetence ruins the day yet again.

Hmmm, I see you made the same mistake I did: wasting tickets on refreshing. I see someone in your hood is either an idiot, doesn't like WWs, or is smart enough to realize that anything that helps you hurts them. I'd guess the latter.

I don't see where INNO is at fault. Hmmm. you know, given your posts, I do see a fourth alternative. INNO spun the wheel.

After getting some fantastic advice from Glarg* I went on a tear and was the recipient of fantastic luck.

My first 20 spins, refreshes, no top tier prizes on any of the refreshes. Then I started waiting for good wheels.

3 SoK in 4 spins. 3 more SoK in 8 spins. Having all the WWs I need, I skipped over the wheel with 6 prizes left, 2 large coins and 4 WW. 2 Reno Kit in 3 spins. Rogue Hideout on a whimsical refresh, Sniper Camp in 2 spins. Zeppelin in 1 spin. I'll fritter away my last 16 tickets on random spins in a couple days.

The 200 diamonds was a nice bonus, thanks, INNO.

*Kinda complicated but worth it. The part about sacrificing a small fur bearing animal was kinda icky. Having to chant loud and fast in a crowded mall was a bit embarrassing. The chant: "Owah Tahsee Leegoo Siam." Standing on one leg while urinating was messy. The other 10 steps were not too bad, luckily there was a full moon last week.

Last edited:

DeletedUser18851

I waited till the end of the event to refresh the wheel. I watched the wheel otherwise.
Here's a nice screenshot from the same world later this evening when I tried again. (I refreshed and completely spun out the wheel by myself, leaving myself with zero tickets and 3 wells the only items remaining on the wheel).

Algona

I waited till the end of the event to refresh the wheel. I watched the wheel otherwise.
Here's a nice screenshot from the same world later this evening when I tried again. (I refreshed and completely spun out the wheel by myself, leaving myself with zero tickets and 3 wells the only items remaining on the wheel).

OK, you got my sympathies there. That is brutal bad luck.

DeletedUser17543

What is the final quest prize? I got a big fat "0"! How come there are no expansion slots for prizes? Where in blazes do I put all the "prize" buildings?

DeletedUser8152

All the quest prizes are more tickets, except for one quest towards the end that offers diamonds. I'm afraid that they never give out expansions for this kind of thing.

DeletedUser14197

Well, now that it is over, I guess I can give my feedback. Actually I remember thinking I did well with it last year. This year I did it in all 6 of my cities. By watching, I was able to spin in 5 of my cities when I saw an item I wanted. I got some wws, and rogue hideouts in most of them before the last day of the event, by watching and spinning when something I wanted was up. I got a couple barraks I wanted that I hadn't gotten far enough on my tech tree to buy and a some oasis and fishing huts and of course the common items. I hadn't seen soks in my main city often and had over 70 tickets left last night. So last night, I used all my tickets in all my cities. I did a lot of refreshing and found out you could refresh 15 times and not get anything you actually wanted. However, in some cities, I did find something I wanted and to my astonishment, I even walked away with 8 soks in my main city. So, the event was good to me this year. It had its frustrating moments when someone refreshed and I wasn't able to get another rogue hideout in my main city, or lost the opportunity to get wws in another city (I am afraid I wasn't in too good a mood and almost attacked his city with hopes I could find something to plunder) but for the amount of time it took to do the quests in all my cities, I really feel like it was really worth doing the event. The event could have ended poorly in my main city since I could no longer wait for someone to refresh it for me, though the first set of soks I got, someone had refreshed it and left them as I was spinning alone. Sweet! It is the way I like it.

One more thing I almost forgot. I had to do this event on my phone while on vacation and finding the tickets around the city was nearly impossible. I wasted so much time looking for them and some of them were really close to the edge and hard to click on because of the icons around the edges. Maybe they could change that for next year.