• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event - How to "upgrade" Golden Dragon Gong to Ascended Golden Dragon Gong

matr

Once the 10 day time limit expires, how do I upgrade a L2 Gold Dragon Gong (GDG) back to an Ascended version? Is there a way to build an upgrade kit? I have Ascended GDG I won in the event but they are not upgrade kits, I have to burn down the expired one and replace it with a new one. Yet I also have level 1. level 2, upgrade kits for L1 to L2 and selection kits for L1 or an upgrade kit. None of which raise L2 to Ascended. What am I missing? The message on the op-up for the the Expired AGDG says Upgrades to Ascended but how?
1720493533896.png

Johnny B. Goode

The Event info says that you need an Ascended Upgrade Kit to upgrade a level 2 to an Ascended Golden Dragon Gong, but I'm not seeing anywhere (including League prizes and cash prize lines) where that kit is available. It's a mystery to me.

Johnny B. Goode

The building is the upgrade and behaves exactly like a limited upgrade. Inno just didn't get around to all the text probably.
"can be upgraded to Ascended using an Ascended Upgrade Kit"
That's what the event info says for both the Golden Dragon Gong level 2 and for Zheng's Golden Bell level 2. A specific item in the description of level 2 of each of them. Yes, you can get and build the Ascended Dragon Gong (and Ascended Zheng's Golden Bell), but those are not upgrades in the sense that the event info is saying, nor is it what the OP is asking.

Sharmon the Impaler

The Ascended Gong is the upgrade kit , they left the word "upgrade" in by mistake. It behaves exactly like all the other Ascended "upgrades". It's not rocket science , they have a cut and paste methodology for all the events now and someone cut and pasted the wrong words. The next event they will have the "Ascended" upgrades , you know the way they like to make every reward as tiny as possible , why is this being looked at any different ?

Johnny B. Goode

The Ascended Gong is the upgrade kit , they left the word "upgrade" in by mistake. It behaves exactly like all the other Ascended "upgrades". It's not rocket science , they have a cut and paste methodology for all the events now and someone cut and pasted the wrong words. The next event they will have the "Ascended" upgrades , you know the way they like to make every reward as tiny as possible , why is this being looked at any different ?
The Ascended Gong that's available in the event is not a kit, it's a building. Can't be used to upgrade a level 2. They would have had to leave the entire sentence in by mistake, not just one word.

xivarmy

The Ascended Gong that's available in the event is not a kit, it's a building. Can't be used to upgrade a level 2. They would have had to leave the entire sentence in by mistake, not just one word.
I think during development they might have changed their mind on what they were including in the pass and turned all the ascended upgrade kits into just extra buildings. Leaving the ascended upgrade kit unattainable.

Sharmon the Impaler

They haven't done this frequently in the past ? We are being beta tested with these things on live to see if the "upgrades" are to be added to the next event or the next QI "championship". If after people start planting them and then deleting them once they expire then no "upgrades" , this is so obvious when you see how they prepped for this test over the past 6 months. This is Inno's modus operandi and has been for over 2 years now. Don't forget Inno made ALL timed buildings unsellable and unstorable , this albatross has been planned for months. Notice the the gong requires a road , once it degrades you either keep it planted hoping for another "upgrade" that it "timed" so you will always need them. Or you don't plant the garbage , delete it and pretend you never saw it. This is the first time Inno is being totally transparent. Take a note that this is post 12 , come back here in 3 months and see how right I am :)

Johnny B. Goode

I think during development they might have changed their mind on what they were including in the pass and turned all the ascended upgrade kits into just extra buildings. Leaving the ascended upgrade kit unattainable.
That makes more sense than saying that a building is a kit. :)
Don't forget Inno made ALL timed buildings unsellable and unstorable
Check again. The Ascended Golden Dragon Gong and the Ascended Zheng's Golden Bell are both sellable in the AD, as are the level 1s and 2s. And the level 2 Golden Bell is storable, also. I'm assuming the Dragon Gong is, too, but I haven't planted one yet so I can't check that.

Sharmon the Impaler

It is sellable and storable AFTER it degrades. They will have the upgrades for sure the next event so people get tons of them for the Quantum 1% boost even if they do take a road for a 1X1. They are just creating a market for a new daily , not really creative of them.

Johnny B. Goode

It is sellable and storable AFTER it degrades. They will have the upgrades for sure the next event so people get tons of them for the Quantum 1% boost even if they do take a road for a 1X1. They are just creating a market for a new daily , not really creative of them.
You said the choice was either to plant it and hope for an upgrade in the future or just delete it. However, you can sell it direct from inventory, or you can wait until it degrades and store it then and then either keep it in inventory for the future or sell it to the AD.

Sharmon the Impaler

You said the choice was either to plant it and hope for an upgrade in the future or just delete it. However, you can sell it direct from inventory, or you can wait until it degrades and store it then and then either keep it in inventory for the future or sell it to the AD.
These are the first sellable timed buildings , we aren't being beta tested like I thought, the upgrades will be the common item and the level two and full ascended will be daily special rewards in the next 3 months. They are making a market for them this event.

Dominator - X

Once the 10 day time limit expires, how do I upgrade a L2 Gold Dragon Gong (GDG) back to an Ascended version? Is there a way to build an upgrade kit? I have Ascended GDG I won in the event but they are not upgrade kits, I have to burn down the expired one and replace it with a new one. Yet I also have level 1. level 2, upgrade kits for L1 to L2 and selection kits for L1 or an upgrade kit. None of which raise L2 to Ascended. What am I missing? The message on the op-up for the the Expired AGDG says Upgrades to Ascended but how?
View attachment 21757
We had the same question and posed it to INNO. After what it seemed like playing word games they finally acknowledged that the Ascended Upgrade Kits are not available in this event and "will likely appear at a later date". Why INNO does not just make that clear instead of hiding it, is just insane. It took several days and many back and forths to "pull" the info from them. But this is their answer.

Sharmon the Impaler

This would require a real programing team that documents all changes , storyboards everything , alpha tests , runs a tight version control , beta tests on a staging server , adjusts due to input from testing , alpha tests the changes , beta tests and if no additional valid RFCs come back then and only then it goes live. Inno has about 3 of these steps covered , you may as well ask them for a pony.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

The event info says that a level 2 can be upgraded with an "Ascended Upgrade Kit". I know that you can get the actual building, but that's not the question.
I have only seen the ascended upgrade kit from the tiles on the board on a dragon map. Otherwise, I have not seen anywhere else you can get them.