1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Summer event - spinning wheel

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yarm, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Yarm

Yarm New Member

Today and yesterday, I noticed that the wheel does not spin consistently.
    1. I hit spin button
    2. I let wheel spin 2 or 3 times then hit stop
    3. Wheel turns 30 to 45 degrees, was slowing down, then speeds up for about half a turn
    4. Did it 5 times this morning

Why doesn't the wheel just slow down after I hit the stop button? It consistently went by the top items and landed on something not even worth playing for. If it happened only once or twice, I would think it is just the way it is programed. But 5 times in a row - even after I logged off, closed my browser, and restarted the game.

2. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

The stop button only speeds up the animation. Basically, once you press stop it determines your prize (randomly) and spins the wheel to that point.

3. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

I wonder if the slowing down/speeding up that you are seeing is the result of the algorithm used to spin the wheel. When you hit the Spin button, the client communicates to the server which tells the client which prize you have won. The client then animates the wheel to stop at that prize.

It could be that the slowing down/speeding up is mostly an illusion.

4. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

By algorithm for spinning wheel are you referring to prize result or the animation?

When completing negotiations for DC I find the animation speeds up/ down there too. Yet the tick for completion happened before the animation began. So I think whatever the reason is for the speeding up/down for the wheel is linked to the animation itself rather then the result as that also ticks complete before the animation starts for Collect X quests

5. Yarm

Yarm New Member

So it ONLY happens in Arvahall. I play on 4 worlds - on Arvahall, even just 2 minutes ago, the wheel jumps/hesitates/ and basically does not spin evenly. And in Arvahall, I get the worst spins for both the wheel and moving the compass. Just really seems like the game is not set up the way it is in the other worlds I play in. In my other worlds, I do not see the wheel speed up after I hit the stop button. And it wasn't this way until this week.

6. Yarm

Yarm New Member

Neat that I am a new member and have been playing for 6 years....lol

7. vger

vger Active Member

And after 6 years, you still believe that the wheel animation matters? You still don't get that the prize is determined the instant you hit spin? That the stop button has no effect whatsoever?

And you still have no comprehension of how randomness works...lol