• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Super Bowl

• Thread starter Stephen Longshanks
  • Start date

Super Catanian

What even is the Super Bowl, and why does everyone get so hyped up about it like they're waiting for a second season of The Helpful Fox Senko-san?

DeletedUser

What even is the Super Bowl, and why does everyone get so hyped up about it like they're waiting for a second season of The Helpful Fox Senko-san?
It is the National Football League's championship game. American football. This was the 100th year of the NFL, and the 54th Super Bowl. The Kansas City Chiefs were in the first and fourth Super Bowls (although they weren't offically called "Super Bowl" until the third one in 1969), losing the first to the Green Bay Packers under Coach Vince Lombardi, for whom the Super Bowl trophy is named, and winning the fourth one over the Minnesota Vikings. The Super Bowl started when the NFL merged with the American Football League, forming a larger league with two conferences, the NFC (National Football Conference) and the AFC (American Football Conference). For the first four Super Bowls, the two leagues hadn't formally changed into one league with two conferences, making the Chiefs the last AFL Champion. Two weeks ago, the Chiefs won the AFC Championship game, winning the Lamar Hunt trophy, named after the founder of the Chiefs who was also one of the driving forces behind the formation of the AFL in 1960 as well as the NFL-AFL merger. Before the first Super Bowl after the 1966 season, the NFL and AFL had separate championship games and were fierce competitors for players coming out of college. The Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans, starting in Dallas in 1960 and moving to KC and becoming the Chiefs in 1963. The AFL existed for 10 years before formally merging with the NFL, and the Texans/Chiefs won three of their ten league championships, in 1962, 1966 and 1969.

Super Catanian

It is the National Football League's championship game. American football. This was the 100th year of the NFL, and the 54th Super Bowl. The Kansas City Chiefs were in the first and fourth Super Bowls (although they weren't offically called "Super Bowl" until the third one in 1969), losing the first to the Green Bay Packers under Coach Vince Lombardi, for whom the Super Bowl trophy is named, and winning the fourth one over the Minnesota Vikings. The Super Bowl started when the NFL merged with the American Football League, forming a larger league with two conferences, the NFC (National Football Conference) and the AFC (American Football Conference). For the first four Super Bowls, the two leagues hadn't formally changed into one league with two conferences, making the Chiefs the last AFL Champion. Two weeks ago, the Chiefs won the AFC Championship game, winning the Lamar Hunt trophy, named after the founder of the Chiefs who was also one of the driving forces behind the formation of the AFL in 1960 as well as the NFL-AFL merger. Before the first Super Bowl after the 1966 season, the NFL and AFL had separate championship games and were fierce competitors for players coming out of college. The Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans, starting in Dallas in 1960 and moving to KC and becoming the Chiefs in 1963. The AFL existed for 10 years before formally merging with the NFL, and the Texans/Chiefs won three of their ten league championships, in 1962, 1966 and 1969.
Thanks.

Super Catanian

What even is The Helpful Fox Senko-San?? :p
[3-paragraph lore essay involving Shinto, the main religion of Japan has been REDACTED]

Gee thanks, you made me [redacted search engine] that. It's some kind of horrible anime (which is a redundant phrase).
It's not horrible, but that's what the generation gap does to someone. No need to get into an argument over that.

Super Catanian

Generation gap's over rated, I have to admit I secretly like some anime (haven't watched in a while), and I'm older than SL :cool:
I agree.

Yeah, it's not like anime was invented yesterday. "Generation gap" has nothing to do with it. I hated it when I was young too. ;)
That's our difference, except I also hated it when I was young, but now I watch it all the time. And, before anyone asks, no I am not a degenerate.