• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Supply Squeezes and Other Noob Questions

Batorex

Yo. I just started about a week or 2 ago. I have restarted about 6 times, improving a little bit each time.

First (not a question), it would be great if more advanced players could write out the full names of things the first time they use them in their posts. I could figure out what a GBG is, but there are a lot of such abbreviations.

Q1 - What is the most common noob cause of coin and supply shortages? I don't use diamonds, and so far I have always ended up in slo-mo playing. In my latest restart, I was able to conquer Hymir province easily, but I might have bought a couple infiltrators and after each sector, a good bit of my currency went to bringing the troops back to health.

Q2 - I've seen a bit about this already, but does it make sense to skip certain techs and quests? In my last round I have more techs than I can use given my coin/supply squeeze.

Q3 - Since I'm new, I would rather not participate in the soccer stuff. It looks like I can just ignore it. Can I?

Thanks

The Lady Redneck

OK first thing is to realize this game is not one to be played fast. the greatest asset you can bring to your game is patience. You need to take your time with it. It is by trying to run before you can even crawl never mind walk that gets you bogged down and going nowhere. The most common causes of shortages is using stuff before you have enough of it behind you. The game has been going for over 9 years and good players are still having to take their time in order to advance.

Do not rush the Cmap (Continent map) you get quests to do. Some you will find you can ignore, others you will find of great value if you repeat them. The first thing to do is as soon as you can join a guild join a big one with open access and aid everyone in it then leave, then go to another one and do the same thing. this is called Guild hopping and is a great way to build up your coin in the beginning. Also work on your Tavern Keep the silver you collect in it to do nothing else but upgrade it until it is completed. (it will take a while) Aim to have the pink checked tablecloth before you leave Bronze age. The tablecloth gives friends who visit you a chance of a free FP (Forge Point) evert time they visit you. And you get the chance of a free FP when you visit your friends taverns providing they have tablecloths.

You can skip some side quests. but not techs, you need to do them. Once you are in Iron age stop doing the techs when you reach the military Tactics one. Do not complete it. As once you do you can be attacked and plundered. Be patient as sit there until you have the GB's (Great Buildings) you will need.

Also build only the boosted goods buildings you get the boosts for in the Cmap. You get 2 in each age. Build them and use the goods they produce to trade for the others on the market.

And when you are doing this get into a good guild that accepts newer players and helps them. Ask your questions there. You may have to try a few guilds before you find the right one for you. And most will not have open membership. you will need to apply.

Ironrooster

Q3. You can ignore it, but I would not. When I started last October, the Halloween Event started a couple of days later. I wasn't able to do all the quests, but I did get some daily special buildings - 2 black towers, and did get the main building up to level 4. These really helped out my coins, supplies, goods, and forge points just starting out.

Batorex

OK first thing is to realize this game is not one to be played fast. the greatest asset you can bring to your game is patience. You need to take your time with it. It is by trying to run before you can even crawl never mind walk that gets you bogged down and going nowhere. The most common causes of shortages is using stuff before you have enough of it behind you. The game has been going for over 9 years and good players are still having to take their time in order to advance.

Do not rush the Cmap (Continent map) you get quests to do. Some you will find you can ignore, others you will find of great value if you repeat them. The first thing to do is as soon as you can join a guild join a big one with open access and aid everyone in it then leave, then go to another one and do the same thing. this is called Guild hopping and is a great way to build up your coin in the beginning. Also work on your Tavern Keep the silver you collect in it to do nothing else but upgrade it until it is completed. (it will take a while) Aim to have the pink checked tablecloth before you leave Bronze age. The tablecloth gives friends who visit you a chance of a free FP (Forge Point) evert time they visit you. And you get the chance of a free FP when you visit your friends taverns providing they have tablecloths.

You can skip some side quests. but not techs, you need to do them. Once you are in Iron age stop doing the techs when you reach the military Tactics one. Do not complete it. As once you do you can be attacked and plundered. Be patient as sit there until you have the GB's (Great Buildings) you will need.

Also build only the boosted goods buildings you get the boosts for in the Cmap. You get 2 in each age. Build them and use the goods they produce to trade for the others on the market.

And when you are doing this get into a good guild that accepts newer players and helps them. Ask your questions there. You may have to try a few guilds before you find the right one for you. And most will not have open membership. you will need to apply.

Thanks for the great tips. I was attacking the Cmap sectors without having been given a quest at times, not knowing any better. Also, I didn't know what the little icon in each sector meant. They must be the boosts... that's a huge tip you gave me. (btw, I've also finally found the guide!) When I first heard about the tactic of going from guild to guild to get coins, it seemed like hacking the system, but I guess everyone likes to be aided! Re the pink checked tablecloth, I have to wait to behold its wonder!

Batorex

Q3. You can ignore it, but I would not. When I started last October, the Halloween Event started a couple of days later. I wasn't able to do all the quests, but I did get some daily special buildings - 2 black towers, and did get the main building up to level 4. These really helped out my coins, supplies, goods, and forge points just starting out.

Thanks Ironrooster. I'll start again and do that!

The Lady Redneck

Yeah do not ignore the Event, do it for the rewards you will get fot thr training games and the tournament.. But do not stress out going after the End prize. And you will not see much nuch of a result yourself from your pink tablecloth. The result you will see is when you visit a friends tavern that has a tablecloth and win a FP. doesn not happen every time, but I make a10 FPs a day And to find active friends, when you visit a friends tavern send invites to any you see sitting in there. If they are already visiting taverns they are active players.

FairCatia

I also highly recommend participating in the event, especially when you're new. The quests are much easier and very rewarding. (As is participation in the training/matches.) I haven't done any quests for the event in my age since it *starts* at paying 18,000 supplies. Ha! I have a hard time building up to 6,000 right now.

P.S. that's a great tip about finding active friends.

The Lady Redneck

Another tip for finding active friends is to go to global where you see the list of all players in your world. look for players with high battle numbers (the higher that is the more active they are) Also start from page one send FRs to a couple on every page until about half your FL is made up of high end players. They are most likely to be active, plus when you aid them you get the chance of BPs for higher level GBs. Not all will accept, but enough will. Aim to hve at least half of your FL made up of players from higher ranks. But the same goes for them as any other. If they do not aid you back and visit your tavern at least 3 times a week, dump them. Just make sure to empty your tavern as soon as it is full so you make room for others to get in.

Wwwoodchuck

Welcome to the game!

Q1. The most common cause is not having good, balanced, city productions. Too many houses, not enough houses, not enough production buildings (for supplies), too many production buildings… The first goal for you is to try and balance coins, supplies and producing goods while having just enough population and keeping them happy. It is not easy and takes a while. It will take a lot of selling and building houses, happiness buildings, production buildings (for supplies) and houses (for coins and population). You do not want a lot of idle population or unhappy population. Make use of every single tile, leave no tile empty! It also takes a lot of rearranging, which is a learning process.

Space is the limiting factor and learning to make the most out of what you have is top priority in the game. It is the first thing you need to master and will be of value the entire game.

Q2. Skipping dead end Techs can help later in the game if you decide to go ahead on the campaign map for advanced troops and expansions. You can skip some dead-end techs and not affect your growth. It is better to go slow when you first start rather than rush anything. Get your city up, running and producing first. Some quests you can ‘abort’ and skip. It is beneficial to a starting player to try and do as many as you can. It will challenge you to get your city running smoothly.

Q3. Always participate even if you do not get the full level main building! Many of the secondary prizes will be beneficial to a young city. Do what you can but concentrate more on getting your city up and running. The main event building will be available in next year’s event so you will get a chance to get the remaining levels you will need. I would recommend holding onto them.

Ebeondi Asi

Foe is not easy. it takes thinking and strategy to make it work. The early problems are balancing population. happy, enough Coins and supplies to feed the Goods buildings. once you al that stuff under some control, new problems pop up you have to solve. Joining Guilds, LOL the entire game has problems of one kind or another to solve. and, generally, once you have the problems solved for your Era, time to move up again and find new ones to work on.

UP ONLINE

Happy buildings is A waist of spice as you age up Streets can make your people happy And some event buildings give happy ness
GBG= guild battlegrounds