• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Support Pool Bonus - What does it mean?

DeletedUser24692

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I am new enough not to know many things about this game. I have also searched through threads, using the search bar in the forum, and could not find an answer to my question. In my guild we have gained some levels through HoF's. Some of my members want to/are trying to start playing on the GvG map (I myself am not ready to, as I don't think we have a chance in any map, but either way..): What is the Guilds "Support Pool"? How is it calculated? Does the support pool for say, a level 2-3 Guild give ANY attack/defense bonuses in GvG fighting? If anyone could please answer any or all of these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

DeletedUser9184

Further Explanations - Support Pool

What is the Support Pool and Support Bonus?
Support Pool is a component that used along with the Support Factor to determine the Support Bonus in a province. The Support Bonus boosts your defending (and sometimes siege) armies in your sectors.

How do I increase the support pool for the guild?
There are only 2 bonuses that increase the support pool:
  • Fierce Resistance -This bonus from certain Great Buildings helps the a player when defending their city and also contributes to the support pool for the guild. This bonus will increase the support pool by 3 every level until level 10. This bonus can be found in Saint Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle
  • Support Pool Bonus - This bonus can only increase the support pool from the guild. It can be found in the Observatory (increases the support pool by 10 every level until level 10) and also from leveling your guild (check the "Level" tab in your guild for the specifics).

What is the Support Factor?
The Support Factor is another component that will lower the total support bonus in a province. The higher the province's age you participate in, the greater the Support Factor which means the less Support Bonus there will be to spread across your sectors.

How do you determine the total Support Bonus for a province?
Simple. Support Pool / Support Factor = Total Support Bonus. It does not matter how many sectors you have in other provinces since the support pool is applied to each province separately.

How is the total Support Bonus distributed?
Once you determine the total support bonus in the province, the first place that the support bonus fills is the headquarter (HQ). If there is any left over, the remaining is distributed to the sectors adjacent to (or one hex away from) the HQ. If there is any left over after that, the remaining is now distributed to all the sectors two hexes away from the HQ. If there is still any remaining, it will then be distributed to all the sectors three hexes away and so on until the Support Bonus runs out or until all of the sectors are filled to their maximum capacity. A few things to note:

• The maximum support bonus/boost a sector can hold matters on which province you are battling on:
    MapMax outpost bonusMax HQ bonus
    Iron Age0%25%
    EMA10%35
    HMA20%45%
    LMA30%55%
    Colonial40%65%
    IndA and after50%75%
  • If the guild's HQ is moved, you must wait for the daily calculation to occur for the Support Bonus distribution to start from there.
  • A siege army can get a boost as long as it's still there after the daily calculation and if there is enough support pool remaining for it. It follows the same rules, so a siege placed adjacent to your guild's HQ would get the same boost as any other sector that is adjacent to your guild's HQ.
  • If a sector is disconnected from the HQ, it cannot obtain any support bonus. If another guild disconnects a boosted sector, it will remain boosted until the daily calculation. Not 100% sure on this, but I believe a sieged sector can connect sectors.
  • In this example:
    GIox7I9.png

If the orange dot is the HQ, the blue dot is only three hexes away from the HQ (even though it is taking 4 sectors to connect it), so it will gain the same support bonus as the yellow dot.
  • Using the same example, if there is only 20 support bonus left when it gets to the sectors with the yellow and blue dot, it will split the remaining across both sectors, so they would both get an even 10% boost

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3679

The observatory also adds to the support pool

Perhaps that is why byeordie said exactly that in his post?

• Support Pool Bonus - This bonus can only increase the support pool from the guild. It can be found in the Observatory (increases the support pool by 10 every level until level 10) and also from leveling your guild (check the "Level" tab in your guild for the specifics).

DeletedUser24692

Thank you guys very much, this was extremely informative, very in depth, and probably the best answer to a question I have ever recieved via any forum online! Much appreciated guys! Thank you.

DeletedUser9184

You're welcome! If there's anything that you would like to be explained further, please let me know :)

DeletedUser26532

Is it possible to find out what the factor is for each province?

Because while I can calculate the total support pool for our guild (with difficulty, this should really be summarized in the Guild tabs somewhere), but I don't know how its divided down in the maps to get the % bonuses.

DeletedUser26965

Is it possible to find out what the factor is for each province?

Because while I can calculate the total support pool for our guild (with difficulty, this should really be summarized in the Guild tabs somewhere), but I don't know how its divided down in the maps to get the % bonuses.
Go to the Province map and hover your mouse over a sector, in the pop up info box will be the Support Factor number.

Agent327

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_vs_Guild

Support pool

Every guild has a "support pool", which gives bonuses in GvG warfare. A guild's support pool is calculated from the guild's level and certain buildings that its members have. It gives a percentage bonus to the attack and defense of all units of that guild in this sector.

The support pool is distributed among sectors controlled by a guild, with the guild HQ taking precedence, before adjacent sectors receive a bonus, and then sectors further away after that. You can see a support bonus by hovering your mouse over an army. Defending armies and siege armies can have a support bonus if they are in range. A guild's support pool is recalculated every day, when the countdown ends.

WendyEJ

Go to the Province map and hover your mouse over a sector, in the pop up info box will be the Support Factor number.
does that include all the provinces??

I am at Fel Dranghyr. Sector map shows me what I can get. If I click on the province sector it lets me choose between fight or negotiate

Perhaps it only works if you are higher up at a higher level

Agent327

does that include all the provinces??

I am at Fel Dranghyr. Sector map shows me what I can get. If I click on the province sector it lets me choose between fight or negotiate

Perhaps it only works if you are higher up at a higher level

You can not negotiate in GvG.