• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Surplus Tavern Silver

RunAroundSue

Is there anything that can be done with surplus Tavern Silver once the table size, trays, and cloths are maxed out? I keep collecting them but not much to do with them after doing boosts, etc, in the Tavern Shop. They continue to grow. Thanks.

DevaCat

Spending it in the tavern shop is all you can do with it normally, although some quests will require spending it as well. I’ve seen a few proposals for new uses for tavern silver in the past but afaik nothings made it into the game.

If for some reason you want to get rid of some quickly, I hear that city shield thing does the trick :)

RunAroundSue

Spending it in the tavern shop is all you can do with it normally, although some quests will require spending it as well. I’ve seen a few proposals for new uses for tavern silver in the past but afaik nothings made it into the game.

If for some reason you want to get rid of some quickly, I hear that city shield thing does the trick :)
Thanks.

spartacus2.0

Nah the best way is to use 1:3 merchants- burns about 23 k sliver every 4 hours instead of the city shield which burns 22k for 72 hours

Just An Observer

It would be fun to be able to spend tavern silver on a Barkeeper and a Barmaid avatar. Add in a reskinning of the tavern to show famous drinking places like the Frolic Room, Tavern On The Green, 21 Club and such as another option in exchange for paying tavern silver.

cathea

Nah the best way is to use 1:3 merchants- burns about 23 k sliver every 4 hours instead of the city shield which burns 22k for 72 hours
Sorry spartacus2.0 I do not understand your reference do you can you explain to a newbie please? ty,

Johnny B. Goode

Sorry spartacus2.0 I do not understand your reference do you can you explain to a newbie please? ty,
It's a Tavern boost. When you open the Tavern shop, it shows the page with the coin and supply boosts at the top. Scroll all the way down and there are boosts to reduce the ratio that the default Merchants in the Market offer for trading goods. The boost that changes the ratio from 1:10 down to 1:3 costs 23,500 Tavern silver for 4 hours. If your sole aim is to get rid of "excess" Tavern silver, that boost is the quickest way to get rid of it. (His reply is snark, he's not seriously suggesting that anyone waste their Tavern silver in that way.)

The Lady Redneck

@cathea As you say you are a newbie to the game. I would keep all you can of everything you can. Be it Tavern silver, goods(past as well as present age), supplies, coin, medals, FPs Diamonds, Trade coin and gems for the AD. Try to stock pile everything. FOE is a long term game many people have been playing it for 9 -10 years and they still continue to gather all they can. This game has many different ways to play it and as you progress and get to know more that you can do in it, your ideas of what you want to get out of the game will change. So the bigger the stock of everything you can gather, the easier it will be for you to change directions or try new ideas. In my main world I have over 1.5 million Tavern silver and I know many people who have a lot more than that.

Stay Rita

I tend to burn through mine. Use it for the construction/recruitment buffs when I age up a city, almost always have the attack boost running during a GbG season, extra turns for GE. Might as well do something with it

perfect example of what to do!

Loren1979

Using the silver for the extra turn in GE is quicker than GBG negotiations and makes SC attempts less time consuming. Using one GE boost per day still allows your silver to accumulate slowly for attack boosts when needed. My stash is just under 400,000 after almost 3 years.

Last edited: