• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Taishan

• Thread starter DeletedUser34548
  • Start date

DeletedUser34548

This is about Taishan guild in World Atoo.

This guild is for people who want to play the game freely and fully, without pages of arbitrary rules. We do have rules but they mostly amount to commonplace.

Visitors are welcome! If you want to stay, why not? You don't need to have played for years. You do need to check:

Rule #1: Communicate!

A guild is a team and no player can go far without teamwork. Cooperation requires communication. Silent players will probably do better elsewhere.

Our system is informal: Relax and enjoy. We expect you to be sensible and responsible for yourself. If someone tells you you're doing wrong, stop and think. If you are asked to leave, it's not personal. Not everyone fits everywhere.

Everyone is welcome to share ideas. But "everyone must" may fail to gain traction. We think we don't need to be ordered around. If you need orders, you'd better get them somewhere else. Of course, questions are fine!

FoE places many odd restrictions on trade. We do not have more trading rules. If you make unrealistic offers, perhaps nobody will want them. If you accept, why complain? Caveat emptor!

We have a different style of GB thread. The other side of that is:

Rule #2: No swap chains.

We do work together and we discuss how best to do that.

Atoo is a new world and in Taishan we have new ideas. To paraphrase FDR:

This game demands bold, persistent experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it: If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

We hope you will enjoy your time in Taishan.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34548

台山

SfTeIEL.jpg

Taishan is a real place in Guangdong, not far from Guangzhou (Canton). Half a million Chinese-Americans hail from Taishan.

743px-Hells_Angels%2C_Flying_Tigers_1942.jpg

Many Flying Tigers came from Taishan. We honor their bravery.

I hope you will decide to learn more about Taishan .

eYzn3Ik.jpg

DeletedUser34548

We have founded.

Structure of guild is currently discussed freely among members in Atoo and is subject to change as new ideas mature.

If you wish to discuss these ideas seriously then please ask to join the ingame foundation thread in Atoo. Just PM me to be added to the group.

This forum thread is for actual guild business.

DeletedUser31440

We do not have swap chains. Anyone is free to put FPs on any GB, anytime in any quantity. Once all slots are taken, the owner may be wise to level, since no more profit remains for others.

That's an interesting approach, good luck.

DeletedUser34548

[no swap chains] an interesting approach, good luck.

No, we changed our theory about this. Nothing is settled yet. We won't work swap conventionally.

After a huge discussion, we've returned to our original plan: no swap chains. Currently we have a single thread in which anyone may post GBs.

In another guild, a person blew up for over four hours, cursing and ranting (at me, at many members) because he didn't get what he expected from swap. Nobody can guarantee these expectations; so it's wise to do nothing to create them.

Taishan's goal is to be a pleasant home. There's no need for drama.

You'll see changes here. Thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser34548

How are the numbers looking?

We have not yet founded; soon maybe.

We have founded. Residents are joining and we just had our first tourist! :)

I don't think any reason to consider results for months: Rome was not built in a day.

Darth Mole

So let me just check - you started a thread about a guild a month ago. You've not yet founded that guild.
When you do create it you won't have any rules - no swap threads - trade whatever you like - aid whenever you like presumably. You only want experienced players by the sounds of things.

Sounds blummin' awesome can you add me to the waiting list. I assume there must be a waiting list right?

DeletedUser34548

So let me just check - you started a thread about a guild a month ago... you won't have any rules...

You're checked. Forum thread written last Monday. We call that a "week".

We already have rules but they're informal. People who demand formal rules get cut. This is a guild business thread. If you want to discuss the thing from the outside, please wait for the Forge Hall discussion thread or create your own.

DeletedUser

We have not yet founded; soon maybe.
So let me just check - you started a thread about a guild a month ago. You've not yet founded that guild.
So, have you started this guild or haven't you?
You're checked.

Please don't be a dickhead. Free world but why? This is a guild business thread.

If you want to discuss the thing from the outside, wait for the Forge Hall discussion thread or create your own. No need to pee here.

I have to say, you get one civil reply and this is it.

Thank you.
You think this is a civil reply?

DeletedUser34548

So, have you started this guild or haven't you?

Who can think of a proper way to explain the meaning of "not yet" without giving offense? You demand a rude answer. What's wrong with you, to go picking fights? Maybe nobody likes you.

We had a tomcat sprayed pee everywhere, we cut off his balls, better for everyone. You might think this rude... he did... but it's a fact.

You think this is a civil reply?

I think this is all you get. After this, it's nasty talk.

DeletedUser

Who can think of a proper way to explain the meaning of "not yet" without giving offense? You demand a rude answer. What's wrong with you, to go picking fights? Maybe nobody likes you.
I am not picking fights, nor am I demanding a rude answer. Your inconsistent use of language makes it unclear what you mean when you say...
We have not yet founded;
...in response to...
How are the numbers looking?
This answer of yours, given your unclear wording, could mean that you haven't founded the guild, or it could mean that you haven't yet found the information. I am merely asking for clarification, without insults or rude language. The other factor making it unclear what you mean, is that most people don't recruit for a guild that doesn't exist. There's no point, because nobody can join a nonexistent guild. So, if you don't mind, answer the simple question of whether the guild has been started. Yes or no.

DeletedUser

No. I'm not your houseboy.
Listen, I'm just asking for a clarification of what you meant. I am trying not to be insulting. Lots of people post things that are not always clear to the reader for various reasons. I explained why I (and others) are unsure of what exactly you meant. When someone doesn't clearly understand something I say, I try to make it clearer. I don't insult them, I look at what I wrote and try to think how I can improve my way of expressing it so it is clearer. In this case, all you have to do is answer with a single word. Yes or no. Have you already founded the guild?

DeletedUser34548

You have been given a place to vent your frustration at me. This isn't it. If you want, ask moderator to open up the vent and you can cut loose... there. Or create your new hate thread, I don't object. But here, we're trying to build something.

Thank you.

DeletedUser34548

I accept your apology and offer my apology in return for any mystery or unnecessary sharpness.

This is a guild business thread. It's posted in a subforum set aside for Angkor, "Atoo" since it can't be the first "A". As such, I didn't expect explanation would be required that this is merely the welcome thread for Taishan guild, of interest only to those playing in Atoo, and probably only to players who have just joined us, randomly.

There may be general interest in the theory behind Taishan but since the theory is changing, there's nothing firm to discuss. There may be general interest in the outcome but we haven't yet founded and I would find nothing to say for a long time except Wow, we're off. New things always wobble on takeoff and experiments crash. So it will be a long time before there is anything at all worth saying about Taishan; and a good chance nobody will ever say much. Failure is always a hazard.

Now that we're clear, I hope, we can all go our separate ways. Perhaps we'll meet properly on the battlefield. Maybe you'll visit us, if we survive. Until then, I think we're all done.

DeletedUser

This is a guild business thread.
No, it's actually not. First, because this is a public forum, not a private one. Second, because you apparently haven't even started the guild yet, so by definition you can't have anything but a guild concept. And now you have finally confirmed the meaning of your statement that I was seeking clarification on. I don't know why you couldn't have just answered the question the first time without being nasty and rude about it. o_O

DeletedUser31498

We had a tomcat sprayed pee everywhere, we cut off his balls, better for everyone. You might think this rude... he did... but it's a fact.

I think this is all you get. After this, it's nasty talk.

HAHA love this post! I'd be interesting in the guild merely for this message alone!