• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Tavern Boosts and the Daily Challenge

RazorbackPirate

I've been running 24 hour coin or supply boosts from the tavern on a regular basis lately. Anecdotally, it appears that if there is a tavern boost running at the time you select your chest for the Daily Challenge, you won't get the "Activate x number of Boosts from the Tavern"

Does anyone know for sure if this is the case? I would hate to have a 24 hour boost running, then select a chest, and have a task asking for 3 more boosts. No way, I'm spending 50 diamonds to activate the second boost just to satisfy a DC quest.

DeletedUser

That would mesh with the way the other tasks work. I'm interested in whether this is verified, also, as I'm tired of getting the boost task on Monday when it won't let you activate the extra turn boost.

DeletedUser26965

RazorbackPirate

Hmmm, maybe I'll play the 50+ comments game so I can argue unnecessarily on and on, page after page so I can pretend I have super secret knowledge and let you guess which server the answer is on, or I can be just a normal decent human and post it;

Thanks for this confirmation. I was hoping this was the case. Now that I know for sure, I'll just kick off the 24 hour boost I want before choosing the chest.

On the rare occasion that I need to take a province, I'll send the scout, but when I get the notification they're done scouting, I won't go to the Map until after I've selected the chest. Until you go to the map, Story Quests won't complete, so DC can't see it either. Selecting the chest first, DC never gives sector or province tasks. I'll take the entire province before I select the DC chest the following day, and with nothing else scouted, DC never sees it.

I wonder how many other work-arounds there are that will keep certain tasks from activating?