• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fixed Tavern Military Boost

• Thread starter DeletedUser27573
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27573

I used two military boost from tavern at the same time. Attacker boost for 4 hours and defender boost for 48 hours. However only attack boost appears on my military units' stats. Defend boost doesnt appear at all.

DeletedUser13360

I used two military boost from tavern at the same time. Attacker boost for 4 hours and defender boost for 48 hours. However only attack boost appears on my military units' stats. Defend boost doesnt appear at all.
The defense boost is for your city, not your military units going into battle.

DeletedUser28132

Yes, in other words the defense bonus is worthless. Just use the city shield if you want a city defense. God forbid FoE should make things like this clearer.

DeletedUser8152

Well the shield is considerably more expensive than the defense boost.

iamtheemperor

Yes, in other words the defense bonus is worthless. Just use the city shield if you want a city defense. God forbid FoE should make things like this clearer.
The statements below are taken from the wiki (for copy and paste reasons), which is verbatim how it's worded in the game:

Attacker Boost ... Grants your attacking army a 10% boost on their attack values!

Defender Boost ... Grants your defending army a 10% boost on their defense values!

Emphasis mine.

Not sure how much clearer it could be.

Feirefis

I also fell for that wording. So i bought the 48h defense boost. And worst of it, i can not stop the boost.
Not only the wording was confusing. I also want to point out, that if this not supposed to strengthen the defense of attacking armies, there is not option in the tavern to do so.
So there is a option missing in tavern to strengthen defense of attacking armies.

wolfhoundtoo

It is actually worded correctly the way that it is written (assuming of course you read more than the title).

DeletedUser14197

I think the reason it confuses some of us is because our attacking army has a defense boost and we tend to immediately think of that.

DeletedUser25273

Inno has been very consistent in their terminology, of who is the Attacking Army and who is the Defending Army. The problem is too many people forget about their defending army, and think Defender/Defending = Defense. It might make sense to change the term in this case to City Defense as that is the only Defending Army that will be affected.

dirty jam

being a troll has got to be a constitutional right? or are we so dense that we cannot read? defense is defense. attack is attack. according to FOE's wording my passive guarding armies in GVG should be able to have excess defense when attacked because i have a passive shielding. Thank you trolls for not being capable of pointing out this FOE discrepancy.

dirty jam

The statements below are taken from the wiki (for copy and paste reasons), which is verbatim how it's worded in the game:

Attacker Boost ... Grants your attacking army a 10% boost on their attack values!

Defender Boost ... Grants your defending army a 10% boost on their defense values!

Emphasis mine.

Not sure how much clearer it could be.
dang it, where's the other button? - you know the thumbs down brahahaa

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
being a troll has got to be a constitutional right? or are we so dense that we cannot read? defense is defense. attack is attack. according to FOE's wording my passive guarding armies in GVG should be able to have excess defense when attacked because i have a passive shielding. Thank you trolls for not being capable of pointing out this FOE discrepancy.
Great necro. It really needed that.

ExtraMile

dang it, where's the other button? - you know the thumbs down brahahaa
*sigh*

Dude. This thread is 3 years old, and I highly doubt that anybody (except you obviously) cares about it’s contents any longer. Not only did you necro an old thread, but you did so in a highly confrontational manner. Do think people are going to take you seriously while you attempt to start arguments over posts that haven’t been seen or thought about in years? And you are accusing others of being trolls?

Please think before you post.

dirty jam

*sigh*

Dude. This thread is 3 years old, and I highly doubt that anybody (except you obviously) cares about it’s contents any longer. Not only did you necro an old thread, but you did so in a highly confrontational manner. Do think people are going to take you seriously while you attempt to start arguments over posts that haven’t been seen or thought about in years? And you are accusing others of being trolls?

Please think before you post.
you did, now where's my coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.