• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tavern Shop Ideas...

DeletedUser27898

I would like to propose a new TAB for those of us farmers. Maybe a TAB to use Silver to boost goods production. Then for the advanced 14-16 seats, a boost for goods in GB's. The current boosts are not very worthwhile for those of us that are not a fighter or someone that needs resources. I'm spending a ton of time on this Tavern yet, in the end, the benefit "Silver" does me little good in my style of play.

DeletedUser25273

City Shield might be a good thing for you, as it makes you plunder proof, since Goods building otherwise can't be protected by motivation.

DeletedUser8152

Not sure I'd want it to be so easy to get a BP from above your age.

DeletedUser27898

Not sure I'd want it to be so easy to get a BP from above your age.

Very Simple...Limit them to each player's current age or earlier. Just lock them until each player reaches that era. I don't have all the details. Staff would have to calculate the silver cost as well. I only added numbers in for examples. I just think it is a good way to get those of us who are farmers to care about the Tavern at all. As it is now, it is pretty much useless for myself. I'm still very active with it and have maxed out the upgrades but if useful things are not added i will just stop messing with it altogether and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Thanks for your consideration. I will also expand on my first suggestion with a graphic when i get time.

Zaph

I'd like to propose that we be able to use tavern silver to "purchase" the ability to invite more friends, and also to accept more invitations for friendship. It might even be a workable thought to purchase more neighbors in our neighborhoods- now that we are all going to be getting new neighborhoods very soon.
I realize that it might take several thousand silver to do this, but I would like more people as friends. It would help me be able to sit at more taverns, and perhaps get forge points.

DeletedUser27439

i like the idea maybe say buy candle for table like table cloth but instead of just giving a BP how about odds of getting a free BP for visiting likethe table cloth gives odds of getting a FP as for the age of BP what difference does it make if I can if 40 out of 80 friends have over a million points and are in the Tomorrow, future, or even artic future I get BPs for aiding them even if I don't have the goods for it as a matter of fact I have BPS for like 10 GBs I don't have room or goods for

DeletedUser27439

I like Zaph idea too more friends means more help to give and get plus bonuses for goods for us farmers as not everyone fights I trade goods for sectors all the time

DeletedUser6120

I would like to propose a new TAB for those of us farmers. Maybe a TAB to use Silver to boost goods production. Then for the advanced 14-16 seats, a boost for goods in GB's. The current boosts are not very worthwhile for those of us that are not a fighter or someone that needs resources. I'm spending a ton of time on this Tavern yet, in the end, the benefit "Silver" does me little good in my style of play.

I must agree. I loved the Tavern, and played it every day. So now I am maxed out of everything. No more upgrades available. And the boosts are ok, but not all that useful for players who have a good supply of resources. So I will mostly use the boosts for building (which I don't do that often), or gathering more supplies, or sometimes the military boosts for use in Expedition.

What I would really like to see is a boost for the production of goods, that you can purchase with tavern silver. Or allowing you to purchase goods that you do not produce yourself. That would be a useful addition to the Tavern store.

I also think that the designers are going to have to add some upgrades to the Tavern, a few new table cloths, maybe decorative trays, a new flooring? Place settings? Maybe table decorations for various holidays and seasons? The Tavern is popular, and more and more players are going to be finding themselves maxed out before long.

DeletedUser11991

why make tavern also a trade stand where you can trade items for items you dont have like you could trade 2 store buildings for 1 renew or a one up kit you can trade 2 decorations for 1 blue print just something for people to get rid of all the junk they have in storage that they wont use ..

DeletedUser29206

I like the idea of silver buying blueprints :) -- perhaps if not a direct buy then an opportunity to trade off duplicates in the tavern fora certain amount of silver.

at the moment I have multiple duplicates that are useless, it would be nice to have a mechanism to trade these out. Trading two for one is useless when you already have the full blueprint. so the thought here is taking those to the tavern and trying for some alternate building but it costs silver to do so.

1. you can only trade duplicates from great buildings where you have the full blue print
2. the blueprint you get in exchange is also completely random ... if necessary limit to within one or two ages of a player's current age.
3. make it escalating swaps, i.e. 5000 silver 4:1 -- 10,000 silver 3:1 -- 15,000 silver 2:1 -- 20,000 silver 1:1

perhaps you can do this with goods, forge points, and medals too, where silver can be used at a chance to spin a wheel. then based on a defined exchange value of the input they get same value or double the value in forge points, medals, goods, or even diamonds.
for example:
as an input
1 forge point = 1 diamond , 10 goods current era, 1 medal
as an output:
if a player puts in 5 forge points then he has a chance at even exchange for an alternate item say 5000 silver, with a 5% chance at doubling his input, no choice on return item.
for 10000 silver he gets a 10 percent chance at doubling his return on one of the item of his choice
for 20000 silver a 20 percent chance on a selected item.
for 30000 silver a 30 percent chance on a selected item.
so a player would need to spend 10k in silver or more to add weight on an item they choose.

it would make the tavern fun for those who have no where else to spend their silver, it would also burn thru silver really fast.

DeletedUser27218

If I was to add anything or see something added,........ I think it would be attack boosts for defense and defense boosts for attack

DeletedUser29776

I would like to suggest that an active Tavern Resource Boosts can be terminated any time, once activated. Of course at a loss of all Tavern silver spent on the boost.

DeletedUser29536

why make tavern also a trade stand where you can trade items for items you dont have like you could trade 2 store buildings for 1 renew or a one up kit you can trade 2 decorations for 1 blue print just something for people to get rid of all the junk they have in storage that they wont use ..
and do we get the junk

DeletedUser6892

I think there is already enough opportunity for BPs in the game- and cherry picking which GB you'd get a BP for is overkill imo. Of course I'd take advantage of it if it went through but I don't see a need to push for it. However, I do think we could incorporate an option to purchase an increase to the likelihood of acquiring a BP through aiding. Every player is limited to aiding friends, guildies and neighbors so we should all have an approximately equal likelihood of getting BPs from aiding. So a minor increase would be fair and not overkill. The three purchase levels could reflect some miniscule percentage increase over the base level- so for X amount of silver we'd get an addition 1 or 2%, up to 5 or 6% for the highest expenditure.

My tavern style is totally predictable- Once GE is over I select either the max boost to coins or supplies (even if I have more than I could use in either- just because I have so much silver in most worlds that there is no point in hoarding it) or during the week I leave it open for an extra GE turn or shield or unit gen bonus/ building bonus if that is really necessary- it rarely is.

The tavern feature is great. I'm a big fan of it and it has absolutely increased the social aspect of the game but it needs to have some expanded functionality.