• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Taverns and spending silver

DeletedUser

Extra turn and upgrades
The q is - in what order should upgrades be done to faster achieve that orgasmic state when silver debit exceeds credit lol
The advice I've seen, and that I follow, is to alternate between expanding the table, adding chairs and upgrading the table cloth. Then work on the tray and floor after those are maximized.

DeletedUser38275

Extra turn and upgrades
The q is - in what order should upgrades be done to faster achieve that orgasmic state when silver debit exceeds credit lol
The obvious is to do the table (+seats) and the tray (+silver). But to entice your friends to visit, adding the other help too.
I did them in order of next-lowest-costs. It works for me, as my guild wasn’t pushing in GE back then, so I didn’t spend much silver, and could spend most in the tavern’s upgrade themselves.

DeletedUser30312

I generally do it like this:

Add the fourth chair first. You should have enough to open it after your first collection.

After a couple of collections, add the first tablecloth, it only costs 1000, and some people won't go for a tavern without a cloth. I don't bother adding people who don't have at least the basic one. Other requires the best tablecloth, but don't bust your butt on it, since you need to build your tavern up a bit to earn it in a reasonable amount of time.

From there, expand your table. That's the most efficient way to increase your silver income. Usually I find that having seats equal to about half the people on your friend list is the most efficient. You can maintain a 16 seat tavern with about 35-40 friends minimum.

Once you're got enough seats, then work on boosting the tablecloth and the floor. The tablecloth benefits you primarily by making your tavern more attractive toward other players, but the floor will give you extra silver. Do the tray last, its extra income isn't very high, and I find the floor to be a better source of extra silver over the long run.

DeletedUser40061

i just wanted to highlight the fact that on my main city i finally completed all goals of my tav. and now i sit back and watch the silver roll in. im saving up so i can try out the city defence shield thing. and maybe dabble in a coin/supply boost too.

DeletedUser30312

City Shield is expensive, and difficult to maintain over a regular basis even with a maxed tavern.

I've never done the coin or supply boosts except to activate a boost for quests. GBs and lesser boosts from special event buildings cover that rather well. Most of my regular spending is on the 20% attack boost for my main city.

DeletedUser40061

if you seen the amount of attacks/plunder on main city you wouldnt hesitate to use it. ive already have 20k silver and counting..its not the A&Ping that bother me because i know its just part of the game experience, but i want to see how good it is. but then again, i dont want to waste the silver i accumelated.. ossy is at odds

DeletedUser30312

My two main cities seldom get attacked more than once or twice a week, so there's never been much need for me to use the shield.

RapidWaffle34851

I also have more silver than I'll ever use, over 1.2 million. I'd like more things to spend it on, but mainly I use the extra turn, sometimes the attack bonuses, almost never use shields.