• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Taverns grey out when I'm there

DeletedUser36979

I wish that the "Visit Tavern" button was greyed out if I am already sitting there.

Godly Luke

Submitted

Vger

I wish that the "Visit Tavern" button was greyed out if I am already sitting there.
Now that you can do tavern from the bar, without the annoyance of actually seeing the tavern, it makes much, much less than 0% sense to do tavern from history. I didn't even make much sense before that change.
Why are you doing tavern from history rather than the bar?

Omethan

So the hot FoE topic on my birthday was remind me that I'm still sitting in the Tavern. Sounds about right. Seriously the reason you would do Tavern from history is the bar doesn't account for reciprocation. History tells me which Friends are friendly and participating in my game well-being. I can't afford to high-five everybody in the line every time. That might be the same as "his is and isn't mo/po him". If Godly Luke had said "mo/po/frita" it would have been clear. Frito and Fajita would also be acceptable.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Tavern visits are a terrible way to determine who is helping you. If your tavern is full everyday when someone checks their friends list, they will never sit in your tavern.

While an extreme example, I know this happens because there is a SAM player who I aid every day, but in the last two years have only sat in his tavern a handful of times.

Another example could be a friend that only plays shortly before you wake up every day, and again right before you get off work. Your tavern may be full for them more often than not, even if you empty your tavern regularly.

Use your aid history to determine whether or not someone is a good friend.

In the end, motivations are worth a lot more than a few more tavern silver that will just sit in your inventory.

The Lady Redneck

I aid and Tavern hop every day from my town hall. I like to do Visit Tavern at the same time. I then do the same later in the day to try to make sure I do get all who do help me. If the Visit Tavern button greyed out it would save a lot of time. Any that still show as a pretty gold color in my friends bar are noted for my monthly clear out of dead wood. Any on my hood bar can then be visited in order to expand my goods inventory.