• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

TE or FE?

Aggressor

Hey everyone, I've been gone from the forum for a while.
I'll spare you the details, but I have ended up aging up from LMA to PE and then after a month, aging up to TE. I really like it here in TE, especially the Stealth Tanks.
I've heard everywhere that Hover Tanks are awesome and that I should do everything I can to get them. Right now, I'm within reach of FE and hover thanks. Should I go for it or camp in TE?
(side note: my guild treasury doesnt need TE goods or anything so that wont impact my decision)

wolfhoundtoo

FE is better if you like tanks because hover tanks still have more mobility than the TE ones and the better movement range and ability to hit always made FE seem easier than TE.

Algona

I really like it here in TE, especially the Stealth Tanks.

Maybe stay for a while and enjoy it?

Yeah, it's pretty common opinion that TE is worse then FE, but I thin a lot of that had to do with two somewhat outdated factors, being able to produce Arc Goods, and access to FE GvG.

Don't get me wrong, There are a lot of good reasons to move up to FE, but maybe it;s not quite so urgent as it used to be.

Since pretty much the only irrevocable unrepairable decision in this game is moving up in Era, why not stay in TE as long as you enjoy it?

Aggressor

I ended up caving and aging up to FE for the obvious benefits (FE GvG, Hover Tanks) and I like it a lot already. I was able to defeat SAM and SAAB AA DAs with hardly a scratch. Much better than stealth tanks.
But I do think that TE has gotten an unfair bad rep for being sandwitched between the holy grail of FE and the well liked CE. I think that TE fighting is definitely not the worst. Stealth Tanks are pretty good and I think that TE deserves a chance. On one of my secondary world I'll probably camp in TE and experience it more when the time comes.

Johnny B. Goode

I ended up caving and aging up to FE for the obvious benefits (FE GvG, Hover Tanks) and I like it a lot already. I was able to defeat SAM and SAAB AA DAs with hardly a scratch. Much better than stealth tanks.
But I do think that TE has gotten an unfair bad rep for being sandwitched between the holy grail of FE and the well liked CE. I think that TE fighting is definitely not the worst. Stealth Tanks are pretty good and I think that TE deserves a chance. On one of my secondary world I'll probably camp in TE and experience it more when the time comes.
I had been in CE for a long time before I aged up to TE. I did not like it at all. For one thing, you're no longer producing goods that are in demand. In CE your GBs are producing PE goods, which you can sell to people wanting to build the Traz and/or CF. The Stealth Tank was alright, but that was the only TE unit I liked at all. In FE you not only have the Hover Tank, but the Rail Gun is also very useful when facing an enemy army consisting mainly of stealth units. The Microwave Blaster in TE ignores stealth also, but it also has shorter range and can't hit flying units, which the Rail Gun can. In FE you can auto battle most fights with 1 or 2 Hovers with Rogues, and switch to 1 or 2 Rail Guns if the enemy army is mainly Hovers and/or Stealth Tanks. You cannot auto battle with the TE Microwave Blaster because it moves too early in the battle progression and would be destroyed first by the AI. It is also useless against flying units. And, of course, FE goods are easily sold to players wanting to build the Arc. I now plan on eventually having all my cities in FE (assuming I continue playing that long), and never again move up past there. The ages past FE are a pain in the posterior. I made the mistake of moving one up from FE and now I mainly just keep it crawling along. Just moved up to SAM, and it's worse than AF or OF were...and I didn't like them at all.

blueskydwg

FE was a great place to park for awhile. And yes, AF and OF were a bit tedious and SAM wasn't much better. But SAAB is as good or better than FE with it's Nail Storm unit. And another great reason for aging up is to get more space to build more stuff. :D