• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Telepathy

DeletedUser

I believe there are things in this life that cannot be explained...

If someone could do things like this do you really think they would want to be in the public spotlight? I would keep it to myself because every terrorist organization, government agency <--(Also terrorists.. Think about it) the Vatican.. (Yeah, I just went there :p) would be after people who could do things like this.

The world we live in was started by a massive nuclear blast.. 4.54 Billion years ago life started to evolve on this planet. We cannot possibly know the history. We are a drop of water in space. Think about our solar system, now think about our galaxy. We can't even explore our own galaxy much less the billions of galaxies.

If you think about all of the infinite possibilities out there also thinking about the fact that we only use less than 10% of our brain, think about if we were able to use all of it?

Our Earth is only 4.54 billion years old. The Universe is 14.6 billion years old. The earth is going to fight back one day and clean itself of everyone. There is a galaxy out there 10 billion years ahead of us and some people are actually naive enough to think we are the only ones.

It all dates back to man being arrogant. How can we actually say without laughing our asses off that we are at the top of the food chain.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The world we live in was started by a massive nuclear blast.. 4.54 Billion years ago life started to evolve on this planet. We cannot possibly know the history. We are a drop of water in space. Think about our solar system, now think about our galaxy. We can't even explore our own galaxy much less the billions of galaxies.

If you think about all of the infinite possibilities out there also thinking about the fact that we only use less than 10% of our brain, think about if we were able to use all of it?

Our Earth is only 4.54 billion years old. The Universe is 14.6 billion years old. The earth is going to fight back one day and clean itself of everyone. There is a galaxy out there 10 billion years ahead of us and some people are actually naive enough to think we are the only ones.

It all dates back to man being arrogant. How can we actually say without laughing our asses off that we are at the top of the food chain.

I'm not too sure why you said this stuff, since it doesn't seem to pertain to anything that was discussed. But it seems to me that your basis is that there are infinite possibilities out there and so even if telepathy can't exist in humans on our planet, somewhere out there it might. If that is your stance, then really everything goes out the window. Nothing would be fake and everything would be possible.

DeletedUser34

I'm not too sure why you said this stuff, since it doesn't seem to pertain to anything that was discussed. But it seems to me that your basis is that there are infinite possibilities out there and so even if telepathy can't exist in humans on our planet, somewhere out there it might. If that is your stance, then really everything goes out the window. Nothing would be fake and everything would be possible.
I don't think he is saying that at all. I understood him to say, aliens, ghosts, etc etc are all possibilities, and with us only using 10 percent of our brain who is to say? My take? Look at twins...and look at animals. It is possible. Does it exist? Who knows, or maybe it exists, FOR those who have open minds about such things. I believe in other dimensions if you will, so telepathy isn't that much of a "maybe"

DeletedUser3

Actually, we're using almost all of our brain, just not all at the same time - even less when you're on drugs.

$(KGrHqF,!mEE1FwHMCG3BNd7q)Qn1g~~0_3.JPG

Telepathy is like a side order of bacon. ;)

DeletedUser

It doesn't surprise me that you disagree with this post. After all, you haven't understood or agreed with one thing I have posted. Maybe instead of putting everything under a microscope you should try and looking at something for what it is.

DeletedUser

It doesn't surprise me that you disagree with this post. After all, you haven't understood or agreed with one thing I have posted. Maybe instead of putting everything under a microscope you should try and looking at something for what it is.
Not surprising. Early twenty-first century science cannot explain everything within our universe, but that doesn't make your interpretation of a particular phenomenon being 'telepathy' correct either! Of course, all this is hypothetical: has anyone actually posted any reputable evidence of such a phenomenon at all, one with a remote possibility of indeed being telepathy as we understand it in pop culture?

DeletedUser

I'm sorry if I am giving you the wrong impression, but just know that I have nothing against you.

Notice how I said that I wasn't sure of your post, and posited my opinion based on my interpretation of your post. Had your post been a bit more coherent, then I wouldn't need to try to guess what you are saying. Now, you say that I haven't understood any of your posts. I don't know what made you think this, although I did not understand your last post due to your response not being straightforward. But people misunderstand each other all the time, especially in debates. So instead, what you can do is explain your position or argument more clearly in the case where I or someone else read your post incorrectly.

Now, what did you mean by both of your posts in this thread?

DeletedUser

My brain is always running in a thousand different directions. Someone brought up telepathy. All I did was branch the discussion a bit further into other possibilities. 1,000 years ago had I said to you that life was created by a massive nuclear explosion you would have most likely called me crazy :p

All I was doing was trying to broaden the scope a bit and turn it into a bigger lens. There are things in life that we will never understand and wonder if its real or fake.

However, I can answer another question asked by people. Do snuff films exist? Yes

DeletedUser

http://aboutfacts.net/Science10.htm This Explains Everything that you wanna know about telepathy please keep an open mind and reason while reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

i typed it on bing if this link doesnt work type this on bing it might work better.:)
1/22/04 - More on Telepathy - About Facts Net
or try this it should be the first page on web results
http://www.search-results.com/web?l=dis&o=100000052&q=http%3A%2F%2Faboutfacts.net%2FScience10.htm%20&atb=sysid%3D406%3Aappid%3D394%3Auid%3De03a357d72ec0191%3Auc%3D1343015464%3Ab%3DSearchqu%3Asrc%3Dderr%3Ao%3D100000052%3Aq%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Faboutfacts.net%252FScience10.htm%2520

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Only use 10 percent of the brain" is a myth, and almost a laughable one at that. Just reaching for a cup of coffee in the morning, The motor skills used, the thinking involved to leave enough room for some cream, is using 100 percent of your brain. It is said that when just sitting there, at rest, not focusing on anything, only 10 percent of the brain is being used. That was not true either. Even while sleeping there is activity in over 40 percent of the brain. Some how that got twisted into man only using 10 percent in his life. So if he used the other 90 percent, he could move mountains with his mind. Nothing could be further from the truth.

DeletedUser

if you could use more then 10 percent then you would have telepathy.lol

DeletedUser3

Sorry to say, but Lotus is correct, you would be a carrot.

Of course the question now on 90% of our minds is, "are you a carrot?"

DeletedUser

if you could use more then 10 percent then you would have telepathy.lol
Rather (if using 100% capacity) you would recall every memory of your life, live every emotion and move every muscle in your body simultaneously. Basically, you'd "spaz out". Fortunately a dimension called time exists so we can use our full brain capacity, just not at once.

DeletedUser3

I just wanted to let everyone here know that I telepathically argued this issue at great length and even greater detail. I even provided attribution. Now if you didn't receive my argument, I rest my case.

DeletedUser

http://aboutfacts.net/Science10.htm This Explains Everything that you wanna know about telepathy please keep an open mind and reason while reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

i typed it on bing if this link doesnt work type this on bing it might work better.:)
1/22/04 - More on Telepathy - About Facts Net
or try this it should be the first page on web results
http://www.search-results.com/web?l...ttp%3A%2F%2Faboutfacts.net%2FScience10.htm%20
Hi Hero, I'm wondering if you could elaborate on a couple of points in that link for me:

The Russians have demonstrated that PLANTS know rain is coming hours before it happens. They have been able to take photographs of the force lines between two people in telepathic communication.

Firstly, are you now suggesting that plants are capable of telepathy, living organisms without any brain function at all? Secondly, would you be able to elaborate on these photographed "force lines" between people in telepathic communication? I'd love to see the photographs for myself.

DeletedUser

Well...I stumbled upon something rather interesting (for myself), and thought I might share for discussion.

While randomly flipping through television channels, I stopped to watch a program about quantum mechanics. It talked about entanglement between particles and how through "spooky action," particles could affect each other across long distances with no apparent communication of sorts. I later looked online to see what the program was and I think it was Part II of The Elegant Universe.

Now, I have neither studied quantum mechanics that thoroughly, nor did I look up anything else about it, since I thought the program explained it rather well. But it got me thinking about this debate and how the research and stuff talked about plants communicating with one another, and people communicating from long distances, and etc. I'm still a strong skeptic on the existence of telepathy, but since quantum entanglement exists, couldn't telepathy or similar communication exist? Or could telepathy even be a form of quantum entanglement?

Anyone is welcome to share their thoughts, but I'd specifically like to know Hellstromm's input on this, since I think he studied quantum mechanics and what not.

DeletedUser

But it got me thinking about this debate and how the research and stuff talked about plants communicating with one another, and people communicating from long distances, and etc. I'm still a strong skeptic on the existence of telepathy, but since quantum entanglement exists, couldn't telepathy or similar communication exist? Or could telepathy even be a form of quantum entanglement?

Anyone is welcome to share their thoughts, but I'd specifically like to know Hellstromm's input on this, since I think he studied quantum mechanics and what not.
I think it suggests we, humanity, can develop technology to make telepathy possible. There is a great leap between observation of sub-/sub-atomic particles and meaningful interaction of neurons...

DeletedUser

If telepathy is obtainable, wouldn't someone have taken the James Randi Foundation's million dollar challenge?

As far as I know, nobody has won it yet.