• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Telepathy

DeletedUser

Is telepathy real? can somebody transmit their thoughts,emotions and feelings from one person to another?
throughout history alot of the greatest scientist ever believed that it was possible to do these things. Like albert eighstein and thomas troward for example believed telepathy was a very possible occurance.yet as of today it is seen as fictional and used as entertainment in movies like Xmen.what are your thoughts on this? Is telepathy real or fictional.?and their are many types of telepathy which ones are fact and which ones are crap?
http://www.home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Telepathy.html

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

Umm, not sure where you're getting your notions that Einstein or Thomas Edison, both were skeptics.

DeletedUser

i said thomas troward they arthur of edinburges lectures on mental science.
i believe he has colledges dedicated to him,ill post proof of einstein in a minute im watching lostgirl.lol

DeletedUser3

Well alright, but Thomas Troward wasn't a scientist, he was a writer and self-proclaimed theologian from the late 1800's. As to Einstein, you can forget about trying to push that one, I'll merely refute it with quotes directly from Einstein.

So, who are these "greatest scientists" you claim?

Oh, and do you know why there is skepticism regarding telepathy? Well, it would be because the only "evidences" ever presented were intentionally tainted or obtained unscientifically. A multitude of valid tests have been performed, all of which were deemed inconclusive (no evidentiary findings).

So...

DeletedUser

I personally believe that telepathy is very possible. The mind like your spine has electricity and your thinking gives off electricity there are devices even that measure electricity. (links at bottom) and I think it is possible for someone to be able to perceive that electricity (psychic) and even give off electricity of their own to alter and/or give you thoughts (telepathy) it would be a very complicated art and science though even if you did have the ability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain

http://www.tbiguide.com/howbrainworks.html

DeletedUser

Thomas Troward wasn't a scientist. Just because they stick science into a title doesn't mean it's actually science in the conventional sense of experimentation, data analysis, etc. So when you say that a lot of history's greatest scientists believed in telepathy, there's not much credence there, since the only other scientist you mentioned was Einstein and even then there is no evidence of him saying so (you said you'll post it so I won't hold it against you for now)

As for the website you posted, I read through it and found something quite odd about the experiments it talked about. He goes on and on about this experiment and that experiment, or rather stories really. And when you think about it, if there actually were these experiments done by researchers or scientists, why not show the publications or links leading to them? You'd think that if science or experiments like these actually proved something like telepathy, you'd jump at it and show it to everyone in the world. And that's really the problem here. It's claims without evidence.

DeletedUser

well evolution cant be proved with concrete evidence either does that mean evolution does not exist?alot of things cant be proven but are very much real.
and i believe that you can reasonably assume that einstein did not eliminate they possibility of telepathy.but he didnt really back it either so here is my link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvGdGupkOLo and thomas troward was in Mental Science. Science is in the name of the field he specialized in how could he not be considered a scientiest?

DeletedUser

science is a question from a philosophical point of view ;) from that point i can argue the start of debate as science were trying to answer a question and saying what is and isnt science has absolutely nothing to do with whether telepathy is real or not and there won't be any measurments of telepathy just how much magnetic waves a head gives off and whether you could actually focus them to do anything such as make someone interperate them in their own thoughts

DeletedUser

well for people who believe that hypnosis is real telepathy follows to same concept.someones Objective mind would be controlling someone elses subjective mind. so should hypnosis be considered a form of telepathy? afterall one person is controlling/influencing someone elses feelings thoughts and actions in both cases right?

DeletedUser

1. hypnosis is real its even taught as being proven in psych classes in highschool... me being subjected to it

2. hypnosis is influence using your voice not your mind

3. It's also already proven that hypnosis can't make you do anything your against you have to be open to the idea

DeletedUser

science is a question from a philosophical point of view ;) from that point i can argue the start of debate as science were trying to answer a question and saying what is and isnt science has absolutely nothing to do with whether telepathy is real or not and there won't be any measurments of telepathy just how much magnetic waves a head gives off and whether you could actually focus them to do anything such as make someone interperate them in their own thoughts

I was merely pointing out that Troward wasn't a scientist to Hero's original post using him as an example of a scientist. And I do think that it has something to do with the credibility of telepathy, not so much the existence. You can't try to gain any credibility for telepathy by having someone who believed and 'studied' telepathy, the transfer of thoughts, etc. be labeled as a scientist.

It seems to me that your belief in telepathy stems from the fact that the brain has electric activity and generates an electric field, which could then be used to induce thoughts in another brain, hence telepathy. But the problem with this is the nature of the electric field. Any field generated by the human brain is much too small, and so when you think about trying to focus in on these fields, it's too weak for another brain to do much with it. For the sake of argument, let's say that it could. Even if it could, you'd have to be butting heads or so, since the electric field would be small. You wouldn't have telepathy from any measurable distance, really.

Now, if you were to talk about technology-driven telepathy, like machines that can read electric fields generated by a brain, then that might be something else. But I think we're talking about the human ability of telepathy, and so no, there is no basis to telepathy really.

Oh and Hero, did you find anything about Einstein's stance on telepathy?

DeletedUser

yea but your voice and actions come from the Objective state of mind to put someone in a hypnotic state. so would telepathy it would require somebody to send and somebody to recieve. somebody in an objective state of mind to send messages to someones sebjective (receptive) state of mind. just like Hypnosis telepathy is just a more complex version without the crutches.

- - - Updated - - -

as far as electical body currents being strong enough or whatever. you can increase they bodies natural output of chi using meditations which is also a power source within the human body that stems from the mind. so maby that could be used as a bridge from mind to mind.

DeletedUser

yeah i did mention complicated haha but I would still think its possible off the basis no two bodies are the same I mean you say it like everyone has the same brain haha most people are one track minds but there are people who can be consciously running several thoughts at a time and there are people who can think more and have much bigger brains then me im only slightly above average with that and the fact that some people have more energy then others I think some people could have a larger field or in your terms of thinking "range" then others also people with a larger range are more likely to do telepathy then those who don't mainly for that reason which is why telepathy is commonly known as something that if possible not many people can do :)

DeletedUser

But going back to the existence of telepathy, if it does exist, then why are there no scientific experiments or results showing that it works? That seems to be the biggest problem: the fact that no solid evidence exists.

DeletedUser

well because first we would need someone who is telepathic which we had already covered is a rare occurence and he would have to have to in some way shape or form prove he is telepathic otherwise any data collected by comparing him to a non telepathic is just waste...

DeletedUser

well because first we would need someone who is telepathic which we had already covered is a rare occurence and he would have to have to in some way shape or form prove he is telepathic otherwise any data collected by comparing him to a non telepathic is just waste...

Yeah, but it can't be that rare. If it was so rare that we couldn't find anyone to help with research or experiments, telepathy would more likely be an urban legend or something. There are plenty of people claiming that they have telepathic powers and what not. Even in the website that Hero gave, the author knew of many cases, some of which were people he knew. So clearly we can do experiments with them.

DeletedUser

But going back to the existence of telepathy, if it does exist, then why are there no scientific experiments or results showing that it works? That seems to be the biggest problem: the fact that no solid evidence exists.
Hehe, because you're right, it doesn't exist. At least, not yet; we'll need some more evolution or cool technology to make that happen. (Read: future invention, not recent discovery.) Everyone claiming to the contrary are frauds, showmen or, in the case of this thread, simply uninformed/mislead.

DeletedUser

yes but these are ordinary people if you read Edinburges Lectures on mental science.
it would say that you need to be using they higher mode of intelligence all these subjects are using they lower mode.so this may not be they most influential video for proof. but i will continue to search for better videos that support my position and post them in they morning.mark my words the truth will come out and nothing will be held back.

DeletedUser

yes but these are ordinary people if you read Edinburges Lectures on mental science.
it would say that you need to be using they higher mode of intelligence all these subjects are using they lower mode.so this may not be they most influential video for proof. but i will continue to search for better videos that support my position and post them in they morning.mark my words the truth will come out and nothing will be held back.
Sorry, the only truth is that these people prey on others' optimism and/or desperation in order to make money from books, television/live appearances and phoney therapies/services. All this "higher mode of intelligence" nonsense is a ploy to stop you from questioning them, which upon doing so you will realise all their so called evidence is circumstantial, anecdotal, fallaciously reasoned and falsified.