• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

TEMPLE OF RELICS.....

DeletedUser35620

.... I really believe that there's something wrong with this GB. When was at level 9 got lots of relics, now is level 14 and got 2 common relics along the 4 GE levels... :( weird!!

wolfhoundtoo

.... I really believe that there's something wrong with this GB. When was at level 9 got lots of relics, now is level 14 and got 2 common relics along the 4 GE levels... :( weird!!

Not weird. It's a random event great building. There will be weeks you gets lots and lots of relics and there will be weeks you get few relics. that's the nature of the temple of relics.

RazorbackPirate

I call ToR a gambling GB. It gives you a % chance at maybe finding a relic, a smaller chance the relic will be uncommon, and a tiny chance it will be rare. Once you find a relic your chances of getting anything useful from it are small, anything valuable smaller still.

While it made it onto the list of my "core" GBs (just barely), it's dead last on my build order list, 2nd to last, at best. I've had everything needed to build ToR for months. I still haven't built it, and don't plan to, until I've built and leveled all the "sure bet" GBs.

I realize that like the lottery. "you gotta play to win". But with odds no better than a Scratcher, until my house is in order and the bills are paid, I don't have the space or the FPs to gamble on ToR.

DeletedUser26965

I call ToR a gambling GB. It gives you a % chance at maybe finding a relic, a smaller chance the relic will be uncommon, and a tiny chance it will be rare. Once you find a relic your chances of getting anything useful from it are small, anything valuable smaller still.

While it made it onto the list of my "core" GBs (just barely), it's dead last on my build order list, 2nd to last, at best. I've had everything needed to build ToR for months. I still haven't built it, and don't plan to, until I've built and leveled all the "sure bet" GBs.

I realize that like the lottery. "you gotta play to win". But with odds no better than a Scratcher, until my house is in order and the bills are paid, I don't have the space or the FPs to gamble on ToR.
Yes I agree it's a gambling GB but that's really a lot of the games structure as it is. I actually destroyed mine for awhile then rebuilt later when I had more space and I took a look at what it will statistically pay out over the long term average which I think a level 1 came out to like 6fp's a day, a level 10 is like 10 fp a day + all the other stuff if that matters to you. And since I do all of GE mainly for the guild anyway I found it worthwhile to place.

RazorbackPirate

Yes I agree it's a gambling GB but that's really a lot of the games structure as it is. I actually destroyed mine for awhile then rebuilt later when I had more space and I took a look at what it will statistically pay out over the long term average which I think a level 1 came out to like 6fp's a day, a level 10 is like 10 fp a day + all the other stuff if that matters to you. And since I do all of GE mainly for the guild anyway I found it worthwhile to place.

It'll go down eventually, but space and FPs are limited, so other GBs take priority. Even doing all 4 levels of GE weekly, I can't justify the space or the FPs to level it. I understand statistics and probability enough to hold off for now. GE, Events and the Daily Challenge provide enough chances to not win anything useful, but they don't use up valuable space or FPs. ToR will come, but only after the essentials.

Mustapha00

It's not so much getting too few relics (but, if Inno ever takes up that question, yeah I get too few relics too) but it's what I get with them.

If it's a Gold, I'm getting a Ritual Flame. Not 100% of them time, no, but 90-95% of the time.

If it's a Jade, then I'm getting a Store Building. Always (no, not really, but I can't recall the last time I got anything else from one).

The only relic that seems truly random in its rewards is the Common one.

wolfhoundtoo

It's not so much getting too few relics (but, if Inno ever takes up that question, yeah I get too few relics too) but it's what I get with them.

If it's a Gold, I'm getting a Ritual Flame. Not 100% of them time, no, but 90-95% of the time.

If it's a Jade, then I'm getting a Store Building. Always (no, not really, but I can't recall the last time I got anything else from one).

You only remember the stuff you don't want. I can't remember the last time I got 100 fp from a relic...…….but I know I have. :p

Agent327

They are all random. If you get a gold, the chance you get a ritual flame is much bigger than the chance you get 100 fp.

DeletedUser35620

People, thanks a lot for all the important info you provided. I'll keep working on my ToR (more or less 1 level every 10 days) and hope 1 day I'll get a terrace farm....
I have friends with ToR ar lower levels than mine with 7-8-9 terrace farms got with relics.
We will see, hope never dies...... lol!

Arya66

I usually find or two relics in Level one.. this week I am in Level 2 of GE and ZERO relics total so far! Bummer..

DeletedUser35475

The game has no memory. Each encounter give a certain percentage chance for a relic. Sometimes you roll a seven and sometimes you roll snakeyes. It seems to work out in the long run but short term, like 4 expedition levels, they can be all over the place.

wolfhoundtoo

People, thanks a lot for all the important info you provided. I'll keep working on my ToR (more or less 1 level every 10 days) and hope 1 day I'll get a terrace farm....
I have friends with ToR ar lower levels than mine with 7-8-9 terrace farms got with relics.
We will see, hope never dies...... lol!

You know terrace farms can come up as the final prize on level IV of GE? It is possible that some of those terrace farms were won that way.

DeletedUser26965

You know terrace farms can come up as the final prize on level IV of GE? It is possible that some of those terrace farms were won that way.
Yeah I wouldn't worry about trying to get TF from jade relics as it's a stupidly low chance of getting one from it so I doubt they got them from there, much better off going for GE64 when it comes up, more likely they got them from that instead.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_Relics#Rare relic (jade)

DeletedUser35620

Several weeks already playing 64/64 in GE and.......... nothing! :(

DeletedUser26965

Several weeks already playing 64/64 in GE and.......... nothing! :(
You'll get them eventually if you keep hitting GE64 when TF's available. They became available Feb 2017 so that's been quite a few chances for players who started then to get TF's. Oh and don't forget they can be plundered.