• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Terrace Farm?

Ironrooster

Assuming you can harvest every 8 hours it will produce 60 goods/day which is double the goods buildings. If you need goods this is also much better than the goods buildings because it produces all the goods for its age. OTOH if you don't need many goods, this is not as useful for FP's since 12 FP's/day for a 5x6 building is not very efficient use of space.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Assuming you can harvest every 8 hours it will produce 60 goods/day which is double the goods buildings. If you need goods this is also much better than the goods buildings because it produces all the goods for its age.
... or just do 2-4 goods giving recurring quests per day with a decently leveled Chateau. If you are needing to use something as big as the Terrace Farm for goods, especially every 8 hours, you might want to take a hard look at your city. Heck, even a level 10 Chateau will only needs just over 6 goods giving RQ's a day to give the same amount.

Johnny B. Goode

I have never thought the Terrace Farm* was worthwhile. Too big for what it gives, and open to plunder. I always preferred Tribal Squares* over Terrace Farms for goods production, because it couldn't be plundered if it was motivated (and if it wasn't motivated, it didn't give a plunderer any goods.) You don't have to worry about "collect on time" or city defense if you make your city's productions plunder proof. ;)

*I don't use either one anymore except in rare cases. Too many special/event buildings that give goods without possibility of plunder.

Nashtah

I use the Terrace Farm lvl 2 for fps currently I have 4. However that is due to extra land and needing to not add lots of small buildings that need tons of aid. At .4fp/land tile I don't find it that bad in terms of yield but if I had more event buildings I would remove them however I don't have more event buildings so they stay until the next event if I get the whole building and it is worthwhile.

Goth Almighty

^ What he said. There are better bldgs, if you've got them (e.g. the Suishun Mill, a level 9 Abandoned Asylum, a Yggdrasil, etc. etc). If you don't, build level 2 TFs up the butt.