• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Terracotta army vs vineyard?

Bosshoof

Trying to decide between building a terracotta vineyard (w/ 4 or 5 fields) and a terracotta army. Any thoughts?

wolfhoundtoo

What's the attack boost you going to get with your vineyard and how much space will it take up? How much space will the TA take and how likely are you to level it up and how fast?

I could look these up but I'd rather see you walk through the decision on which to pick and why than just giving my opinion.

Bosshoof

For space, the army wins, hands down. 24 spaces give about a 20 boost (att & def) at level 10.
A lvl 7 vineyard, with 2 cypress, 2 lavender & 2 olive takes 45 spaces to yield a 16 boost, with 10 fps, a 22% supply boost and a few other goodies. Supplies are not much of an issue at this point. While 10 fps would be nice, the vineyard does not have long-term growth potential, as opposed to building a Cape Canaveral and/or other event buildings. Might be time to sell off my vineyard holdings.

Staint Michael

Are you a wolf or a lamb? For the fighter the Terracotta army, For the builder /farmer the Terracotta vineyard, But if your a farmer of forge points there are much better choices.

wolfhoundtoo

For space, the army wins, hands down. 24 spaces give about a 20 boost (att & def) at level 10.
A lvl 7 vineyard, with 2 cypress, 2 lavender & 2 olive takes 45 spaces to yield a 16 boost, with 10 fps, a 22% supply boost and a few other goodies. Supplies are not much of an issue at this point. While 10 fps would be nice, the vineyard does not have long-term growth potential, as opposed to building a Cape Canaveral and/or other event buildings. Might be time to sell off my vineyard holdings.

Then my advice comes down to this: If you are ready to level up the TA to at least 10 (I'm presuming you fight a fair bit) then you should build the TA. If you aren't ready to level the TA (and have the space for the vineyard) you can build the vineyard until you are ready to place the TA.

Emberguard

Is there a reason you're doing a three way split on the Vineyard?

Terracotta gives only attack/defense. If you're comparing to the Terracotta why aren't you splitting it 50/50 on the Vineyard? That'd make it a 24/24% boost for attacking army on the Vineyard

If you don't find the attacking boosts worth enough why not focus solely on FPs for the Vineyard then? That'd give you 30 FPs that you can invest into GB growth

hile 10 fps would be nice, the vineyard does not have long-term growth potential, as opposed to building a Cape Canaveral and/or other event buildings.
That's true of all event buildings. What you get is what you're stuck with outside of deleting and replacing with something else. Focusing on how efficient it is long-term is a false economy and will stunt your growth.

(in regards to events) You're better off cramming your space with as much as you possibly can regardless of how inefficient the building is and then once you can no longer add additional buildings replace the worst buildings with better stuff as you get better stuff. If you're ready to place a GB do it, raise it. Work out how many GBs you can afford to raise at once and go around that. TA is rather expensive so if you can't raise it then a event may be a better interim building to have that is then replaced with TA later