• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The advantages of joining a guild:

• Thread starter DeletedUser2711
  • Start date

DeletedUser2711

It took me a good while before I made the jump to join a guild. I was doing fine on my own and I didn't see the need to be dependent on others, or have to answer to anyone about my playing style or practices, should that ultimately turn out to be the way of a guild. I later found that I had nothing to worry about, as my practices were more than honorable and the desired norm.

It wasn't until a guild formed in my neighborhood on Arvahall, having all 7 members within that neighbothood and none on the outside, that I decided to fight fire with fire. I knew exactly what they were trying to do and the lack of forethought in their thinking was obvious to me. I joined a small guild so that I could help others while being able to enjoy the benefits of a guild. So what are they, these benefits?

1) Trades with other guild members are forge point free. All of your FP's can then go to research or GB's.

2) The players you help (through knowledge, trade, support, and FP contributions), will not use your help against you.

3) You will have access to knowledge that would prudently be kept from those outside the guild because of #2.

4) Your market has the potential to be more active. You may be more active without fear of #2.

A few points about size…
A guild can be advantageous, and profitable, with as few as 3 members. Ideally, you only need 2 other people to trade with in order to have access to the goods you don't have a deposit for. But that's in a perfect world with perfect guild-mates. The point is, you don't need to belong to a huge guild to benefit from membership. The larger the guild, the larger your burden of responsibility to the guild. So choose a size you can handle, and still have time to play the game.

Support…
You will potentially have more chances at blue prints for Great Buildings by visiting and supporting more cities. You will also potentially have more people supporting you in a way that actually helps you. Also ties in with #2 above.

Guild rules…
If they are posted on the guild's page within the Global Rankings interface, then you can see if they match your personality. Keep in mind, however, that there is no guarantee that all members of the guild follow those rules. So don't weigh them too heavily.

The long and short of it…
Guild membership is a plus. The only down-side is if you bite off more than you can chew, size-wise.

And if you are looking for a quality guild in Dunarsund, please message me under my game name - Lanthano Kruptos.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excellent guide Lanthano. This will be very helpful to new players, kudos!

DeletedUser

And there is a reason I don't want anymore guilds any time soon. Why have a guild when I can have friends. They don't want to comply whit my wishes I will fire them and find more friends. Why should I join a guild where everybody expect you to do everything for them, trades, tips on the game, pros and cons on the troops, just to be given the cold shoulder time and again. If you still have trades to make and research I understand.

DeletedUser

And there is a reason I don't want anymore guilds any time soon. Why have a guild when I can have friends. They don't want to comply whit my wishes I will fire them and find more friends. Why should I join a guild where everybody expect you to do everything for them, trades, tips on the game, pros and cons on the troops, just to be given the cold shoulder time and again. If you still have trades to make and research I understand.
I'm sorry but I laughed really hard when I read that.

DeletedUser2711

Aurelius, if that was your guild experience, then there's a good chance you were in the wrong guild. There are advantages to being in a guild over just building a friend's list. But not all guilds are created equal.

DeletedUser

Aurelius, if that was your guild experience, then there's a good chance you were in the wrong guild. There are advantages to being in a guild over just building a friend's list. But not all guilds are created equal.
I know I got a very nice luck whit that. I have been in the top 2 guilds and so far a guild is for p/m and trades. Knowledge about the game and the battles I got it from trying and some times failing to. All depended on what rules are to be set and what kind of guild you want. Every guild builds and trades but the most points you get from fighting. So when you have that mixed in the guild you will have problems: not everybody is doing p/m, or advancing faster. I would like to see the guilds when guild wars arrives. Maybe then I will join another guild, maybe. Who knows it might be the right one this time.

DeletedUser2711

Apocalyptic Knights has opened a second guild for those interested in a smaller guild - AK II.
You will still be able to add as many of the original 70-80 members as you would like as friends.
We have 35 Great Buildings in-guild and work together to bring them to level 2 within hours of ground-breaking.