• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Arc Has Ruined the Game

DeletedUser34965

This unstoppable, unfathomable obsession many players have with leveling their Arc has turned this game into a frustrating and confusing mess. I just don't get it. It's a cycle of FPs, contribution rewards, and leveling that is simply maddening and unending. When will people ever have enough FPs? What's the point of leveling, leveling, leveling simply to get more rewards from leveling, leveling, leveling? How many FPs per day does someone really need? And then what to do with all those FP packages once you have them? Level more? Then what? Level again? It's insane.

Thoughts?

Woody*

The answer is different for everyone. For some, the leveling is an end unto itself...either they have fun doing it, or they want to be the highest ranked player they can. For myself, it's a way for me to help my guild as much as possible by:
  • producing the most troops and goods for use in GvG
  • giving 1.9 trades to raise their GBs faster
  • producing excess goods to help lower aged players obtain GBs more cheaply and much quicker than they otherwise could
We also use our FPs earned to fund FP reward programs that incentivize finishing 64/64 in GE and GvG participation.

DeletedUser34965

The answer is different for everyone. For some, the leveling is an end unto itself...either they have fun doing it, or they want to be the highest ranked player they can. For myself, it's a way for me to help my guild as much as possible by:
  • producing the most troops and goods for use in GvG
  • giving 1.9 trades to raise their GBs faster
  • producing excess goods to help lower aged players obtain GBs more cheaply and much quicker than they otherwise could
We also use our FPs earned to fund FP reward programs that incentivize finishing 64/64 in GE and GvG participation.

Fair enough but do people really need Arcs at level 50+? How do people get that many blueprints? And again, the cycle of FPs and FPs and FPs non-stop, where does it end? What on earth can someone spend 1000+ FPs a game on?

Woody*

Fair enough but do people really need Arcs at level 50+? How do people get that many blueprints? And again, the cycle of FPs and FPs and FPs non-stop, where does it end? What on earth can someone spend 1000+ FPs a game on?

No one needs a level 50+ Arc. But all other things being equal, the player with the higher Arc will do better (rank higher, produce more goods & troops, have more efficient cities due to higher GBs), and the guild with more higher level Arcs will do better (their GBs will rise faster with all the associated benefits).

If you don't have a level 80 Arc, you will miss out on a lot of rewards taken by level 80 and higher snipers. And if your guild doesn't have any level 80 Arcs there is a chance that a lot of profit is generated and it all goes outside of the guild...even potentially to an enemy sniping GBs in their hood.

When does it end? Good question. I produce over 550 fps per day and I still can't produce as many goods and troops as I'd like for my guild. I use the goods to help them get GBs and to clear trades as quickly as possible. However, eventually (maybe in six months) I'll have a surplus of goods that I can't use, but I'm far from that point right now.

On the other hand, I'll never have a surplus of FPs. Because I can always give more FPs to guildies to accelerate their growth. One way we do that now is by using 1.9 trades to lock prizes 1-3 on our GBs, and then give away prizes 4 & 5 at net cost or even at a profit to guildies that need the prints.

Woody*

FYI, around the end of 2018 I should have all of my GBs leveled through the leveling "trough" (the cheap levels between 40-65 or so). At that point, it will be much more effective for me to give my FPs to guildies rather than raise my own GBs. (Although I didn't want to wait that long, so I've been giving some FPs away for awhile now).

At that point, another benefit of having Arcs is that they help generate extra blueprints for the new GBs that come out. Obviously, the higher level the Arcs that win prizes on those new GBs, the more new prints are generated. As a member of a guild that got a late start on our server and had very limited access to the end-game GBs, this is an important benefit. We pushed Arcs far enough that we can supply the blueprint and goods demand for new GBs much faster and cheaper than we used to, and perhaps cheaper and faster than all the guilds on our server except one.

Woody*

How do people get that many blueprints?
I win prizes on a lot of GBs, and my Arc doubles the number of blueprints earned. In turn, the higher my GBs level, the more blueprints they generate for my guildies and friends.

For example, I have over 2000 of each Arc blueprint. But don't think I'll ever end up with a level 2000 Arc...the costs of leveling go up so sharply that even if the entire server started dumping all their FPs on my Arc it won't ever get to 200, much less 2000.

DeletedUser34874

The problem is that with so many high level arcs you need one of your own to just be even. The game shouldn’t need a level 80 gb to bring you on even ground as the average player.

In the end it’s a broken gb. Think about a cheap exploit in a regular game. If so many people used it created an unfair playing fields what would happen. They would patch it out. But enter the f2p and micro transaction model and when the exploit grows out of hand now all you wealthy players have been abusing it and you fear change it will lose mass amounts of cash.

So in the end they can’t change it or admit its being abused but let’s be honest if they wanted you to be making more than you put in for rewards on a gb it would be that way in the beginning.

DeletedUser34874

Oh ya if you want an arc free experience you can join the newest server Angkor. I don’t even think anyone has a city in future yet.

DeletedUser31440

Oh ya if you want an arc free experience you can join the newest server Angkor. I don’t even think anyone has a city in future yet.

That wont stop the Arcs, Inno will offer someone a sale that has an Arc bp, or there will be some contest that will give out an Arc bp and then the floodgates open.

DeletedUser34874

That wont stop the Arcs, Inno will offer someone a sale that has an Arc bp, or there will be some contest that will give out an Arc bp and then the floodgates open.

I didn’t mean it would stop it. I simply meant if he wanted to play for a while without a huge arc presence.

DeletedUser34874

Or just play the game and don't worry about what other players have or don't have. I get that some people are compelled to compete for rank but the game isn't ruined just because it's difficult and time-consuming to do so.

Rank isn’t the only issue though. Say you want to be a gvg player or plunder. How do you compete with those with level 60+ military gb? How long does it take to “naturally” get a level 60 CoA, Zues, or CDM?

How do you compete with snipers that can easily take first on any gb?

It hurts newer players even more. I have seen high level military gb and arcs in Iron Age. You think a new players gonna stick around when they are being attacked by someone with +100% attack? I mean we already have enough threads about that issue pissing people off.

DeletedUser33297

It hurts newer players even more. I have seen high level military gb and arcs in Iron Age. You think a new players gonna stick around when they are being attacked by someone with +100% attack? I mean we already have enough threads about that issue pissing people off.
First off, I mean direct offense at or to you Drake. This is just an observation, about thse type issues, from my point of view.
No matter how old you are, you're going to continually run into things throughout your lifetime, that make you upset or unhappy. When I was kid my dad used to tell me, he said "Alabaster, (that was my nickname), when you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, change the channel."
If you don't like your job...Find a new one.
Don't like your neigbors...Live somewhere else.
If the game is making you unhappy....don't play it.
Only you can change the circumstances that are making you unhappy. Maybe it's time to change the channel. :)

DeletedUser34874

First off, I mean direct offense at or to you Drake. This is just an observation, about thse type issues, from my point of view.
No matter how old you are, you're going to continually run into things throughout your lifetime, that make you upset or unhappy. When I was kid my dad used to tell me, he said "Alabaster, (that was my nickname), when you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, change the channel."
If you don't like your job...Find a new one.
Don't like your neigbors...Live somewhere else.
If the game is making you unhappy....don't play it.
Only you can change the circumstances that are making you unhappy. Maybe it's time to change the channel. :)

Your nick name aside....your solution to a difficult issue is to just leave?

So you don’t try to make things better, come up with solutions, fix problems, or in anyway improve your lot you just pack up and go?

You do realize why that is horrible advice right. If everyone just said screw it this isn’t going my way I’m quitting the game would of emptied out the first time we didn’t get the reward we wanted in an event.

If you truly enjoy a game you want to see it thrive. That means pointing out the flaws. Have some free real advice. Just because life makes you a little uncomfortable you shouldn’t run. Faceing issues head on will not only make the situation better for you but might improve other.

Graviton

Rank isn’t the only issue though. Say you want to be a gvg player or plunder. How do you compete with those with level 60+ military gb? How long does it take to “naturally” get a level 60 CoA, Zues, or CDM?

How do you compete with snipers that can easily take first on any gb?

A lot there to unpack and I don't want to be pedantic. If you really want to compete with those guys, the Reader's Digest version is to do the same thing they're doing: minmax your GB levelling. There's no such thing as "naturally" in FoE, there are a few different ways to collect BPs and FPs and level GBs.

Woody*

It hurts newer players even more.
It certainly hurts new players that don't get an Arc. But before the Arc, there was no way (other than spending thousands of dollars and/or doing 50,000 fights) for a new player to ever make significant strides in becoming a top player on the server. Now there is a shortcut...that is no means short, but if someone puts in the time to level The Arc and hunt for FP profits they can essentially close the gap. While it's true they won't surpass a longer playing player who is doing the same thing, since the rewards taper off so much - and the costs to level skyrocket past level 65 or so, the top players will plateau and only be getting very marginally stronger after a point.

DeletedUser25166

My advice wasn't to leave. My advice was to make a change. What that change is is your decision. Like I said, that advice wasn't directed specifically at you.
Actually, you advocated moving to a new neighborhood, so yes your advice was to leave.
Quitter

lemur

Your nick name aside.... your solution to a difficult issue is to just leave?

So you don’t try to make things better, come up with solutions, fix problems, or in anyway improve your lot? You just pack up and go?

You do realize why that is horrible advice, right? If everyone just said screw it, this isn’t going my way, I’m quitting, then the game would of emptied out the first time we didn’t get the reward we wanted in an event.

If you truly enjoy a game, you want to see it thrive. That means pointing out the flaws. Have some free real advice. Just because life makes you a little uncomfortable you shouldn’t run. Facing issues head on will not only make the situation better for you but might improve other.

There are many FoE cheerleaders on this forum who attack those who offer criticism. .They need to read your excellent comment.