• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Arc Has Ruined the Game

DeletedUser31440

There are many FoE cheerleaders on this forum who attack those who offer criticism. .They need to read your excellent comment.

Does that make you a FoE disruptor, campaigning for computer speaker safety and against everything Inno?

DeletedUser32973

Imo the Arc was implemented as a means to reasonably stratosphere GB. A lot of these new GB post arc and some pre-arc kind of need to be stratosphered to be effective. Without the arc I feel like stratosphering was simply too time consuming.

DeletedUser

Imo the Arc was implemented as a means to reasonably stratosphere GB. A lot of these new GB post arc and some pre-arc kind of need to be stratosphered to be effective. Without the arc I feel like stratosphering was simply too time consuming.
Maybe, but before the Arc and hyper-leveling, GBs were part of the game, not the whole game.

DeletedUser31440

Run along now. .Don't you have some 5-minute Blacksmith productions to monitor and collect, because you're such an excellent player? . :p

Snowmen don't have legs, I'm physically unable to run, though if I could it would be glorious. How's the music sounding from your computer these days?

DeletedUser13736

@TrinkOne was not saying that leaving is the only option (or even the best), it was simply a statement that change has to be made at some point. Quoting someone out of context can be misconstrued in all sorts of ways. Trink explained the comment, I don't know why it is a big deal anymore.
My advice wasn't to leave. My advice was to make a change. What that change is is your decision. Like I said, that advice wasn't directed specifically at you.
If you get butthurt from someone else's comment, perhaps you should make a change, instead of bashing someone else for giving an opinion you don't agree with.

DeletedUser27184

Maybe, but before the Arc and hyper-leveling, GBs were part of the game, not the whole game.
The Arc is still part of the game. A part you cant ignore, but still only a part. It effects a lot of other parts of the game, but still, there is so much more in the game.

Further, its interesting that we (the players) started to find solutions to the Arc issues - let me try to explain what I mean -
For a long time the Arc troubled me. You cant realy fight over a spot against a player with high arc.
But lately more and more guilds started to support their guildies with a 1.8(+) value thread (i.e. you post your GB into it, and get a 1.8 value for a spot from a guildie with high arc) and this (IMO and experience) reduces the snipe issue a lot. For the players who dont have high arc they still cant take the 1st/2nd spots, but on the other hand they know they can have good value on thier own spots. So they can kick all thier sniper (not)friends, and remain secure within the guild who will help level thier GB's in a faster way then they could do alone. The Arc, in this way, within the guild, support and advance other players.
Yes, this solution works only for guilds who support this, but the idea now is out, and it starts to root.
And yes, it does not take care of the root problem of the Arc, but it does help with the symptoms.

Triopoly Champion

Inno can keep The Arc as the way it is, but the game developers can strengthen other GBs to balance the entire game such as Colosseum, Notre Dame, Space Needle or Lotus Temple.

If Inno changes Great Swords from 25/25 to 26/26, then the cannons become relatively weaker with no changes in themselves.

Ta 152H

Inno can keep The Arc as the way it is, but the game developers can strengthen other GBs to balance the entire game such as Colosseum, Notre Dame, Space Needle or Lotus Temple.

If Inno changes Great Swords from 25/25 to 26/26, then the cannons become relatively weaker with no changes in themselves.

I think you're looking at it backwards. Arc has made other GBs more powerful, because they get far more donations than they did before the Arc enabled them to do so and still make a profit.

Don't get me wrong, ND, Col, S N, are horrid, and beyond any assistance Arc-increased donations can help. But for others, they certainly do improve them because they are now easier to level.

DeletedUser15539

I wish the Arc had never been introduced. But since it is here, to remain competitive you just about have to give in to the hysteria.

Triopoly Champion

If a specific GB allows fp contributors to win rewards from the 6th or/and 7th positions, more people can gain bonus, since those level 80+ Arc players typically aim for the 1st and 2nd places. I'm sure it's fair to win 1 or few current age goods while contributing other people's GBs.

To fully balance The Arc, unless you can make yourself a boosted Purified Water or/and a Nano Particle producer with the basalt or/and brass deposit boosts through another GB, The Arc will remain the most powerful GB in the entire game forever.

Ta 152H

I wish the Arc had never been introduced. But since it is here, to remain competitive you just about have to give in to the hysteria.

Inno loves it, because so many people plunk down cash to buy the goods and/or blueprints as quickly as they can, particularly on new servers. It's a money grab for them. But I can't disagree with you; it's hurt the game.

DeletedUser32348

IMO ARC's like a shortcut to spending lesser time in the game.
inorder to level ur GBs u need fps more than u make.
Inno is so kind in giving some free fps in GE, Incidents, Tavern visits, DCs.
but these wudn't even make ur GBs grow faster or be enough to research faster through Tech Tree.
It'll take more time in the long run.

Now if u have ARC, u get more rewards than they're supposed to give us from the contribution.
which makes u earn more fps, which in turn can be used to level ur GBs or research Tech Tree
and move faster through ages or tech; so u spend little time in the game and grow more faster within short time.

In Reality, Players won't stick too long in a game if game developers won't give us an alternative solution to grow/move faster through ages or GB levels. they wud lose players if they dint give an option.

I understand that its hard in first to get ARC prints or any other GB prints to get a full set.
and then to get rewards from it.
In order to reap the rewards of any GB, u have to level it till 5+ (at least)
and by the time u reach that lvl, u slowly start earning and it all eases down.

DeletedUser31440

If a specific GB allows fp contributors to win rewards from the 6th or/and 7th positions, more people can gain bonus, since those level 80+ Arc players typically aim for the 1st and 2nd places. I'm sure it's fair to win 1 or few current age goods while contributing other people's GBs.

To fully balance The Arc, unless you can make yourself a boosted Purified Water or/and a Nano Particle producer with the brass deposit boost through another GB, The Arc will remain the most powerful GB in the entire game forever.

Can you explain that to me like I'm 5?

Triopoly Champion

The Arc offers so much goods to the basis of GvG fights, without The Arc, guild treasury cannot be accumulated properly.

The Arc adds in all 5 types of current age goods to the guild treasury daily. Unless Arcless players can constantly change their continent deposit bonus, there are no other way to balance the Arc advantage. Smart Materials always fall shorter under other Tomorrow Era goods in the guild treasury.

If a guild runs out of Purified Water or Nano Particles, it can no longer fight on the Future GvG map unless they have enough members carrying the basalt and brass continent deposit bonus. For Arcless or low-level-Arc players to be able to compete against high Arc players, the poor guys need the correct configurations of goods production trees to support their own guild.

If I can use self-boost kits on my Porcelain Manufacturer, this may work as well.

DeletedUser31440

The Arc offers so much goods to the basis of GvG fights, without The Arc, guild treasury cannot be accumulated properly.

The Arc adds in all 5 types of current age goods to the guild treasury daily. Unless Arcless players can constantly change their continent deposit bonus, there are no other way to balance the Arc advantage. Smart Materials always fall shorter under other Tomorrow Era goods in the guild treasury.

If a guild runs out of Purified Water or Nano Particles, it can no longer fight on the Future GvG map unless they have enough members carrying the basalt and brass continent deposit bonus. For Arcless or low-level-Arc players to be able to compete against high Arc players, the poor guys need the correct configurations of goods production trees to support their own guild.

If I can use self-boost kits on my Porcelain Manufacturer, this may work as well.

Just to clarify here, you believe the Arc is too powerful because of it's guild goods production and not due to it's contribution rewards boost?

Triopoly Champion

The Arc is too powerful because it has 2 very strong boosts in 1 single GB. The max possible contribution reward boost is still under double.

If Inno can adjust the length of the forge bar according to the player's age, then the balance will be better. Say ->

BA: 10 (1 fp every hour)
IA: 11 (1 fp every 55 minutes)
EMA: 12 (1 fp every 51 minutes)
HMA: 13 (1 fp every 48 minutes)
LMA: 14 (1 fp every 45 minutes)
CA: 15 (1 fp every 42 minutes)
Indy: 16 (1 fp every 40 minutes)
PE: 17 (1 fp every 38 minutes)
ME: 18 (1 fp every 36 minutes)
PME: 19 (1 fp every 34 minutes)
CE: 20 (1 fp every 32 minutes)
TE: 21 (1 fp every 31 minutes)
FE: 22 (1 fp every 30 minutes)
AF: 23 (1 fp every 29 minutes)
OF: 24 (1 fp every 28 minutes)

Whenever 1 fp is regenerated, a golden rectangle is filled. With 11 as the max, the first golden rectangle can change to red.

Higher era players suppose to be more powerful, but it's the levels of The Arc matter right now.

Last edited: