• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Arc Has Ruined the Game

DeletedUser31440

The Arc is too powerful because it has 2 very strong boosts in 1 single GB. The max possible contribution reward boost is still under double.

If Inno can adjust the length of the forge bar according to the player's age, then the balance will be better. Say ->

BA: 10 (1 fp every hour)
IA: 11 (1 fp every 55 minutes)
EMA: 12 (1 fp every 51 minutes)
HMA: 13 (1 fp every 48 minutes)
LMA: 14 (1 fp every 45 minutes)
CA: 15 (1 fp every 42 minutes)
Indy: 16 (1 fp every 40 minutes)
PE: 17 (1 fp every 38 minutes)
ME: 18 (1 fp every 36 minutes)
PME: 19 (1 fp every 34 minutes)
CE: 20 (1 fp every 32 minutes)
TE: 21 (1 fp every 31 minutes)
FE: 22 (1 fp every 30 minutes)
AF: 23 (1 fp every 29 minutes)
OF: 24 (1 fp every 28 minutes)

Higher era players suppose to be more powerful, but it's the levels of The Arc matter right now.

If you have an Arc do you still get the age adjusted fp's? And how does this balance anything out?

Triopoly Champion

If everyone only gets 10 fps max, an 80+ high Arc player will have 1,000 + 10 fps to use. 1000/10 = 100

If that high Arc player is in Contemporary Era, he only get 1,000 + 20, while Arcless players of the same era get 20. 1020/20 = 51

DeletedUser13736

It would just add another layer of potential abuse. Instead of higher ARCs making more FP's, now it's higher aged cities and ARC's that make more FPs XD

DeletedUser31440

If everyone only gets 10 fps max, an 80+ high Arc player will have 1,000 + 10 fps to use. 1000/10 = 100

If that high Arc player is in Contemporary Era, he only get 1,000 + 20, while Arcless players of the same era get 20. 1020/20 = 51

Explain like I'm 5 again please.

DeletedUser13736

Higher era players should make more fps because their researches will require more.
And they can...with an ARC. But, unlike the scenario you just proposed, so can lower era players. This idea would screw over the lower aged players just like an ARC can screw over an ARC-less player. It doesn't matter if their research requires more FP, everyone's GB costs the same no matter the age of the city. That would just fuel more players with FP for GB's that lower aged players don't have access to. At least with the ARC you can get FP's without aging up.

Edit: Added the quote from Tucker.

Triopoly Champion

You can only contribute to the GBs of your friends, guild mates and neighbors. Iron Age players really don't need a Kraken to do their GEs.

I suppose you oppose the SoKs as well because it's impossible for an Iron Age player to build 30+ SoKs due to the lack of enough city space.

1 SoK = +1 fp daily

If an Iron Age player can be as strong as an Oceanic Future player, then the game is no longer realistic.

I only plunder the Arcless players, but I cannot plunder an Iron Age player.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13736

You can only contribute to the GBs of your friends, guild mates and neighbors. Iron Age players really don't need a Kraken to do their GEs.
Says who? No one really needs a kraken to do GE's anyway. GE was here before the kraken, and many players got along fine without one.
I suppose you oppose the SoKs as well because it's impossible for an Iron Age player to build 30+ SoKs due to the lack of enough city space.

1 SoK = +1 fp daily

If an Iron Age player can be as strong as an Oceanic Future player, then the game is no longer realistic.

I only plunder the Arcless players, but I cannot plunder an Iron Age player.
1.) Medal Expansions=City Space
2.) I don't care what players build in their city, regardless of age. I care about someone trying to say that a higher aged city should be afforded more FP than a lower aged city could get; without that lower city having access to the same FP's that a higher aged city gets.
3.) An IA player can be as strong as an OF, in certain areas, in some the OF player will always be stronger.
GB's are not capped by age. (IA could be as strong as OF).
GE points are awarded based on age. (OF will always be stronger if they complete the same or more encounters as an IA player.)
OF Goods are worth more than IA Goods (OF>IA)
GvG is worth more in higher ages (OF>IA)
I can go on if you wish.

Triopoly Champion

Medal expansion is only 1 of 3 types of the possible rewarding city space, there are 2 diamond expansions tied to every age, also plenty more from the tech researches in each age.

How far do you think you can go on the campaign continent map while still staying in Iron Age?

When GBs are available to be built in all the ages, then some Arcless players will have troubles because high Arc players are living in their neighborhoods.

Should our real Contemporary world change back to Iron Age and still be able to perform some of the important human and tech functions?

I don't find myself competing with high Arc players often since not many of them are the friends of my friends. Unless I contribute to a GB of a Future Era player or higher, then of course that guy will be my guild leader.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13736

Medal expansion is only 1 of 3 types of the possible rewarding city space, there are 2 diamond expansions tied to every age, also plenty more from the tech researches in each age.

How far do you think you can go on the campaign continent map while still staying in Iron Age?

Should our real Contemporary world change back to Iron Age and still be able to perform some of the important human and tech functions?
Bottom line: this is a game. A game is fictional. Even realistic fiction sometimes strays from absolute realism. On US12 you have an ARC, I assume you are in the Future Era (I can check) if not, then you are being hypocrytical and anything and everything you say about "realism" should be thrown out of the window.
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 7.03.23 PM.png

Edit: I checked, our dear Tucker is in Colonial Age. Which, based on his reasoning about realism stated before, means that he should delete his ARC, RAH, and Traz. Maybe even go a step further and delete the city all together; after all- realism is more important than any playstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13736

You should know that already Ozy!
Everyone knows that once you get a lvl 80 Arc, you receive 1,000FP packs in your inventory...Daily...With no extra effort of your own. And that's why the ARC is so overpowered...because while it may look like you are doing actual work, the INNO gods are really just supplementing your FP income without doing anything for yourself. That math and numbers are meaningless, it's the spirit of the thing.

Triopoly Champion

With more daily fps given to the higher age players on the forge point bar, they have to spend right away instead of put into inventory and use 1,000 at once.

The over-fictional is causing the game to be troublesome. I can easily surpass most of my Colonial neighbors while Algona still thinks I'm a noob, so the math is completely screwed here.

People think it's unfair because you can build The Arc before reaching the Future Era. If all the players get slightly more as they advance the ages, the difference won't be such big assume The Arc were only available to FE+ players, then Inno has to introduce other fp boost GBs to the lower age players, but since the game is already this way, not possible to change it anymore.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13736

when did @Algona come into this thread?
Why post math if it is irrelevant to your example?
What do you mean over-fictional? You placed the ARC down, you can just as easily tear it apart-same goes for basically every aspect of FoE.

Edit: I've seen your Colonial aged city...I doubt that you can "easily surpass" most of your neighbors. What does that mean btw? Are you talking about research? GB's? PvP? Ranking Points?

Triopoly Champion

For the math part, it's better to have forge point bars longer for the higher age players, since Inno game developers didn't put this in at the first place, they chose The Arc GB instead and made it overpowered.

It's more reasonable for a Contemporary player to have a 20 fp bar with 45% contribution boost than a 10 fp bar with 90% contribution boost.

It's really not that big of a difference if a Contemporary player gets 20 fps instead of 10 fps on the bar because they'll need to spend them shortly after. However it's a mislead for an Iron Age player thinking he can be as strong as an Oceanic Future player while it cannot be fulfilled until that Iron Age player advances to the proper era.

An Iron Age Legionnaire will never win a Future Era Rail Gun. The Arc screwed the game because it's possible to have a huge 80+ Arc built in Iron Age thus no neighbors can dare compete, but can an Iron Age player acquire the Rail Gun?

Last edited:

DeletedUser13736

For the math part, it's better to have forge point bars longer for the higher age players, since Inno game developers didn't put this in at the first place, they chose The Arc GB instead and made it overpowered.

It's more reasonable for a Contemporary player to have a 20 fp bar with 45% contribution boost than a 10 fp bar with 90% contribution boost.
The devs did not face a choice about a longer FP bar VS the ARC GB. the FP bar has no correlation to the contribution boost, because GB contributions are packs, not dispensed into the bar. If it were put straight into the bar, what would happen when you are supposed to recieve more than the FP bar cap?

Triopoly Champion

If players need spend the forge points right away from the bar, then it's much harder for them to snipe the GBs and earn so much so quick.

I have the screenshot of my own rank in the neighborhood, if compare military strength, the difference is even more.
Forge of Empires - Colonial City - Fully Motivated.jpg

This guy thought he was way ahead of me several months ago -
Forge of Empires - C00kie Guy Rank.jpg
Both he and I have level 6 Arcs now, but I'm in Colonial and he's in HMA.

DeletedUser13736

So you are trying to stop sniping by changing the contribution rewards to directly go into the bar? Also cookieguy is not even on the same server as you, why are you comparing yourself to him? He also has almost 8,000 ranking points more than you-so I do consider him ahead of you. Which further disproves your argument that a lower aged player should not be as strong as a higher aged player. Do you realize how often you contradict yourself?