• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DeletedUser

a system that has to be managed by a single player falls apart when that manager quits playing, or gets tired of managing other peoples free game opportunities
You keep talking about "managing" when you talk about normal guild x FP swap threads. I have been in dozens of guilds over several worlds and have never run across a guild where the swap threads need as much management as your system. Your system needs hands on management by every participant just to be a part of it. A normal guild's swap threads need very little hands on management by anyone. Each player that posts in one can check his GB after the next person posts just to verify that the donation was made, but has to do no pre-arranging to make the swap. And actually, since your system seems to depend on large one-time donations and only returns 20% ROI, it doesn't work as easily as normal swap threads where players can donate in whatever thread they can handle with the FP on their bar. About the only thing I've seen positive in your description of the system is that it apparently works smoothly for your particular guild. But with its high maintenance and low ROI, I'm just not seeing it as an improvement on any other system in general use.

DeletedUser

do you want to go back and forth making and checking dozens of little swap thread contributions? trying to figure out if you were shorted/by who?
If you feel you need to do that, you're in a bad guild.
the system returns a guaranteed minimum growth rate of 20%
Unless they're locking the spot with a one-time donation, your system guarantees nothing. And it depends on the entire rest of the guild respecting the (unlocked) position of that player.
not sure where you are getting the 'large one time donations' thing from. a player with a small fp income can match with a player with a large fp income. the small player can go slowly at their pace,
The exact point that negates your claim that it is "sniper-proof". The smaller player is at the mercy of the bigger player's friends and hoodies in addition to any unwitting guild members who might not know about their privately arranged swap. (And making sure every guild member knows about all the swaps would mean an extremely large commitment to managing the system for at least one person.)
the problems that arise in normal 5/10 threads are well known and require a certain amount of constant attention. i recently had a problem in my guilds common 5/10 threads that left the guild with 2 less players.
i consider listening to the constant complaints and dealing with the problems in these threads a 'management issue' .. not sure about you.
Again, if you're seeing this level of problems you need to either find another guild or jettison some players. I've led or helped lead several guilds over 4 years of playing and rarely had the level of problems with normal swap threads that you seem to have encountered. Of course, if I find myself in a guild where I can't trust the other members, I move on. If you can't trust them under one system, you won't be able to trust them under another.
in my long time experience of using this system, i have not seen or experienced the same types of problems that come from other systems, including 1.8/1.9 and other small groups systems.
The problems aren't in the systems, they're in the players using the systems. And if you have problem players, you get rid of them. Problems solved.

DeletedUser37581

The exact point that negates your claim that it is "sniper-proof". The smaller player is at the mercy of the bigger player's friends and hoodies in addition to any unwitting guild members who might not know about their privately arranged swap. (And making sure every guild member knows about all the swaps would mean an extremely large commitment to managing the system for at least one person.)
See post 17 where he admits this claim is click-bait.

Emberguard

this system gives people the ability to easily/consistently bank at least 20% of their daily FP production.
I can already get consistently a third return of investment from day 1 without a arc or fancy mechanics as long as I'm either consistent in swap threads or in a private group

I can get full return of investment with a Arc even making pure profit

DeletedUser38090

See post 17 where he admits this claim is click-bait.
Threads, especially when discussing something of significance like a different FP swap system, will obviously not get buried, and there would be ample discussion. The fact he has to make a lie to "get attention" when the majority of forum regulars are already paying attention to new threads here is pointless, silly, and a tad insulting. We don't need oversold, deceptive thread titles to get our attention.

DeletedUser37581

Instead of a measly level 10 GB, why not use a level 40 Arc as an example? I want to take top spot and pay over 3 days. How do you stop snipers?

Emberguard

[…]
this system minimizes that issue to a large degree. i could say even eliminates it as it is never something i have had to deal with in my guilds guaranteed prize thread
[…]

*edit* you can glance at '--LOST PRIZES' , for an example of how a lost prize might be handled and balanced
First you say you never have to deal with it, then you say you've got an entire advanced mechanic system around that exact thing happening

So it's not a case of not happening, it's a case of people resolve it between themselves. Something that already happens in every system out there unless someone is dishonest and refuses to pay.
you want to spend your time hovering over swap threads thats great.
[…]
i can set up a swap in 1-2 mins and gain a minimum of 20%
[…]
If you're spending more then 30 seconds on swap threads you're doing it wrong. I never hawk the threads. I collect, dump and that's it. No need to set anything up as it's already set up

If there's too many players using the threads then they can always be split so the threads only contain X amount of players so everyone gets positions

some people even go to the trouble to note their current Fp totals in threads.
That's pretty much what your system does anyway with a whole lot more paperwork

Overall your system basically achieves the same or similar as other systems while needing constant management from those in the system every time you use it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

you brought it up. for some reason its on your radar enough that you feel the need to use it as a discussion point.
You should recheck the very first line of your original post in this thread. You start off by mentioning the "problems" with other swap systems.
regardless, it happens often. its an issue that is constantly an issue in guilds across the game. some people even go to the trouble to note their current Fp totals in threads.
I am currently in 3 active guilds of various sizes and we have these issues in none of them. In fact, over the four years I've been playing (and helping lead guilds) I would say that swaps rarely take any time to manage, and rarely have the issues you seem to think they have. And on the rare occasions that there is an issue, it is easily dealt with. Maybe you've just been in bad guilds. I would argue that the reason you don't have many issues with your system has less to do with the system itself and more to do with the quality of your guild mates.
since if i've been playing and using the system for about 3 and i've passed you in growth [probably after 2]? does that say anything about the effectiveness?
Not unless everything else we've done has been exactly the same. (Incidentally, the city I started originally 4 years ago no longer exists. I'm not really sure how old my current highest era city is, to be honest.)
no posting on dead GB's in threads, hawking over threads or checking my contribution to see if i need to improve my position, or
just 'set it (my swap) and forget it'.
Dead GBs? Seriously, what kind of guilds have you been in that this was a real issue?
Hawking over threads? Post, donate, done. No back and forth of messages to arrange.
Checking your contribution? If the system works so well, why do you need to do that?
See if you need to improve your position? Why would you have to do that if sniping is not a problem? Hmmm?
thats something you can claim, and it may or may not be true, i dont know how hard it would be to prove or disprove that you do consistently.
but i do know the system that my guild uses, makes it pretty easy to prove and validate my claim.
Hogwash. You can't prove or validate your claims any more than @Emberguard or anyone else can.
you want to spend your time hovering over swap threads thats great.

one of the main things i personally like about this system, is it allows me to play less and focus less attention while still achieving a reasonable amount of consistent success.
Again, what kind of horrible guilds were you in before that you felt you had to spend so much time over simple swap threads? In the three active guilds that I use the swap threads, I post, donate, forget about it, and my FP bank grows consistently without micromanagement. Is it 20%? 30%? 10%? Don't know, don't care. As long as it continues to grow with minimal effort on my part, It's all good. Minimal effort does not describe your system at all.