• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The End of Flash in 2020 What will FOE Do?

DeletedUser33079

What is FOE going to do when Flash fully goes away in 2020. Is there a plan to port it to something different? It is already very cumbersome to play multiple worlds and have to re-authorize flash in chrome. I would use Windows Explorer but the screen resolution is a bit distorted and doesn't change scale very gracefully. I hate to see years of play all of a sudden be inaccessible.

DeletedUser

What is FOE going to do when Flash fully goes away in 2020. Is there a plan to port it to something different? It is already very cumbersome to play multiple worlds and have to re-authorize flash in chrome. I would use Windows Explorer but the screen resolution is a bit distorted and doesn't change scale very gracefully. I hate to see years of play all of a sudden be inaccessible.
They have already done something. You can go to your settings and switch to HTML5 right now. They rolled it out weeks ago. I use Chrome and have been using HTML5 since it's been available.

DeletedUser27889

I'm pretty sure the game now defaults to html5 and you would need to inable it in order to use the flash version.

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 4.44.04 PM.png

I started a new world and this was the default settings.

DeletedUser27889

That's disabled manda - the checkmark needs to be active for it to run html5.
Yup you are correct. I thought by it showing Inactive next to the check box, clicking it would be what made it inactive but after your post I went and clicked it and 'inactive' turned to active.

DeletedUser33079

Did you notice any changes? I noticed that you lose the ability to copy and paste text into messages.