• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The End of the Fair Trade System.

DeletedUser26154

I'm going to submit this proposal ... backwards.
First into Forge Hall, to discuss it's merits.
Then... Proposals if it makes it that far.

Shall we abandon the false notion of Fair Trade?
A system based on well-intended but flawed logic?

I, Ardak Kumerin, hereby opine Fair Trade to be Unfair and Invalid.

Proposal
Abandon the Fair Trade system [the system based solely on coin/supply cost].

Current System
Some people use the Fair Trade Calculator.
Some people don't.
And there are no official regulations to prohibit either.

Details
I've been an out-spoken Champion of the Fair Trade system.
I will unsay no words I've said about it.
But all that pales in light of the facts that have been brought before us.
Fair Trade is not truly Fair and only covers coin/supply cost.
It's time for the Fair Trade Calculator to be abolished and put to an end.

3db60e11e7fd90b28081b5e0bb1b0e10.png
[The Ardak Kumerin Seal of Approval]

Abuse Prevention
Let the Buyer Beware.
Let the Seller Beware.

Visual Aids

images (4).jpg

Conclusion
It Shall Be Done.

Let's get this discussion going.
What do you all think?

DeletedUser8152

This is a fine discussion, but just to be clear it isn't really suitable for a proposal because it's not addressing anything about the game mechanics :)

As for the sentiment, I have no truck with trade rules myself. But I also have no objection to a guild setting whatever rules they want for intra-guild trades. I wish (and we've already requested) that the game let you mark trades as out-of-guild in order to avoid conflict.

DeletedUser26154

also some call the ratio system "The Fair Trade" system and Inno has a "Fair Trade" button on mobile and defaults on browser when entering the "your offer" first. all this madness must end.

One set way for everyone, no matter how they play.

DeletedUser26154

What do these Four Fine People have in common?

download (1).jpg download.jpg dvp.png rn.png

They all like Free Trade.

DeletedUser25273

As Jaelis says, there really isn't a 'Fair Trade' system in FoE itself to be abandoned. The closest is a mislabeled check box on mobile, marked 'Fair Trade' that isn't as it is 2:1 up for ANY number of ages (2 Bronze = 1 OF goods) which is clearly not anyones idea of a 'Fair Trade'

DeletedUser26120

Outside guild trades only would be great.

1:2 / 1:1 / 2:1 ratio is the only formula one should use in trading.

Trying to change it because you say it costs more to produce is utterly ridiculous. You easily gain coins/supplies when you age up and upgrade your buildings.

People just invented this so they could weasel their way into better trades.

DeletedUser26120

Because it works.

We're told to do it starting in Iron Age, then all of a sudden you want to give me only 75 luxury materials for 50 semiconductors?? Or whatever the so called "fair trade" rate is. It's garbage.

2:1 / 1:1 / 1:2 ratio works through all ages and anybody who abandons it is almost always only making trades in THEIR favor. They certainly don't offer 50 semiconductors and let it go for 75 luxury materials. But they'll definitely ask for 50 semiconductors and offer 75 luxury. Totally bogus.

The cost to produce luxury materials and cost to produce semiconductors follows the same scale. It's not like semiconductors suddenly got nearly twice as expensive to make (again, a few thousand coins/supplies doesn't really count).

DeletedUser26120

I'd like to point out that, on a personal basis, I am generous when it comes to market. If I have whale oil and need rubber I'll usually offer 100 for 90, mostly as incentive for others to take the trade.

My point is that I'm not advocating 2:1 / 1:1 / 1:2 out of greed - far from it!

DeletedUser26965

I'd like to point out that, on a personal basis, I am generous when it comes to market. If I have whale oil and need rubber I'll usually offer 100 for 90, mostly as incentive for others to take the trade.

My point is that I'm not advocating 2:1 / 1:1 / 1:2 out of greed - far from it!
Of course not, you're advocating it "because it works".

DeletedUser29206

Tariffs we must have Tariffs... we need this to protect our production from unfair trade deals from abroad. citizens are encouraged to only buy goods produced by the nine magi. Any goods purchased from abroad must be taxed heavily. special trade agreements may be purchased from our trade administration office. please provide the type, quantity, and frequency of goods you would like to trade and an administrator will contact you with a reasonable quote in 5-7 business days.

thank you
TNM's - Trade Administration Office

DeletedUser26120

Of course not, you're advocating it "because it works".
That was only one of the reasons I gave.

Did you miss the part about the majority of players abusing the system to get trades in their favor?

That's been my experience whenever someone departs from 2:1 / 1:1 / 1:2.

wolfhoundtoo

You have no more right to dictate the trade terms than the players who mandate the fair trade system. Guilds and players can determine how they want to trade accordingly. I'm in 3 guilds - 1 is 'fair trade', one is 'free market" as we have literally no rules over trading and the 3rd came up with a trade ratio of 1.5 past colonial age. Which one is right? All of them. :D

If you don't like a system don't use it. Guilds can determine their own rules and you can always start or find a guild that has the rules you want to utilize.