• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The future of DCs?

Jern2017

Do you think the rewards from Daily Challenges can be made more exciting?

For more advanced players, FPs are likely the only truly useful thing they can get and certain buildings (Cherry Garden set, premium buildings...) are good as Antiques Dealer fodder, but what about new buildings or rewards?

I can't imagine any more event buildings will be added to the DCs because of the Antiques Dealer now.

So, maybe we could someday see Sentinel Outposts, Tactician's Towers or other buildings that are not tied to a specific event being offered a reward?

A DC specific building? We have buildings that can only be obtained from a certain feature in the the game (TFs, SSWs, Tribal Squares... in the GE, the Statue of Honor in GBG, buildings from the Cultural Settlements and now, a building we can only get from the AD, the Art Exhibition). Maybe fragments of a new building, unique to the DCs could be introduced?

Another thing I would really like to see in DCs is event currency. We had that during last year's Fall Event and it wasn't anything game breaking, but it did allow us to have an extra try or two for the daily special.

Super Catanian

I definitely agree. And with the addition of the SO and TT, I realized something...
Watchfires boost the DEF of your defending army. TTs do that with the ATK of the defending army. The SO boosts the DEF of your attacking army. However, there is no 1x1 Building similar to these that directly boosts the ATK of the attacking army. I understand that many Event Buildings, such as the Colossus and the Asylum boost that, but it would be cool to see some new little tower available to go along with the three I mentioned first.

And what about the new DC Building? A Challenger's Corner, or something, perhaps? Perhaps it could provide something unlike we've ever seen before. Exactly what it would be, I don't know yet. But I like this idea.

Jern2017

Yes, the smallest building that provides an attack boost for the attacking army is the Pirate Outpost (2x1) if I'm not mistaken.

Anything that provides FPs and military boosts would be fine by me!

Godly Luke

I definitely agree. And with the addition of the SO and TT, I realized something...
Watchfires boost the DEF of your defending army. TTs do that with the ATK of the defending army. The SO boosts the DEF of your attacking army. However, there is no 1x1 Building similar to these that directly boosts the ATK of the attacking army. I understand that many Event Buildings, such as the Colossus and the Asylum boost that, but it would be cool to see some new little tower available to go along with the three I mentioned first.

And what about the new DC Building? A Challenger's Corner, or something, perhaps? Perhaps it could provide something unlike we've ever seen before. Exactly what it would be, I don't know yet. But I like this idea.
Nah, just add the Sentinal and Tactician Tower to the AD.

Emberguard

As long as an event can be fully completed without the DC having event currency then I won't mind DC having event currency. It's a great way to increase the margin of error. However I wouldn't want it to be too necessary unless the event quests are also dialled back to compensate for the increased resources spent on DC

RazorbackPirate

Some events add currency to DC, some events add currency to Incidents. I'm okay with the variety and leaving it up to Inno to decide which to use when.

DeletedUser30312

I'd like to see them use the event currency prizes in the DC more often, because it gives more incentive to do DCs during an event. DCs become something of a distraction during an event and I usually don't bother with them until I've blown through the rush quests and caught up with the dailies.