• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Future of the Debate Hall

DeletedUser3

Hi All,

When the forums grow substantially, and more debaters participate in this forum section, I will be initiating forum debate contests, in which the community decides the winners. That's right, part of winning a debate is convincing the audience, or at least arguing your point sufficiently so as to move the audience to vote for you even if they are in disagreement with your stance. To discourage cheating in such contests, they will be monitored. The scope of these contests are to be determined.

Again, this is in the future, so let's see what we can do to increase forum participation, gain more interest in community debate, and perhaps that future will be sooner than expected.

Hellstromm
Community Manager

DeletedUser3

Hehe, well if it's any consolation, I won't be participating in contest debates. ;)

DeletedUser22

I might give it a shot if i like the topic. Curious in how you are going to set this up though.

DeletedUser3

Well, first I'll obtain a DNA sample from all participants, then crossmatch them with my own to see if you're my spawn (which would, of course, invalidate your participation, let alone your right to procreate). From there I'll initiate a worldwide television show called, "Who's Got Debate?" and hire the absolute worst critic imaginable to act as a judge, along with an alcoholic hottie and some random nobody, then insist upon including comic relief by allowing absolute crazies to get past the initial screening.

Oh, and then I'll spend all the money I make on investing in hair products for hamsters.

DeletedUser3

Well it's getting close. I will be starting a Referral contest soon. After that, we'll likely be having a debate contest. Hone your skills, the time is coming!

DeletedUser

Lol, wow this thread is beyond old. Lol. How's it going there Hellstromm?