• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The game steals FP

DeletedUser39935

I'm told this is intentional. that the game will lie and steal fp. this confirmation box is a lie, and is meaningless. even if you keep it on, you can have fp stolen.

1585096431155.png

Emberguard

What are you saying exactly? Are you saying you can be sniped? Or are you saying aborting doesn't abort? If you're saying you can be sniped then the game never lied to you. At the time of confirming that was the correct amount but you took time to confirm. If you're saying it doesn't abort and still takes the FPs then it's a bug and needs to be reported so it can be tested and confirmed

Jern2017

This is a little known fact, but the game became conscious and hid a gigantic FP bank in the servers. The rumor is it's called Forge Knox. Occassionally, it will steal FPs from unsuspecting players and deposit them there. What happens with those FPs remains a mystery.

Seriously though, next time, be clearer and don't accuse this game of trying to harm the players by stealing their resources, because that's a lie, not a bug report.

Spotmeows

I think it's a confirmation to make sure you really want to contribute all your FPs to a great building or a research item, just like they already to when you are about to spend diamonds. It's to make sure you don't do it by mistake.

At the top there is a red bar with the word "confirm", and an X in the upper right corner. If you don't want to spend the FPs, click the X.

DeletedUser39935

this is very clear, it says you are going to contribute x fp, when in fact someone can put fp first and you instead contribute less.

the box is a lie, and the game steals fp.

DeletedUser

I have moved this thread to Forge Hall, as this is not a bug. It is apparently the way they have designed the game to handle nearly-simultaneous GB donations. Inconvenient at times, but not a bug.

Emberguard

this is very clear, it says you are going to contribute x fp, when in fact someone can put fp first and you instead contribute less.

the box is a lie, and the game steals fp.
That's not lying though. Every action whether it be online or real life will have someone whose reaction times are faster. Your input is taken to the fullest extent available from the time you placed it, but you're not isolated from the rest of the game in the process

DeletedUser39935

that's wrong. it does not say that.

you are going to contribute x fp

it doesn't say might, or based on a race or speed. it's very clear english. it's a lie.

RazorbackPirate

But to say it somehow steals FPs is just plain wrong. What would be accurate is that because of the current mechanism, it costs you rewards you might have gotten, had someone else not beat you to it, causing you to overspend for lesser rewards.

Why you're racing others for a spot is beyond me, especially when this is always the risk.

I get you're upset with how it works as it opens you up to a loss, but it's your choice to race others. Had you won, with the player you were competing with ending up on the short end of the stick, I'm sure you would have gloated all day to whoever you could message about another's loss, but with you being the loser, it's the game stealing FPs.

There is an easy fix to this, don't race others. Doing so opens yourself up for a loss. If you don't want to risk the loss, remove yourself from situations where there may be one. The situation you describe has never happened to me, because I don't try to race others for a spot.

DevaCat

That confirmation box simply states that you are about to contribute forge points. That is all it says. It does not lie and the game does not steal. It says nothing regarding any anticipation you might have in mind of securing a reward position, nor does it say anything about what position your points will secure, if any. It simply says you are about to spend points and gives you the chance to opt out of that action.

There is in fact another rather long thread dealing with this very topic which could have eased any concerns regarding possible thievery and goes into the mechanics of what is happening behind the scenes to cause such distress.

But alas the Search button must not have been working for you. I have heard that, a rumor mind you, that if you tap it just right it reveals a map to the location of Forge Knox!

Agent327

that's wrong. it does not say that.

you are going to contribute x fp

it doesn't say might, or based on a race or speed. it's very clear english. it's a lie.

I think "very clear English" is a bit above your capacity to judge.

That you are "about to contribute forgepoints" is absolutely correct. That you failed to contribute the amount you wanted to is something completely different.

Agent327

I do think it should allow a warning if some one added fps while you about to accept. Though probly be too much of a technical thing to do.

Technical???

What about two players donating less than a second apart? Would you see the warning?

Last edited:

DeletedUser32973

So I'm not a fan that this happens either. You can lose an immense amount of forge points just by being unlucky and not necessarily racing someone. The other day I lost ~750 fp when I was contributing to a 1.9 thread (the donation was supposed to be 1500 fp). Someone in the hood of the owner of said GB wanted prints or something (I'm not sure, I never contacted him). Now 750 fp isn't really that much from my perspective, but it's an immense amount to other players. It's the only time this has ever happened to me, and I think the scenario is exceptionally rare. It's probably something you'll only encounter once in your FoE life time unless you're doing RQ's during donations or something.

That said, I don't think it would be that difficult of a fix to produce an error if the player's intended FP for donating couldn't be processed. Note that FoE already has a system in place for handling simultaneous transactions. If it didn't, the event we're talking about would probably produce a critical error. The way they have it coded is to simply donate as much as possible of the amount you attempt to submit. Changing that value to 0 wouldn't be difficult. This makes me think that the FoE team purposely rigged it so it punishes one of the players during two large simultaneous transactions. Why they felt this should be the system, who knows, but I don't think they're going to change it.

You might have been first on the FP donation if you didn't waste time on the confirmation box. Are you aware you can disable the confirmation? It's not that technical...just click "never ask me again".

This is kind of an absurd proposition. Disabling the box would result in more long term losses due to mistakes than any race scenarios would. It also doesn't change the chances of having said scenario occur, so what you're saying is completely irrelevant. Everyone has the same chance of getting hit by a simultaneous transaction as anyone else, regardless of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

I ran into this the other day when simultaneously donating for a high level GB second slot. I typed in the amount and I ended up in third place, leveled the Gb and spent 414 for that third place spot. I didn't type in 414..I typed in 686 and was beat to the second slot by another player. Why did the programming accept PART of my donation. Why wasn't it just refused...? I think that's what this about...