• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The not so good ol days of FOE. There was no Aid button, no GvG, no events worth playing, no app, no incidents, no tavern, no auction dealer, no daily challenge, no GE, no GbG, no arc, no observatory, only fighting was against your neighbors and continental map. The game was long and boring. Slowly improvements started coming.

I been playing this game off and on for the most part of 7 years. Spent more time off than on. But I keep getting drawn back to the game for it's city building and competitiveness. But that competitiveness comes at a cost, your time. As years go by, many improvements were made. The game was starting to become not so much like a chore, but actually kinda fun. Eventually the daily grind of GvG becomes a chore in order to stay competitive and time to bail again. In 6 months or a year, I would be back. There were new features, new buildings, new events, new worlds were available every 3-9 months to get a fresh start. But still felt like a chore. GvG and GE were the only game in town. It was very tough to be competitive and still have a professional career and a family. The game had to go. About a year or so trying other games, I came back just looking to kill time, play casually and not so competitive. I went to the forums first and started reading. I stumbled on a guide I felt would work great for me and I gave it a shot. It has completely changed the game for me. I am able to play casually and competitive. For the first time I been playing FOE for almost a year now anticipating a new world.

The Good: Gone are those days when we needed a third party flash app to collect so we didn't get plundered. Gone are those days of going city to city to M/P. Gone are the days of getting your stilt house plundered 5 minutes out of the gate. Gone are the days you had to fight GvG to raise the guild level. New event buildings, New ages, New GB's. New strategies. The game is actually fun.

The Bad: Must join top 5 guilds to be competitive in GvG. Coliseum, Notre Dame and other GB's are so bad, their blueprints are not worth taking up space in my GB list.

The Ugly: 2020 is first year FOE did not have a new world. Waiting 24 hrs for barracks and buildings are fine. Waiting over a year or more for a new world is ridiculous. I don't mind putting money into a game. I won't put money into a world where my competition has had years head start. Trading more than one age up or down creates a black market for sellers and a ridiculous amount of unfair trades in market.

The game has come a long way since I first got here. But the game is losing it's glamour again. You can only get so far on an old server. I'm growing weary of waiting for a new world to open. Maybe I'll just get the new Playstation instead.

Last edited:

Agent327

New worlds will in general only be opened if there is a need for them. That means the existing worlds are getting to crowded. There isn't a fixed schedule to open new worlds.

Opening a new world would not change anything for you. A new world is a rat race where in the end, the established players will rise to the top again. For you it will mean that you can only get so far again.

Flavius Belisarius

The Good: Gone are those days when we needed a third party flash app to collect so we didn't get plundered. Gone are those days of going city to city to M/P. Gone are the days of getting your stilt house plundered 5 minutes out of the gate. Gone are the days you had to fight GvG to raise the guild level. New event buildings, New ages, New GB's. New strategies. The game is actually fun.

The Bad: Must join top 5 guilds to be competitive in GvG. Coliseum, Notre Dame and other GB's are so bad, their blueprints are not worth taking up space in my GB list.

The Ugly: 2020 is first year FOE did not have a new world. Waiting 24 hrs for barracks and buildings are fine. Waiting over a year or more for a new world is ridiculous. I don't mind putting money into a game. I won't put money into a world where my competition has had months or years head start. Trading more than one age up or down creates a black market for sellers and a ridiculous amount of unfair trades in market.
The Good. Okay agreed.
The Bad. Not true. At least for me. I'm having fun in GVG with our two-member Guild. Don't care if we're not in the top ten. Piracy & guerrilla warfare are fun.
Sorta agree about all the annoying extra GB BP's I'll never really use. They are sorta like the cave next to the Antique dealer. Why is that hole in the ground (with no purpose!) there.
The Ugly. Have you never studied or understood economics? Black Markets and unfair trades are endemic to war. (This is a war-game.)Unknown.jpeg

Kranyar the Mysterious

Back in the day, many players ran multiple cities to keep from being bored. That lead to an excess of players in each world, necessitating new worlds be opened.

Forward to 2021, and we have GBG, settlements, etc, etc. There is now so much to do in one world that many players have shut down their secondary worlds due to lack of time to properly play them, and fewer players are starting secondary worlds (those that do often are creating diamond farms). With less players having secondary worlds, that reduces the pressure to open a new world up, so I doubt we are going to see any new worlds anytime in the foreseeable future.

And remember, new worlds cost Inno server resources and money, new content and keeping players contained to a single world saves them money.

Opening a new world would not change anything for you.

LOL, you have no idea.

A new world is a rat race where in the end, the established players will rise to the top again.

That's the fun of a new world. An old world is not challenging for me.

For you it will mean that you can only get so far again.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that everyone else, except you is mediocre.

It is easier to make top 100 on an older world.

I about fell out of my seat laughing the first time I read this. I had to repost. Please share your wisdom and experience in accomplishing this. And dont use the chicken s*** way and say "buy diamonds".

Last edited:
Back in the day, many players ran multiple cities to keep from being bored. That lead to an excess of players in each world, necessitating new worlds be opened.

Forward to 2021, and we have GBG, settlements, etc, etc. There is now so much to do in one world that many players have shut down their secondary worlds due to lack of time to properly play them, and fewer players are starting secondary worlds (those that do often are creating diamond farms). With less players having secondary worlds, that reduces the pressure to open a new world up, so I doubt we are going to see any new worlds anytime in the foreseeable future.

And remember, new worlds cost Inno server resources and money, new content and keeping players contained to a single world saves them money.

That makes much more sense. And here I was thinking FOE is going down the same road as Evony. I played Evony for years before coming to FOE. Evony put out new servers about once a week. The game was plagued by lag from botters and the black market of selling cities. Sound familiar? Eventually Evony slowed it's new servers to once a year, and the game died. Dejavu.

The Ugly. Have you never studied or understood economics? Black Markets and unfair trades are endemic to war. (This is a war-game.)

I understand economics very well. INNO loses money from GB goods purchased in the Black Market rather than purchased with diamonds, as intended by developers. A business losing money is less likely to invest in new hardware, aka servers. Instead, developers try to create software upgrades (special buildings) to compensate for the monotonous gameplay of old servers. At some point, special buildings are not so special anymore. Eventually gamers get bored and move to another game. New players join but quit from getting plundered by others with 500+ attack. I've seen this happen in other games. FOE is a great game. I would hate to see this happen to FOE.

I think Caesar won't ever e happy with INNO or FOE.

The game is fun, I stated this above. Would like to keep playing, even put some money into the game. I just wont do it on an old server.

Last edited:

Flavius Belisarius

I understand economics very well. INNO loses money from GB goods purchased in the Black Market rather than purchased with diamonds, as intended by developers. A business losing money is less likely to invest in new hardware, aka servers. Instead, developers try to create software upgrades (special buildings) to compensate for the monotonous gameplay of old servers. At some point, special buildings are not so special anymore. Eventually gamers get bored and move to another game. New players join but quit from getting plundered by others with 500+ attack. I've seen this happen in other games. FOE is a great game. I would hate to see this happen to FOE.

The game is fun, I stated this above. Would like to keep playing, even put some money into the game. I just wont do it on an old server.
GO join a Guild run by Rhythwyn.

Ebeondi Asi

I doubt Inno is bothered by Goods sellers/ Buyers in the open legal market Inno provides. LOL There is no "Black market" for GB Goods BTW.

The weaklings whining and quitting from getting pludered by players with seven Rogues and one real fighter is the funniest joke of Foe. No one cares. those people are better off getting out, right off. Those are the people who would never be happy. Then folks who think if they whine enough Inno will change all the rules so they can be safe and happy, all comfy? well they are just insane fools. The rules are fine the way they are.

As for old worlds in Foe. My best most fun World is an early world. An there are plenty of new people in it too. Anyone can join any World, and they do,

Johnny B. Goode

I seen his city on Birka, lol. The dude is IA at 389k with 29 fights and at least a year playing considering he's got an Olympic Treasury, and he spent money to buy those pens. You're kidding, right?
That's not correct.
What's not correct about it? I can verify that Rhythwyn's city on Birka is in Iron Age, has 389k points, has 29 fights, has an Olympic Treasury and two Domestication Pens. The only thing that might not be correct is that Rhythwyn has been playing on Birka at least a year, but even that is a reasonable assumption given some of the event buildings he/she has in that city. Such as the Celtic Forest set.

RazorbackPirate

I'll just drop this right here.
Germany’s leading developer and publisher of online and mobile games, InnoGames is the creator of hits like ‘Forge of Empires’, ‘Tribal Wars’ and ‘Elvenar’. InnoGames focuses on high-quality free-to-play strategy and city builder games and has demonstrated 13 years of consecutive double-digit growth since the company launched in 2007. InnoGames passed the EUR 1 billion lifetime revenue milestone in November 2019 and is demonstrating an outstanding performance in 2020. Full Release
But sure, you're so much smarter than these guys. Surely they'll be turning the lights off any day now.

That's not correct.
She's active in my main diamond farm world at 540k. She's got some old special buildings. It looks as if she's played that server for some time. I'm about to pass her up, I started 5 months ago, and that's playing casually. I need a more experienced guild. Difficult to join top guilds on old worlds. Never had a problem joining a top guild on a new server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.